STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Calories in vs calories bro. Easy money. Just gotta figure out your total. Carbs fat protein. Hit your fiber and micros and your solid bro!
This. Just make sure you're on a calorie deficit. If you need help tracking how much calories you should be taking in a day then use the Myfitnesspal app.

Pet peeves:

People monopolizing the squat rack for things that absolutely don't need a squat rack:
Bent rows
Curls
Upright rows
Just using the space for no real reason: ie Pushups on the floor inside the frame of the squat rack just because.

People who hog/hover over the dumbbell rack. Curls piss me off cause it's just sheer laziness that they want everyone else to wait on their set rather than take a few steps back but nothing is more infuriating than someone who grabs the Dumbbells, stays right on top of the dumbbell rack, and does lateral raises. Now you're taking up the space of like 10 Dumbbells for your one set.

Like someone said, mini circuits during peak. It's not even the circuit it's more like where. Same thing sometimes girls bring a bosu ball over to the dumbbell racks and set up a bench, a bosu ball, two pre-loaded barbells and the 15lb Dumbbells and hog all the space there. The smallest thing in that whole setup is the 15lb Dumbbells and yet you brought everything else over to them. Now I'm supposed to carry these heavy *** Dumbbells 50ft away to get into a bench.

Horrible form. Not less-than-perfect form, I mean downright atrocious, I-want-to-hurt-myself form. Then if you try to help they catch an attitude. Fine buddy. They're your rotator cuffs.

Not racking weights

Not wiping off crazy amounts of sweat off your equipment.

"how many sets do you have?" And then when the answer is anything more than one set they hover over your **** just staring and doing little Billy Hoyle stretches like you're supposed to hurry up for them.

Taking plates off of something I'm using mid-set. Like if it's a bench where the plates are racked on the sides of that bench and someone comes over while you're in the middle of your set and you feel plates sliding off. Mad distracting and unnecessary. They just couldn't be bothered to walk 5 ft to get a different plate.

Phone convos in the middle of the weight room

Girls wearing next to nothing to workout but doing the whole hat/headphones/angry face/don't talk to me vibe as if they're not begging for attention.

Box jumps

How about deadlifting in the power rack... Son, dis dude, brought along his sister/gf, hogged both the power rack and squat rack and did deads on both.... SMH. Just die.

any suggestions on dealing with shin splints? my main source of cardio is basketball, and lately i'll play once for a 2 hour session or so and my shins are screaming for the next couple of days to where i can't play on back to back days anymore.

Pet peeves:

- Dudes who leave their towel or bottle at a machine and is nowhere to be found for a good 10 minutes. The moment you go to use it, he magically appears "bro. I still got a few more sets"

- Dudes who come to the gym to make a fashion statement, walk around and dont even touch the weights

- Dudes who curl in the squat rack

- The skinny guy who goes around trying to give advice on how to lift...

- The random guy wearing jeans and timbaland boots (wtf??)

- Unnecessary groaners (dude was legit dumbbell chest pressing 25lbs and was going over the top. Had everyone fooled thinking he had 120s on each arm)

Edit: The guy whos quarter squatting 4 plates and thinking hes strong

Last edited:
I use the rack for bent over rows all the time and depending how your gym is setup and what kind of deadlifts your doing then using the rack isn't uncommon. But taking up 2 of them when you're together is unnecessary.

I agree with everything else though.

:lol:

I got weights at home but I go to this hood *** martial arts gym too. I never see anything like that though. These dudes don't play.

any suggestions on dealing with shin splints? my main source of cardio is basketball, and lately i'll play once for a 2 hour session or so and my shins are screaming for the next couple of days to where i can't play on back to back days anymore.

Probably your shoes. Other than that, thorough stretching should help...

Girls wearing next to nothing to workout but doing the whole hat/headphones/angry face/don't talk to me vibe as if they're not begging for attention.

Box jumps

:rofl: this is true... and usually theyre not even that fine, but theyre almost naked so u gotta look lol

Back finally feeling good after missing the entire week at the gym! Gonna really buckle down on the eating gonna try the 90 day thing and see how it goes.

This. Just make sure you're on a calorie deficit. If you need help tracking how much calories you should be taking in a day then use the Myfitnesspal app.
Exactly! Also weight out what you are eating to see how much you really are eating or if you're under eating. 

Guilty of this occasionally, but don't care :lol:

Lol unless im dripping sweat and the bench or machine is obviously covered. Ill do a quick knee and pants wipe and diddy bop to the next machine ...no dambs given

Lol that female statement is so true. U got booty shorts sports bra on. Doin lunges in the open instead of against the wall like everyone else.

But got that RBF strong.. get outta here with that

Yeah that's annoying. These two chicks that had the whole entire gym of dudes staring at them, two white chicks, tanned, brunette, cute faces and both thick and in good shape. I go up to one and she says she not here for that. Next thing you know 20min later she starts talking to me and I say I'm not here for that jokingly. I grabbed her number and ended up smashing the next day.

^ you good dude?

Ol boy wrote an essay about what bothers him :lol:
:lol: I work in a gym. I've been a personal trainer for YEARS so imagine the stuff you put up with during your workout, I gotta put up with it all day for multiple sessions. Plus it's my job, so I'm supposed to smile and be polite about it. Just compounded frustration I suppose.

I use the rack for bent over rows all the time and depending how your gym is setup and what kind of deadlifts your doing then using the rack isn't uncommon. But taking up 2 of them when you're together is unnecessary.

I agree with everything else though.

I think it has to do with the gym. The other gym I go to has 4 squat racks and it's never that busy so I couldn't care less if someone does rows or curls in there. I think when a gym only has 1 or 2 racks and someone is doing curls or something in the rack, they clearly don't squat, at least not legit, cause they obviously don't understand the frustration.

Also, you're probably rowing more than 95lbs. Like the guy barbell shrugging like 405 in the rack, do your thing. The guy shrugging 65lbs, pick that **** up off the floor man. :lol:

Man i have no issue with almost anything. There are only 2 things that i can't stand.

Not reracking off a bench. iIf you leave 225 on the bar people think you are still using it and with 2 flat barbell benches in the whole gym its just rude.

Curling in the squat rack. There is 1 squat rack at my gym (they got rid of the second one). So if you are doing anything in the rack that isn't squatting i get super frustrated. Asking dudes if i can squat while they curl 95lbs and they say they will be done soon. Meanwhile there are the pre-set barbells up to 120lbs

back in the gym after 3 months off. benched 315 my first week and squatted 545 my second. really happy with that retention.

that mini circuit thing is ridiculous in my opinion.. theres usually an open room min my gym or atleast a small area where people can go to do that type of stuff. grab a roll away bench and some weight sand take that there during peak times...... dont be doing bench press, going to the cable cross over to do pull ups. then the dip machine to dip. and then abs in the middle of the floor... cut that **** out...

What up yall

I need to fix my squat. Been doing parallel before but its time to go *** to grass. I go down with the weight but i think i have tight hips

What do i do to loosen them up? And i have long legs so i always squatted really wide

But im trying to squat a little more narrow. I don't feel the way i squat blue really hits my legs like it should so im tryna fix this and get some tree trunk legs

Any tips/help is really appreciated

What up yall

I need to fix my squat. Been doing parallel before but its time to go *** to grass. I go down with the weight but i think i have tight hips

What do i do to loosen them up? And i have long legs so i always squatted really wide

But im trying to squat a little more narrow. I don't feel the way i squat blue really hits my legs like it should so im tryna fix this and get some tree trunk legs

Any tips/help is really appreciated
Squat more. 3rd world squats. Elevate your heels or get a pair of squat shoes. 

It's really just trial and error. If a body part is hurting like a knee or whatever, I adjust something, like torso angle or feet width until it doesn't hurt anymore.

The main things I try to concentrate on is tight core, no curved back, look straight ahead, not down, and make sure my knees track where my toes are pointing.

Everything else you can play with until you feel comfortable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom