STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I grip the bar the same way I do on shoulder press as I do bench and try to mimmic the same bar path and tuck my elbows the same. Word to Dan Green and his advice.

That's my problem, in do suicide grip on the bench :lol:

The bar is rested in my palm

Last edited:
Halal food always ***** up my stomach after. So why do I keep eating it?!? [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
I am not looking forward to tomorrow. But looking forward to the meal tonight! [emoji]128514[/emoji]
And I was going to wait for the 3 before I get anymore romaleos, but the newest romaleos 2 color looks nice... I might have to get it.

Last edited:
May have a possible job opportunity overseas. Need to lose some of this winter bulk..i know ill be eating good if i go over.

Putting morning cardio back in.. ugh

Last edited:

My above post was from 7/28/15. My first post in this thread.

I made my goal fellas 
pimp.gif
. 195lbs as of today. Checked on 3 scales btw. Probably sitting at around 14-15% body fat. Abdomen girth is up close to 2 inches but whatever. It aint a lie if you wanna make gainz you gotta put on that weight. 

I just wanna thank everyone in this thread who has helped me thus far.

Next step is the big 200 
pimp.gif
Keep setting new goals. The best part about the gym is that the only person that's competing with you, is you. 
nthat.gif

Two things. 

1. How the heck could I get my calves bigger/defined I feel like my calves are just genetically trash lol

2. I want to continue bulking until about Feb but eating healthier if that makes sense not sure what foods to attack for.

Help is much appreciated. 
1. What are you doing for calves right now?

2. What does your average day's diet look like?

Thought that's based on genetics.

I am always on my toes with weightlifting, nothing about my calves grew, however my leg did get thicker

try farmer walks on your tip toes...... stair master also on your tip toes for a long period of time works also 

Bro when I do snatch or clean pulls, I come up on top with the toes...sometimes I do pauses at the top for 3-5 secs.

Calves ain't growing fam :lol:

Last edited:
Man too bad I can't find any spots local that do hydrostatic body fat tests. Very interested to see the numbers there

Bro when I do snatch or clean pulls, I come up on top with the toes...sometimes I do pauses at the top for 3-5 secs.

Calves ain't growing fam
laugh.gif
lol you might have to get that surgery like that dude luke on true life..... boy got calf implants 

Last edited:
Is it really mostly genetics?? Explains why my calves have always been massive, my whole lower body really. Thought I was just crushing calf raises lmao

I read about calves a while back. Said something along the lines of genetics plus we r always engaging the calf by walking, standing up all day at work etc. So its kinda resistant to growth in comparison to other muscles

I'm Mexican so I'm genetically pre disposed to small calves. That's like you see these Mexican boxers with legit wing spans for back but some chicken legs

Last edited:
I read about calves a while back. Said something along the lines of genetics plus we r always engaging the calf by walking, standing up all day at work etc. So its kinda resistant to growth in comparison to other muscles

exactly.

I am mexican though and have average calves. So idk if I got hit with that one.

Lol calf size is mostly determined by the cut of the muscle. Some ppl have a short calf belly and a long Achilees and some have a long calf belly with a short achilees.

If you have the former, and you want your calf like bodybuilder size, kinda sucks for you man.

For me I'd rather have the latter (which I don't) for sports performance reasons.

Last edited:
You have to blast your calves regularly to get them to grow. Tons of reps and tons of weight, supersets, etc. you have to put in serious work if you're targeting them. Doing a few calf raises won't do **** :lol:

this kinda makes sense. But wouldn't that also apply to our legs in general? I'm assuming more emphasis is placed on calves.

EDIT; found this "There's another reason that the calves, especially the soleus, are relatively unresponsive to weight training. The calves keep your body upright when you're standing or walking. That means they're active throughout the entire day. As a result, the calves are already further developed than any other muscle in "untrained" individuals. Note that this isn't a genetic limit – it's an environmental effect."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom