STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

EDIT; found this "There's another reason that the calves, especially the soleus, are relatively unresponsive to weight training. The calves keep your body upright when you're standing or walking. That means they're active throughout the entire day. As a result, the calves are already further developed than any other muscle in "untrained" individuals. Note that this isn't a genetic limit – it's an environmental effect."

Ya i remember reading something like that as well. Ah well what can u do? :lol: just get em as strong as possible

EDIT; found this "There's another reason that the calves, especially the soleus, are relatively unresponsive to weight training. The calves keep your body upright when you're standing or walking. That means they're active throughout the entire day. As a result, the calves are already further developed than any other muscle in "untrained" individuals. Note that this isn't a genetic limit – it's an environmental effect."

Ya i remember reading something like that as well. Ah well what can u do? :lol: just get em as strong as possible
Jumping standing calf press.

I envy you big calf dudes. Brb doing 5000 calf raises

Man why y'all want big calves :lol:

#TeamChickenLegs #TeamNeverTrainCalves

Last edited:
Jumping standing calf press.

Whats that
https://www.t-nation.com/training/3-reasons-your-calves-arent-growing

In that article.

I envy you big calf dudes. Brb doing 5000 calf raises
Yeah, I've always had big calves, even as a teen my calves were bigger than most other kids my age, and I was stronger than a lot of them too. I remember the Older dudes used to tell me to flex and say I was "diesal". I had no idea what "diesal" meant. I was like 12-14 at the time.

Come to think of it. I think I have "good genetics". I guess.

But yeah. Gonna get these calves bigger when I'm done cutting.

Never had to do calves every day either, so idk what dude talking about.

Bruhhh my gym dont have 100lbs dbs where im supposed to find that machine at :rofl:

I do calf raises either with the bar on my back like im bouta do squats or on the leg press machine. Its not the sick leg press machine where u can add plates tho, the **** with a stack and u move the pin. Only goes up to 500
:Rollin

Try it with a barbell.

I do seated calf press. Gonna start jump raises. (I always pause at top for 3 seconds). I do seated calf raise. Once in a blue, barbell calf raise.

Once a week.

Simple

If you're Filipino, there is no excuse to have small calves

Well... Time to find a new gym. Some ***** told me i cant DL in socks and i have to place the weight down gently....lmao how u expect me to gentle place 405lbs down?

Anyways shoutout to everyone for recommending the chalk. Made a huge difference.

Dl
135x5
225x5
315x5
365x2
385x2
405x1

Prob coulda got another rep of 405 but this dumb broad sussed my workout smfh

The funny part is ive been coming for almost a yr but today someone wanna say something to me :lol: get outta here

A trainer did? I'd complain to management first. How come after a year it's a problem? And that well I'm leaving here then and going somewhere else

A trainer did? I'd complain to management first. How come after a year it's a problem? And that well I'm leaving here then and going somewhere else

I'm guessing it's a liability thing...something that's probably not written in the fine print of the contract.

Oh im def gonna complain. I wanted to argue but whats the sense in arguing with someone whos clearly an idiot. Ill find elsewhere to go regardless, dont matter if its a longer trip.

Back
Top Bottom