STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

E17A840B-837D-4D57-A602-FA961E59BFBB.jpeg

24909145-B395-4B83-93A2-37BF45127275.jpeg

Don’t think I ever posted this but I competed back n October before I went on vacation in the 165lb weight class.

Didn’t do well on squats and bench but I finally was able to hit a 545lb deadlift giving me a gym total of 1400lbs.

Also won first place in my weight class.

On the car ride home I puked so much from caffeine overdose :sick::lol::smh:

How much caffeine did you have :lol:

I think the only time I ever felt like that was when I took yohimbine fasted for a little while to try and lose some bf. That stuff literally made my heart race and made me feel nauseous and I’m pretty good when it comes to stims. Hell I used to run Ephedrine/Caffeine at 25/200 3 times a day and that didn’t even mess me up that bad lol

How much caffeine did you have :lol:

I think the only time I ever felt like that was when I took yohimbine fasted for a little while to try and lose some bf. That stuff literally made my heart race and made me feel nauseous and I’m pretty good when it comes to stims. Hell I used to run Ephedrine/Caffeine at 25/200 3 times a day and that didn’t even mess me up that bad lol

1100mg. Rest of the day my body was shivering and I felt like I was going to die lol

10EC649A-38B9-4482-8F2C-844F1CAF8C37.jpeg

Oh yea also got drug tested for the first time. Guess I’ve reached the level of strength where I’m starting to look suspicious? :lol:

It was awkward af. Had to piss in front of a judge and piss would not come out. Had to concentrate so hard just to piss and it took like 5 literal minutes. Didn’t help that the judge was straight up just looking at my john :lol:

1100mg. Rest of the day my body was shivering and I felt like I was going to die lol
last time that I got caffeine overdose and pretty much the reason why my caffeine intake now has been monitored and reduced from what I normally take, was that my lip and brow was twitching uncontrollably and would have passed a Clint EastWood impression. took a few days for it to subside and thought that I would have a stroke with those symptoms.

10EC649A-38B9-4482-8F2C-844F1CAF8C37.jpeg

Oh yea also got drug tested for the first time. Guess I’ve reached the level of strength where I’m starting to look suspicious? :lol:

It was awkward af. Had to piss in front of a judge and piss would not come out. Had to concentrate so hard just to piss and it took like 5 literal minutes. Didn’t help that the judge was straight up just looking at my john :lol:

😬 nah, that’s wild…

Hit weights today for 4th straight day, feeling so damn good

I prob haven’t been in weight room consistently in a couple years cuz I been hoopin (pickup) so much. My mens league just ended and it’s been on the back of my mind for a while that I wanna get back in the weight room more. It’s been probably a 90-10 ratio of hoop to weights for the past couple years. Planning to do like a 20-80 hoop to weights ratio for like 6-8 weeks or so. We’ll see how that goes. The buckets be calling me, man…

10%?! :sick:

BRUH GIF | Gfycat

For y’all that lift, how do you all avoid getting burned out? Like I go the gym about 5 days a week, and sometimes when it feels like I’m not seeing the progress I take a week or two off. Then I start feeling guilty because I’m like “what if this week or two that I’m taking off would’ve made a difference?” But sometimes I just don’t be feeling it, but then feel guilty when I don’t go.

I don't get "burned out". Taking whole weeks off for no reason isn't something I do, even if I'm sick or injured.
1669485675057.png

Lifting weights has become too integral to my personality, to my life that taking breaks like that is unthinkable.

I don't even treat it like a job, I treat it like an involuntary bodily function.

I take my gym ish on business trips and vacations I have to go on, but I don't even enjoy going on vacation because it means being away from the home gym.

never felt burned out. the only reason I'm off if I got other things to do that I have no time for working out. you don't get burned out for something that you like doing.

^This.

If you have no goal and are just going through the motions to check a box, then I could see why you're having issues.

This thread is low-key bad gym vibes sometimes.
1669485878768.png

if getting burned out is a concern 🤔 you may want to consider decreasing visits to gym? it could be you are over training…taking time off or deloading for a week or 2 can be really beneficial (there are studies that show this) so no need to feel guilty about that, rest is very important. it could also be that you aren’t getting enough of stimulus with the lifts you are doing despite the frequency

Dude is already taking a week or two off for no reason and you want him to decrease intensity/frequency and spend less time in the office....because he needs 'rest' lol? Rest from what?

You know what, y'all got it.
1669485993849.png

Dude is already taking a week or two off for no reason and you want him to decrease intensity/frequency and spend less time in the office....because he needs 'rest' lol? Rest from what?

You know what, y'all got it.
1669485993849.png

well he did say that he is/was regularly going to the gym 5 times a week, seems like the obvious solution…

Let’s hear em

fasho, physical activity is underrated/undervalued by a lot of people in terms of the positive aspects/vibes but ( and this is by no means is exhaustive, because there are too many to list them all) i’d definitely rather hoop, eat, sleep, have sex, chill, lounge on the video game than do exercise(s) 🤷🏿‍♂️

hittin 54” box jumps consistently now, 60” on deck…

Back
Top Bottom