SUITS APPRECIATION VOL USA

Word, especially since they're lawyers. Possession and use of weed is still against the law. Only way this isn't a big deal if it's decriminalized and legalized and even then private companies may decide to be prejudice against this unlike alcohol.

It's weird that they make such a big deal out of weed. Mike turning to weed is not so bad compared to someone going on a drinking bender. He was grieving the death of his grandmother and then smoking mellowed him out and gave him the munchies.

...sigh...because doing drugs regardless of what can be and is usually grounds for termination at most professional places of work. This is something that in the real world would not only cause them to loose their jobs but probably be disbarred.
I know that and that's why they have drug tests in place. I'm just saying in movies or tv shows people don't turn to weed when they go through that kind of stuff. It's usually heavy drinking or some harder drugs. USA shows aren't too serious anyway so I can see how weed fits in and Mike's history with it.

Last edited:
I don't know why in the world you would compare this show to Mad Men. There is no comparison at all. It's not even the poor man's version.
You need to enjoy or just take the show for what it is. It's nowhere near the type of drama MM has been.

-both shows center around an alpha male of a firm but neither are a managing partner. however both are very close to one of the managing partners (harvey/jessica and don/roger)
- both are supposedly the best at what they do in the city (best closer in new york and best creative director in the city)
- both characters have a drive to get whatever they want at no cost and most of the time the problems that arise have the viewer thinking, can he pull it off?
- both have a protege (mike ross and peggy olsen) that are immensely talented at what they do but don't have the experience yet to be as good as their mentors
- both shows have a guy gunning for the main character's spot (louis and pete) and both are insanely envious that they aren't as highly regarded as harvey/don.
- most of the problems in both shows come from their clients and the need to satisfy their needs and bringing in new accounts in order to help the firm make money. most often creating a debate between what is right and what needs to be done to "win"
-don't forget the problems between co-workers! (mike/rachel and peggy/pete)
- and tons more similarities. i really didn't think people wouldn't see the similarities in the shows structure...i thought it was quite obvious imo

Last edited:
Harvey is that dude :pimp:
Mike keeps messing up with Rachel, it's like a vicious cycle. It's unfortunate she had to just show up like that. That was pretty much his first everything and being in the place he was...
I thought Jenny was gonna be back but I guess not
I always laugh at the Luis and Pete comparison, at least Pete is more bearable.
Can't wait until January

"I always pay my debts.... I'm a Lannister"

"Shaquille O'Bryant"

:rofl: Louis is appreciated despite his Louis-ness.

I don't know why in the world you would compare this show to Mad Men. There is no comparison at all. It's not even the poor man's version.
You need to enjoy or just take the show for what it is. It's nowhere near the type of drama MM has been.

-both shows center around an alpha male of a firm but neither are a managing partner. however both are very close to one of the managing partners (harvey/jessica and don/roger)
- both are supposedly the best at what they do in the city (best closer in new york and best creative director in the city)
- both characters have a drive to get whatever they want at no cost and most of the time the problems that arise have the viewer thinking, can he pull it off?
- both have a protege (mike ross and peggy olsen) that are immensely talented at what they do but don't have the experience yet to be as good as their mentors
- both shows have a guy gunning for the main character's spot (louis and pete) and both are insanely envious that they aren't as highly regarded as harvey/don.
- most of the problems in both shows come from their clients and the need to satisfy their needs and bringing in new accounts in order to help the firm make money. most often creating a debate between what is right and what needs to be done to "win"
-don't forget the problems between co-workers! (mike/rachel and peggy/pete)
- and tons more similarities. i really didn't think people wouldn't see the similarities in the shows structure...i thought it was quite obvious imo
The main character of Suits is Mike Ross not Harvey Spector. Harvey is the alpha male that Mike could be. Harvey is the strong supporting male to Mike's rookie protagonist role that the show is centered around.

You seem to be focusing heavily on Harvey with your comparisons. It's skewing your perception to make the rest of the comparisons fall in place. Like Pete and Louis. Pete is gunning to be the best like Don because he's ambitious. Louis secretly wants to be Harvey, actively tries to beat Harvey and kinda obviously be Harvey's best friend. His competitiveness in trying to beat Harvey is unparalleled when compared to Pete. I can agree Pete and Louis are pretty pitiful in a way that they have both accepted they won't get what they really want while pursuing this goal they think they need to reach though.

What problems with Mike and Rachel? They are love interests that have a rocky relationship revolving around sexual tension, lies, and not being on the same page where as Peggy and Pete are competitive/rivals in the work place and it being set in the 50s/60s has a lot to do with it as well..

The way you compare Suits to Mad Men just seems really skewed. Suits leans way more on being witty, clever, and funny in the way it approaches it's drama. They're not prolonged serious themed dramas that deal with a lot introspection like Mad Men. Also the way you compared the key points in Suits to Mad Men makes me think you're missing something with Mad Men. I could probably compare Franklin & Bash to Mad Men with the way you're framing it. To me Suits and Mad Men are different enough where I wouldn't even try to simplify it like that and say the shows are comparable.

Mike keeps messing up with Rachel, it's like a vicious cycle. It's unfortunate she had to just show up like that. That was pretty much his first everything and being in the place he was...
Can't wait until January

but thats th thing, Rachel was pretty much throwing it at him and he made some bs excuse, then he goes and bangs a married woman. How does that look to rachel. Shes like the second string qb whos ready to play but the coach goes out and gets a free agent

dammit mike :smh:

Last edited:
Can't wait until January

but thats th thing, Rachel was pretty much throwing it at him and he made some bs excuse, then he goes and bangs a married woman. How does that look to rachel. Shes like the second string qb whos ready to play but the coach goes out and gets a free agent
Rachel didn't throw anything at him. She's the one that said no and stopped it claiming when ppl are going through tough times they don't think and don't make smart decisions. Mike decides to say screw that I'll go make a dumb decision with the next chick.

The last time Rachel threw it at Mike and he messed up is cuz he was being all moral and didn't want to reveal his lie about not passing the bar or ever going to college and he straight up refused to tell her the truth cuz Harvey told him not to when there wasn't much reasoning behind it.

My problem with that was what would've been so bad about bringing her in to the inner circle that includes Donna, Jessica, Harvey, (and that client chick that doctored all that info and paper work of Mike actually going to Harvard law)? She would just be another person to safeguard him from Louis finding out.

The main character of Suits is Mike Ross not Harvey Spector. Harvey is the alpha male that Mike could be. Harvey is the strong supporting male to Mike's rookie protagonist role that the show is centered around.
You seem to be focusing heavily on Harvey with your comparisons. It's skewing your perception to make the rest of the comparisons fall in place. Like Pete and Louis. Pete is gunning to be the best like Don because he's ambitious. Louis secretly wants to be Harvey, actively tries to beat Harvey and kinda obviously be Harvey's best friend. His competitiveness in trying to beat Harvey is unparalleled when compared to Pete. I can agree Pete and Louis are pretty pitiful in a way that they have both accepted they won't get what they really want while pursuing this goal they think they need to reach though.
What problems with Mike and Rachel? They are love interests that have a rocky relationship revolving around sexual tension, lies, and not being on the same page where as Peggy and Pete are competitive/rivals in the work place and it being set in the 50s/60s has a lot to do with it as well..
The way you compare Suits to Mad Men just seems really skewed. Suits leans way more on being witty, clever, and funny in the way it approaches it's drama. They're not prolonged serious themed dramas that deal with a lot introspection like Mad Men. Also the way you compared the key points in Suits to Mad Men makes me think you're missing something with Mad Men. I could probably compare Franklin & Bash to Mad Men with the way you're framing it. To me Suits and Mad Men are different enough where I wouldn't even try to simplify it like that and say the shows are comparable.

perhaps you're right. it's probably because i've been spoiled by mad men for the past few years :lol:

Louis is great.. he's just so awkward that all his scenes are awesome.

No one touching the bawse Spector though.

I just started watching this show two weeks ago, and I caught up already. I thought it was going to suck since it's on USA but it's actually really good.

bump of peace

Last edited:
Hope they start showing reruns. I need to get reengaged with the finale and how Mike ****** up once again.

For some reason I want to see Harvey get with Rachel and crush Mike's world. There was a scene in the trailer where Harvey was grabbing on a brunette and for a second I thought it was Rachel.

For some reason I want to see Harvey get with Rachel and crush Mike's world. There was a scene in the trailer where Harvey was grabbing on a brunette and for a second I thought it was Rachel.

I think that's Zoe (from the Rewind episode and the episode where they did the mock trial)

I started watching this last week and caught up already...at least I started late so I don't have to wait too long until the next episode airs.

Back
Top Bottom