System of Dress Nike Shorts ?

Originally Posted by osubass1

Originally Posted by Kid Andy

can you guys who have team issue shorts, post some pics and multiple views of inside the legs and compare them with the lining that is in the twills?

are they essentially the same shorts with rubberized waistbands, minus that thin polyester inner layer that the twills have?

loving the rubber waistband by the way, makes the shorts feel super secure at the waist.

andfattoo, this sounds ridiculous, but your confirmation on the fit of the twills and sod team issues, is such a relief to my ears. i was afraid i was going soft in my old age and couldn't rock the big shorts how they are made now. ha!

the game worn/team issued shorts are made of dri fit, not twill. that's probably the biggest fundamental difference.

the team shorts are much thicker and heavier construction than the twill shorts sold to the general public (with the glaring exception of the Hyper Elite uniforms).

all the game shorts i own have in inner liner that's also made of dri fit material.

That inner-liner changed around '06 on the team issued gear.  My Cuse/Michigan shorts have the two-ply, but then my Zags/WF are all a much thinner design with the inner-liner not nearly as thick.  It is almost an integrated approach.

The Jordan brand team issues I have, Cincy/UNC/Cal,  are all a much thinner version despite being from various years.  The Cal had the thickest feeling but not like the Nike.  Not sure why the difference.  The JB versions seem more like the Nike versions after '06.

Originally Posted by fersnash

Originally Posted by osubass1

Originally Posted by Kid Andy

can you guys who have team issue shorts, post some pics and multiple views of inside the legs and compare them with the lining that is in the twills?

are they essentially the same shorts with rubberized waistbands, minus that thin polyester inner layer that the twills have?

loving the rubber waistband by the way, makes the shorts feel super secure at the waist.

andfattoo, this sounds ridiculous, but your confirmation on the fit of the twills and sod team issues, is such a relief to my ears. i was afraid i was going soft in my old age and couldn't rock the big shorts how they are made now. ha!

the game worn/team issued shorts are made of dri fit, not twill. that's probably the biggest fundamental difference.

the team shorts are much thicker and heavier construction than the twill shorts sold to the general public (with the glaring exception of the Hyper Elite uniforms).

all the game shorts i own have in inner liner that's also made of dri fit material.

That inner-liner changed around '06 on the team issued gear.  My Cuse/Michigan shorts have the two-ply, but then my Zags/WF are all a much thinner design with the inner-liner not nearly as thick.  It is almost an integrated approach.

The Jordan brand team issues I have, Cincy/UNC/Cal,  are all a much thinner version despite being from various years.  The Cal had the thickest feeling but not like the Nike.  Not sure why the difference.  The JB versions seem more like the Nike versions after '06.

i've actually purchased some shorts from you before. i didn't know you were an NT'er!

you're right about the JB shorts. i just noticed last night that they don't have the liner. i have UNC and both versions of the Cincinnati shorts, and it's not there.
that was my mistake gor generalizing. i just assumed it was there.

Originally Posted by Mattapan03

Thanks for getting back to us Ray. Why would they advertise it as being a Nike jersey when it still says Converse?
eyes.gif

I guess I'll have to wait till next year
Since Nike owns Converse, the jersey is being advertised as a Nike jersey along with the rest of the jerseys.  Otherwise, next year, Marquette will be a Brand Jordan school.

EastbayRep - Ray

Not to be nit-picking, Marquette was a JB school starting this year. But im guessing your refering to the clothing sold will be JB.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Not to be nit-picking, Marquette was a JB school starting this year. But im guessing your refering to the clothing sold will be JB.
Yup, just referring to the clothing.

EastbayRep - Ray

For the people that have the new State shorts...do they have the new logo like shown in the pics on ndc or the old logo like they are currently wearing?

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

Eastbay always has the white syracuse ones on back order. Anyone have those?
Just letting you guys/gals know, we just received our shipment in for the Nike Twill Shorts - Men's in White - Syracuse (17410555). 

Originally Posted by Mattapan03

Kind of a side note here, but does the Marquette Twill jersey on Eastbay have the Jordan logo on it? The sample pic shows converse. I'm totally confused
The Nike Twill Jersey - Men's in Light Blue - Marquette (17702932) does have the Converse logo on it.  Below are the pictures I received from my contact that checked on the jersey in our warehouse:

dc2361b85907217d0d384c84715f2e4a340d18c9.jpg
ce726ea5362af05540970e20584eec4dc652f5ec.jpg

EastbayRep - Ray

The lettering on that jersey is also incorrect.  While the Marquette wordmark shown is used on the other 3 jerseys, the light blue one actually looks like this...

0120-MRQJEREL_250.JPG
...and I actually like that lettering better than the style shown in the first pic.

That lettering that you showed many be the lettering made by JB...... is that a pic of this season's uni's? If so, he explained that they wont be getting the JB brand stuff til next season.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

That lettering that you showed many be the lettering made by JB...... is that a pic of this season's uni's? If so, he explained that they wont be getting the JB brand stuff til next season.
it still appears to be the converse star on that picture

good look.... it may just be an old pic cause i dont think U of Lou. wears those uni's anymore. I could be wrong.

I'm sure you know what I meant. The difference in sizing between authentic game worn and the "authentic" we get....

naw... i didnt know what you mean, hence the "???"....(not trying to be rude) you mean the difference between game shorts and twills, but to answer your question:  the waist of the 46(XL) of game shorts is about the same width as XXL in twills..(the game shorts might actually be a lil wider).  Length wise: it depends if you have the added length or not (i.e. +2, +4)  The circumference of the shorts around the legs is wider for the game shorts as well(which i love).  The game worn shorts flare out more from the waist due to catering to people with more of an athlete build as opposed to straight down like the twills.  example pics below, i hope this info helps.

2b335dabef77732fa656415e072cd3e71e38364.jpg

95d2527e56703a9444c0bd07acd90ac1d9f7848.jpg

Got the New UK Hyperelite shorts, feel like swim trunks, but i love em, played in em for the 1st time the other day.

Originally Posted by DMONEY23444

Got the New UK Hyperelite shorts, feel like swim trunks, but i love em, played in em for the 1st time the other day.

they feel like swim trunks because they are so thin?.....do you have any older twills??  are they the same length and width.

Thinkin bout getting a pair of the Duke twill shorts off footlocker cause of the f&f this weekend. How does the size in the waist run compared to the Kobe shorts that came out with the Zoom Kobe Vs? I got an XL in the Kobe shorts so idk if i should go with an XL in the twill shorts cause everyone is saying they are crazy long. Thanks in advance!

From what i remember Kobe shorts run small so you may need a M, but im quite sure you can tell how they fit if youre going to see them in person.

The XL i got in the Kobe's are pretty long. Idk how i could see the twill shorts in person... idk any place that sells them where i can go check em out

Back
Top Bottom