Talk show host Dr. Laura Schlessinger uses the N-Word.

Didn't see anything posted, soo

Via today.msnbc.msn.com
LOS ANGELES — Talk radio host Dr. Laura Schlessinger has issued an apology for saying the N-word several times in an on-air conversation with a caller that she said was "hypersensitive" to racism.
Schlessinger said on her website Wednesday that she was wrong in using the word for what she called an attempt to make a philosophical point. 

"I articulated the N-word all the way out — more than one time," Schlessinger said in comments from the opening of her radio show that she posted on her site. "And that was wrong. I'll say it again — that was wrong."

She said she "realized I had made a horrible mistake, and was so upset, I could not finish the show."

Schlessinger said she pulled herself off the air at the end of the hour.

During the exchange on Tuesday's show, Schlessinger said the woman who called herself Jade was too sensitive for complaining that her husband's friends made racist comments about her in their home. (Listen to the audio on MediaMatters.org.)

When the woman asked if the N-word was offensive, Dr. Laura said "black guys say it all the time," then went on to repeat it several times.

Schlessinger did not direct the epithet at the woman, but said she used it to suggest how often she hears it, and that it should not automatically be cause for offense.

When the caller objected, Schlessinger replied: "Oh, then I guess you don't watch HBO or listen to any black comedians."

Schlessinger also said that if the caller did not have a sense of humor about race, she shouldn't have entered into an interracial marriage.

The nerve of her, than again, it's not the first time she put her foot in her mouth, one time she said something like "If you're gay or lesbian it's a biological error"
eek.gif
. Anyways, she also says something like "oh I see, a word is restricted to race... got it", seriously, listen to the audio, she is getting the "a" mixed up with the "er".

Didn't see anything posted, soo

Via today.msnbc.msn.com
LOS ANGELES — Talk radio host Dr. Laura Schlessinger has issued an apology for saying the N-word several times in an on-air conversation with a caller that she said was "hypersensitive" to racism.
Schlessinger said on her website Wednesday that she was wrong in using the word for what she called an attempt to make a philosophical point. 

"I articulated the N-word all the way out — more than one time," Schlessinger said in comments from the opening of her radio show that she posted on her site. "And that was wrong. I'll say it again — that was wrong."

She said she "realized I had made a horrible mistake, and was so upset, I could not finish the show."

Schlessinger said she pulled herself off the air at the end of the hour.

During the exchange on Tuesday's show, Schlessinger said the woman who called herself Jade was too sensitive for complaining that her husband's friends made racist comments about her in their home. (Listen to the audio on MediaMatters.org.)

When the woman asked if the N-word was offensive, Dr. Laura said "black guys say it all the time," then went on to repeat it several times.

Schlessinger did not direct the epithet at the woman, but said she used it to suggest how often she hears it, and that it should not automatically be cause for offense.

When the caller objected, Schlessinger replied: "Oh, then I guess you don't watch HBO or listen to any black comedians."

Schlessinger also said that if the caller did not have a sense of humor about race, she shouldn't have entered into an interracial marriage.

The nerve of her, than again, it's not the first time she put her foot in her mouth, one time she said something like "If you're gay or lesbian it's a biological error"
eek.gif
. Anyways, she also says something like "oh I see, a word is restricted to race... got it", seriously, listen to the audio, she is getting the "a" mixed up with the "er".

Doesn't surprise me..then again I guess I'm paranoid...
I feel all if not most people think this way...
some are just better at keeping it under wraps than others...

Doesn't surprise me..then again I guess I'm paranoid...
I feel all if not most people think this way...
some are just better at keeping it under wraps than others...

the whole a and er making it a whole different word is ridiculous... people need to just drop it completely *like that will ever happen*

the whole a and er making it a whole different word is ridiculous... people need to just drop it completely *like that will ever happen*

Some people don't get it, how can you call a black woman hypersensative over the use of the word? It means different things to different people, but how would she as a white woman know if its appropriate? Who cares how many times they "say it on hbo" or in a rap song, by only using those examples she stereotyped the caller.

How ignorant

Some people don't get it, how can you call a black woman hypersensative over the use of the word? It means different things to different people, but how would she as a white woman know if its appropriate? Who cares how many times they "say it on hbo" or in a rap song, by only using those examples she stereotyped the caller.

How ignorant

Yea...she's a prick & went IN...
& to call that woman overly sensitive was extra...
I'd take offense if I was in a relationship w/a white woman & EVERY TIME her friends come over they saying "black ppl this" or "black ppl that"
I personally have thick skin, but to constantly say it???
Anyway....I digress

The "Doc" wasn't professional @ all...
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

She labeled the caller as sensitive off the back
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

& saying that black comedians say it all the time has nothing to do w/what she was discussing...
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

& what was that "black ppl voted for Obama cuz he's 1/2 black" have to do w/anything?
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

some racist prolly DIDN'T vote for him b/c he's 1/2 black
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

smh.gif

Yea...she's a prick & went IN...
& to call that woman overly sensitive was extra...
I'd take offense if I was in a relationship w/a white woman & EVERY TIME her friends come over they saying "black ppl this" or "black ppl that"
I personally have thick skin, but to constantly say it???
Anyway....I digress

The "Doc" wasn't professional @ all...
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

She labeled the caller as sensitive off the back
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

& saying that black comedians say it all the time has nothing to do w/what she was discussing...
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

& what was that "black ppl voted for Obama cuz he's 1/2 black" have to do w/anything?
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

some racist prolly DIDN'T vote for him b/c he's 1/2 black
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

smh.gif

I don't think Dr. Laura even heard the womens question because she didn't even attempt to answer. I hate generalizing statements like the caller said her neighbor said. She should of said so do your people still like to rape and pillage.

I don't think Dr. Laura even heard the womens question because she didn't even attempt to answer. I hate generalizing statements like the caller said her neighbor said. She should of said so do your people still like to rape and pillage.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

She has a point. At this point it should be an all or nothing word. I'd support either; either we all say it or none say it at all.

Tired of (white) ppl apologizing (especially fake apologizing) for saying ++%@@ or being racist. Can't stop them from thinking it or thinking a certain way. Just gotta identify the ignorant and make a note of it.

Spoiler [+]
Denny Crane: The basket has made its way all around the table. Denny takes a roll. So Turnip, tell me,
what do little black kids like to eat?
There is a murmur of protest.
Shirley Schmidt: For God's sake! Denny.
Alan Shore: What do black kids like to eat?
Denny Crane: Well, I wanna know! Koreans like Korean. Greeks like Greek. Shirley lifts her eyes to heaven
as the protesting get louder.
Shirley Schmidt: I’ve had it with you two.
Melvin Palmer: Feisty bunch!
Denny Crane: Racist?
Alan Shore: Yes, racist. This is a holiday. Please let's not extend the systemic racism of the firm to the dining
room table.
Carl is taken aback. As are others.
Shirley Schmidt: What systemic racism of the firm?
Alan Shore: Oh! Come on, Shirley!
Shirley Schmidt: No I'd like to hear this.
Alan Shore: Well, look around the table. Or the office! You see any black attorneys?
Shirley Schmidt: It doesn't mean we're racist!
Alan Shore: Right.
Denny Crane: Did you ever think for one second that maybe black attorneys don't wanna work with us? Maybe
they wanna be with their own?
Alan Shore: Oh God.
Shirley Schmidt: Denny! Don't help me please.
Turnip Graves: Could you please pass the…?
Shirley Schmidt: No! We just had a black man elected president and you still think…?
Alan Shore: Oh please.
Shirley Schmidt: What "Oh, please."?
Alan Shore: Never mind.
Shirley Schmidt: No. Say it, I wanna hear this, Alan.
Carl Sack: I don't.
Edwin Poole: Neither do I.
Shirley Schmidt: I do. Say it, Alan. I wanna hear what you have to say.
Alan Shore: What? You really think we've turned the corner? Of a hundred senators one is black. One! And that's Barak Obama, come January there'll be none! Of fifty governors two are black and one of those is in New York by default because Elliot Spitzer got caught with his #++$@+. This country hardly seems willing to elect black leaders on a regular basis.
Carl Sack: But the people of this firm are. They voted overwhelmingly for Obama.
Alan Shore: How do you know what the hell went on in the privacy of all those voting booths?
Shirley Schmidt: Get out of this house!
Alan Shore: I haven't even eaten yet!
Shirley Schmidt: I don't care!
Carl Sack: 'Ho, 'ho, ho. Let's just slow down.
Shirley Schmidt: You will not say things like that…
Alan Shore: What did I say?
Shirley doesn't answer.
Jerry Espenson: Maybe since Barak Obama
was just elected we could celebrate the
progress that blacks have made in this
country, instead of…

Alan Shore: Celebrate? In America black
people are incarcerated almost six times the
rate of white people.
Turnip here seems
already to be well on his way.
Turnip Graves: Hey!
Alan Shore: Blacks have double the
unemployment rate of whites and have for
over forty years. Whether it's that or the
government's underwhelming response to
AIDS among blacks, or racial profiling, the
black community continues to get screwed.

Denny Crane: Alan!

Alan Shore: Let's not even discuss funding for public schools of black neighborhoods. Or the Supreme Court eviscerating Brown versus the Board of Education. We've got that Republican Congressman Lynn Westmoreland from Georgia who referred to Obama as “uppity

laugh.gif
roll.gif

She has a point. At this point it should be an all or nothing word. I'd support either; either we all say it or none say it at all.

Tired of (white) ppl apologizing (especially fake apologizing) for saying ++%@@ or being racist. Can't stop them from thinking it or thinking a certain way. Just gotta identify the ignorant and make a note of it.

Spoiler [+]
Denny Crane: The basket has made its way all around the table. Denny takes a roll. So Turnip, tell me,
what do little black kids like to eat?
There is a murmur of protest.
Shirley Schmidt: For God's sake! Denny.
Alan Shore: What do black kids like to eat?
Denny Crane: Well, I wanna know! Koreans like Korean. Greeks like Greek. Shirley lifts her eyes to heaven
as the protesting get louder.
Shirley Schmidt: I’ve had it with you two.
Melvin Palmer: Feisty bunch!
Denny Crane: Racist?
Alan Shore: Yes, racist. This is a holiday. Please let's not extend the systemic racism of the firm to the dining
room table.
Carl is taken aback. As are others.
Shirley Schmidt: What systemic racism of the firm?
Alan Shore: Oh! Come on, Shirley!
Shirley Schmidt: No I'd like to hear this.
Alan Shore: Well, look around the table. Or the office! You see any black attorneys?
Shirley Schmidt: It doesn't mean we're racist!
Alan Shore: Right.
Denny Crane: Did you ever think for one second that maybe black attorneys don't wanna work with us? Maybe
they wanna be with their own?
Alan Shore: Oh God.
Shirley Schmidt: Denny! Don't help me please.
Turnip Graves: Could you please pass the…?
Shirley Schmidt: No! We just had a black man elected president and you still think…?
Alan Shore: Oh please.
Shirley Schmidt: What "Oh, please."?
Alan Shore: Never mind.
Shirley Schmidt: No. Say it, I wanna hear this, Alan.
Carl Sack: I don't.
Edwin Poole: Neither do I.
Shirley Schmidt: I do. Say it, Alan. I wanna hear what you have to say.
Alan Shore: What? You really think we've turned the corner? Of a hundred senators one is black. One! And that's Barak Obama, come January there'll be none! Of fifty governors two are black and one of those is in New York by default because Elliot Spitzer got caught with his #++$@+. This country hardly seems willing to elect black leaders on a regular basis.
Carl Sack: But the people of this firm are. They voted overwhelmingly for Obama.
Alan Shore: How do you know what the hell went on in the privacy of all those voting booths?
Shirley Schmidt: Get out of this house!
Alan Shore: I haven't even eaten yet!
Shirley Schmidt: I don't care!
Carl Sack: 'Ho, 'ho, ho. Let's just slow down.
Shirley Schmidt: You will not say things like that…
Alan Shore: What did I say?
Shirley doesn't answer.
Jerry Espenson: Maybe since Barak Obama
was just elected we could celebrate the
progress that blacks have made in this
country, instead of…

Alan Shore: Celebrate? In America black
people are incarcerated almost six times the
rate of white people.
Turnip here seems
already to be well on his way.
Turnip Graves: Hey!
Alan Shore: Blacks have double the
unemployment rate of whites and have for
over forty years. Whether it's that or the
government's underwhelming response to
AIDS among blacks, or racial profiling, the
black community continues to get screwed.

Denny Crane: Alan!

Alan Shore: Let's not even discuss funding for public schools of black neighborhoods. Or the Supreme Court eviscerating Brown versus the Board of Education. We've got that Republican Congressman Lynn Westmoreland from Georgia who referred to Obama as “uppity

Racist *+**%....

You don't get to walk it back... At all.... If it was said once to make that point then maybe (I still don't think it'd be ok) but she said it a handful of times in a pretty hurtful"banter... You can't drop the N word like that as you are calling someone sensitive.

And this Barack Obama voting thing is pissing me off... Are there any white people who voted for John McCain or any republican in the past 60 years off the basis of their whiteness and their positions (past & present) on the basis of race and the assumption they will be more fair to white people.. Does she not see the hateful rhetoric all over this country akin to 1960 (minus the dogs & violence)... And if black people will just vote for any black person, why did they not vote for Cynthia McKinney in 2008.. She was 100% black.... Black people didn't full on support Al Sharpton in 04 (only time he did well was when John Kerry & John Edwards were not even in the primary in D.C.).. Jesse Jackson got 3/4 of the black vote in '84 and in '88 he got 92% but that also came with his white vote tripling... Black people tend to vote democratic... Reason because at least with democrats they are not called lazy welfare queens who don't care about education or human life..

She has no historical context... She has no common sense... And has no grasp of the subject of race at all..

She is trying to equate White Anger to Black Anger like it is a math equation and it is an equation from two different principles of math.   

Back
Top Bottom