Talk show host Dr. Laura Schlessinger uses the N-Word.

Yes jetpac, I can, they can't. They had their chance to use it and they did, but in the most filthy way imaginable. Don't try to be cute, ER or A.

Yes jetpac, I can, they can't. They had their chance to use it and they did, but in the most filthy way imaginable. Don't try to be cute, ER or A.

Geeze. Everytime I turn it on CNN they are talking about something regarding race.

Geeze. Everytime I turn it on CNN they are talking about something regarding race.

Originally Posted by Manglor

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

And the reason why we can use it and not you is because we've heard your race put so much hate and disrespect to the word that's it just down right offensive anytime we hear it come out your mouth. Blame your ancestors for the rules in place today.
laugh.gif

You can use it but they can't?

The RULES in place today?

Ever consider that maybe the fact you use it makes other people want to use it?

Maybe teaching by example might help?

Maybe if it wasn't in every other music video maybe if it wasn't shouted by kids at one another in every park i've ever played basketball in it wouldn't be such a popular word?

If i had a kid and i didn't want him dropping F-bombs all day i wouldn't do it myself while telling him he's not allowed to follow my example.

In my opinion if you don't use the word you have every right to be OUTRAGED when anyone else does.

If you use it yourself you shouldn't complain.

That being said tho i watched the clip and that woman is pretty damn racist and i hope she gets hit by a bus.

In the face.

This.

My friends call their white friends N all the time, but the ONE time one of them slipped and said it back (with an A), he was ready to fight dude he's been friends with since 5th grade.

Don't tell someone they can't do something because of the color of their skin, that's racism
wink.gif

I'm black and I say N ALL THE TIME by the way
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Manglor

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

And the reason why we can use it and not you is because we've heard your race put so much hate and disrespect to the word that's it just down right offensive anytime we hear it come out your mouth. Blame your ancestors for the rules in place today.
laugh.gif

You can use it but they can't?

The RULES in place today?

Ever consider that maybe the fact you use it makes other people want to use it?

Maybe teaching by example might help?

Maybe if it wasn't in every other music video maybe if it wasn't shouted by kids at one another in every park i've ever played basketball in it wouldn't be such a popular word?

If i had a kid and i didn't want him dropping F-bombs all day i wouldn't do it myself while telling him he's not allowed to follow my example.

In my opinion if you don't use the word you have every right to be OUTRAGED when anyone else does.

If you use it yourself you shouldn't complain.

That being said tho i watched the clip and that woman is pretty damn racist and i hope she gets hit by a bus.

In the face.

This.

My friends call their white friends N all the time, but the ONE time one of them slipped and said it back (with an A), he was ready to fight dude he's been friends with since 5th grade.

Don't tell someone they can't do something because of the color of their skin, that's racism
wink.gif

I'm black and I say N ALL THE TIME by the way
grin.gif

No there aren't words that should be governed or used by just one group or another. That whole notion is simply ridiculous and unrealistic. It's the intent and message behind that word or thought (whether or not the actual word is mentioned) that counts.

I think that this lady's use of the N word should take a back seat considering the position of her argument. The thing is, she would've totally gotten away with her just-as-racist rant had she not used that specific word. Everyone's just prefers to focus on her use of the N word instead of everything else she said because it triggers people on an emotional level.

I mean this lady is vile to begin with, not just because she happened to say this one word on the air.

No there aren't words that should be governed or used by just one group or another. That whole notion is simply ridiculous and unrealistic. It's the intent and message behind that word or thought (whether or not the actual word is mentioned) that counts.

I think that this lady's use of the N word should take a back seat considering the position of her argument. The thing is, she would've totally gotten away with her just-as-racist rant had she not used that specific word. Everyone's just prefers to focus on her use of the N word instead of everything else she said because it triggers people on an emotional level.

I mean this lady is vile to begin with, not just because she happened to say this one word on the air.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Laura Schlessinger's sentiments are those of MANY in the US. Go down any street in NYC, and what do you hear people saying (regardless of race)?? N-words being dropped left and right like it's nothing. U got asian dudes on this site who use that word in their regular vocab...u got PR/DR/White folks who use that word in their regular vocab. It is what it is. There's ignorance all around by blacks, whites, etc who use this word as a term of endearment amongst other things.

*and that caller should tell her husband to get a $%!++*% backbone and stand up for her.  I mean damn....
smh.gif

This is the damn truth. I see so many non-black, non-white people using this term in NYC.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Laura Schlessinger's sentiments are those of MANY in the US. Go down any street in NYC, and what do you hear people saying (regardless of race)?? N-words being dropped left and right like it's nothing. U got asian dudes on this site who use that word in their regular vocab...u got PR/DR/White folks who use that word in their regular vocab. It is what it is. There's ignorance all around by blacks, whites, etc who use this word as a term of endearment amongst other things.

*and that caller should tell her husband to get a $%!++*% backbone and stand up for her.  I mean damn....
smh.gif

This is the damn truth. I see so many non-black, non-white people using this term in NYC.

the other day one of my co workers of non aa decent said the n word around me he was rapping a song and once he realized he said it he paused and looked at me I just smh

the other day one of my co workers of non aa decent said the n word around me he was rapping a song and once he realized he said it he paused and looked at me I just smh

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

OK, but his only fault was feeling uncomfortable when he rapped whatever stupid song he rapped.

I mean, those weren't his own words and he surely wasn't rapping the song to offend you. If you're gonna get upset with your coworker, you should get even more upset with the person who made that song.

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

OK, but his only fault was feeling uncomfortable when he rapped whatever stupid song he rapped.

I mean, those weren't his own words and he surely wasn't rapping the song to offend you. If you're gonna get upset with your coworker, you should get even more upset with the person who made that song.

that word should be banned and nobody should be able to spew that garbage from their mouth. It was a harmful word back in the days and now it just further divides our communities. I'm half black & half-white and don't use the word.

that word should be banned and nobody should be able to spew that garbage from their mouth. It was a harmful word back in the days and now it just further divides our communities. I'm half black & half-white and don't use the word.

I can't believe no one asked her if she used the "flipped" version.
Easier said than done, since it has become a very common word in pop culture.  It doesn't even have the same meaning anymore.  I've seen people of every background use that word at one point, and not once was it used in a derogatory way.  It was always the all too common, brotherly bond "flipped" version.

Back
Top Bottom