Taxi 12's - December '13

The difference?

Not sure if srs.

New basketball shoes aren't using 15+ year old technology.
15+ old tech, LoL. And what's the "new" tech, the gimmicky fuse, wire, vectech and what not plastic nonsense they put out there just to cut the cost of the shoes. 

The only new invention that makes sense is Lunarlon, and not a lot of Basketball kicks have it. 

Last edited:
I have 7 pairs of retro 12's and ball in all of them.
Out of all the kicks in my collection be it new nike or retro jays/nikes they are right up there in terms of comfort.

Young and healthy feet can play in Chuck Taylors and do just fine. I'd need NASA to design me some sneaks if I tried to play ball again...
Lol at NASA ... idk if anyone can play in chucks im not sure how they did back in the day. Traction on those is horrific and well as no cushion in the sole

Honestly, if I were to ball in any retro jays it would be 12s. They're tanks.

But, once I've balled in 2011 hyperdunks, Kobe 5s, and now that they retroed the 2k4, there's no point in me paying a premium on shoes just to beat up

Last edited:
17s were good. 18s and 19 SE are arguably the best performing of all time

All I really need is zoom air with a good grip and I'm set.

Yea i get you i always try to get the cheap stuff for ball

Honestly, if I were to ball in any retro jays it would be 12s. They're tanks.

But, once I've balled in 2011 hyperdunks, Kobe 5s, and now that they retroed the 2k4, there's no point in me paying a premium on shoes just to beat up
 The difference?

Not sure if srs.

New basketball shoes aren't using 15+ year old technology.
15+ old tech, LoL. And what's the "new" tech, the gimmicky fuse, wire, vectech and what not plastic nonsense they put out there just to cut the cost of the shoes. 
The only new invention that makes sense is Lunarlon, and not a lot of Basketball kicks have it. 

The new tech thats out is useful, not all of it is to cut cost alone. Fuse and flywire do seem a cheap way to reduce cost but they really come through.

I for one kinda really like caged zoom

Last edited:
Just by looking at the recent pics, the leather looks exactly like the CDP's. 

Might grab these so I can start wearing the CDP's more often. Remember having these sophomore year in H.S.

Leather looking good...Haven't had a pair of XII's since the OG's so this is looking like a cop for me...I always wait until almost the last minute then decide on copping :smh:...

With any luck after these along with the Infrared VI's (Black ~ White), Concord Lows, and the possible Columbia's next year will put me directly into retirement...

Bad news homie...if you're rocking '04 Taxis...they're fake.
my bad i dont remember they year, 06? anyways u know what i meant and i thought they did have double stacked, if not they are still way more comfy than these new releases is what i meant.

BTW good to see the NT police still bustin balls for no reason

my bad i dont remember they year, 06? anyways u know what i meant and i thought they did have double stacked, if not they are still way more comfy than these new releases is what i meant.

BTW good to see the NT police still bustin balls for no reason

Unless you're talking about the lows, the only time these have dropped were the OGs and CDPs.

I'd hardly call an informative observation "busting balls".

informative observation would be " hey those didnt release in that year only the lows and CDPs have" just like the response you gave, flat out stating that i must have fakes when obviously i was wrong (btw i have the lows which is why i thought they released along side the playoffs etc) why cant NT be informative instead of people looking for thumbs up or being a smart a#% instead of just being helpful, too much to ask with this site i see

When I balled in a few pair of XII's the lace loop thing at the top would come out made no difference in plactic or metal. XII's and XIV's were my favorite J's for ball. Def looking forward to these, for casual wear tho.... Ballin in M9s now. Not a good looking shoe but man them joints feel good on feet.

No need to get butthurt over misinterpreted sarcasm bro.

Sorry if your feelings got hurt.
lol workaholics, im not butt hurt its just that in most of these threads most are quick to say something funny or ridiculous rather than helpful, yeah i messed up the date and thought wrong but we all knew where i was going, those 04?06? lows are mad cozy with the zoom and are worth it to me to buy in comfort for a low than otherwise for a mid

All this talk about old tech is rediculous. Zoom Air was used then and is still used now so I'm not sure why some think its old tech when its still being used today. Even the XX8's use bottom loaded zoom.

All this talk about old tech is rediculous. Zoom Air was used then and is still used now so I'm not sure why some think its old tech when its still being used today. Even the XX8's use bottom loaded zoom.

You forgot some other factors

weight
breathability
support
traction

The XII is a very heavy sneaker compared to modern basketball sneakers. The OG's were uncomfortable and not responsive with zoom.

weight
breathability
support
traction

The XII is a very heavy sneaker compared to modern basketball sneakers. The OG's were uncomfortable and not responsive with zoom.
you know i meant to ask someone at some point about this but whic OG XIIs had zoom and which didnt?

All OG Xll's have full length zoom. 

weight
breathability
support
traction
You can check nightwing's performance review on the Xll's, its not bad at all, especially for support, traction, and comfort. Btw the carbon fiber plate is the best for support, a lot of new and "high tech" current sneakers are cheeping out on that (even THE BEST SHOE EVAH :smile: 

weight
breathability
support
traction

I'm one of the older members here so I'm used to playing in leather shoes. Weight is not a factor since I'm not from this new generation who loves synthetics. Breathability doesn't factor in at all since I'm used to 90's shoes that didn't offer that as an option like today. Support, well the XII's are very supportive and the carbon fiber shank adds great support. And traction is very good on the XII's. And yes I played in college in the OG's and they were very comfortable and responsive with zoom air.

Back
Top Bottom