Taxi 12's - December '13

They arent new though. Ive worn them a good 15-20x, they were my go-to pair for a good bit even during the winter when it snows. The midsole does get dirty occasionally but I just clean them after Im done wearing them that day that it does encounter some dirt. Other than that just put em back in the box. Guess we'll see eventually. 

I just need playoffs, I missed out last year and missed the FNL restock earlier this year >:

I wish I had that same kind of luck. I have the Playoffs and love them. They feel so damn comfortable, but the midsole is a pain to keep clean. The more I clean it, the more it gets stained. I still wear them all the time though.

Jason Markk, get some, use it after each wear if you need to. The stuff works. My Obsidians and Playoffs still look brand spanking new.

now the rising sun's are a different beast. I was able to keep them clean for a while but now they have that over time look with the yellowing and theres no cleaning the upper really. theyre still rather clean and nice but they definitely are getting a vintage look to them. 

When i post a pic of them i just use a filter 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
They won't ever look that clean again. Once they get dirty, it's a wrap.
This is my main problem with XIIs, particularly the Playoffs and Obsidians where the top is a dark color and bottom is white. No matter how good you try to take care of them, that white part will make the shoe look beat really fast. It'll be easier to maintain on the Taxis where the bottom part is black.

This is my main problem with XIIs, particularly the Playoffs and Obsidians where the top is a dark color and bottom is white. No matter how good you try to take care of them, that white part will make the shoe look beat really fast. It'll be easier to maintain on the Taxis where the bottom part is black.
i have his sneaker cleaner that you spray on the sneaker n you use the scrubber part to clean it. it works pretty good it deff cleans the white.

Sitting this release out. Best of luck to those that are planning on copping this holiday.

Playoff's > Taxi's
IMO

^cant go wrong with either..its just i have to clean my playoff's soles way more than my taxis

I do like playoffs better than taxis but the taxis are the pair you can wear more often and keep in good condition. I've seen beat playoffs after just a couple wears

I do like playoffs better than taxis but the taxis are the pair you can wear more often and keep in good condition. I've seen beat playoffs after just a couple wears
Agreed with this. Also more versatile in wardrobe IMO. Neutral colors make up most of taxis, and playoffs too but the playoffs have that bit of red. That kinda limits my choices what to wear. That doesn't really work for me since my style is subtle matching

The black sole on the taxis vs the white sole of the playoffs is like the red sole of the bred XI vs the icy sole of the concords. Concords and playoffs look better out of the box IMO, but the taxis and bred stand the test of time better.

The black sole on the taxis vs the white sole of the playoffs is like the red sole of the bred XI vs the icy sole of the concords. Concords and playoffs look better out of the box IMO, but the taxis and bred stand the test of time better.

lol at first i was like wtf is this dude talking about but by the time i got to the end i was like oh ok yeah he has a point hahahaha

Good post

lol at first i was like wtf is this dude talking about but by the time i got to the end i was like oh ok yeah he has a point hahahaha

Good post

:lol:

Agreed. The more I clean them, they get stained. The taxi's are okay to me, but I prefer the lows

Hope the midsoles are not just painted over white phylon. The ogs are completely made of black phylon. But the i see some 12 cdp owners where cracks were visible. and the glossy painted plastic lace loops are lame. Make them at least like the 2003 retros where the paint was dull and the shape quite close to the metal ones on the ogs.

Back
Top Bottom