The 2009 US Open - Grand Slam Tennis

Originally Posted by Proshares

I was chanting USA silently to myself in my room
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I was chanting USA everytime Melanie did something great.

So after spending a day and a night at the Open, I've officially decided to go every year from now on. Everyone that worked there was ridiculously nice,and everyone there was happy. It was like spending the weekend at Disney Land. I saw the Soderling/Querrey match and the Kuznetsova/Peer match in theGrandstand, sitting crazy close. There was a bunch of weird tennis frat boys bro-ing out hard at the top of the bleachers with S-A-M written on their chestsscreaming the whole Querrey match. I can't imagine getting that excited about him, but they were really freaking out. Doing the arm lock, accompanied by afrat house groupie $*$% and everything. Soderling is better to see in person. When they showed the results of the Oudin/Sharapova match on the screen the crowdwent crazy. Sharapova's has long been my favorite women's player, but if she had to lose I'm glad it was to a 17 year old who got to play on thebiggest stage. The Kuznetsova match was fun too. If Peer couldn't win in Queens in front of a hundred screaming Israelis she will never win. I was glad tosee Kuznetsova up close. I used to hate her because she reminded me of one of those Russian roided out '80s Olympians, sort of a female Ivan Drago, butshe's actually a lot more fun than she seems. She loves kicking the balls to the ball boys and batting balls arbitrarily around on her racket. I don'tcare what she's listed at, she's tiny. Last night I saw the Zvonareva/Pennetta match and the Murray/Dent. We were pretty high up, and despite the factthat it was freezing, we had a great time. I didn't know what to expect, if it would be hard to follow from so high up, but it didn't look small atall. It wasn't like being in the nose bleeds of a basketball game. Everyone should try to get out there one day, it's a lot of fun despite being inQueens.

I would love to see Isner play Djokovic in the next round and let the crowd drive him bananas.

Wozniacki looks pretty good
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Womens tennis has stepped up pretty good as far as looks go....Still none of em can't serve for +#+% tho
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Nadal vs Monfils tomorrow. Gonna be a sick game. I see Monfils taking it. Rafa is not 100%

Don't you think Monfils plays too defensive for Nadal?

I hear what you're saying. I agree I guess, but Monfils seems more athletic & stronger at this point imo. He's been winning these games kind ofunder the radar.

Nadal vs Monfils tomorrow. Gonna be a sick game. I see Monfils taking it. Rafa is not 100%

I'm excited. I'm hoping Nadal wins, but I'm stoked for the match nevertheless. Should be a good one to watch
pimp.gif

I hear what you're saying. I agree I guess, but Monfils seems more athletic & stronger at this point imo. He's been winning these games kind of under the radar.

QFT

The thing that always concerns me about Monfils is that he has a really good forehand but he's just content being a counter puncher.

Originally Posted by aepps20

Kuzzy self destructed. No excuse for what I saw out there.

Catching the replay�of this match right now (watching it for the first time)... I am quite�surprised at�Kuz's shots... mindboggling shot selection...�Shehas the ability to make amazing shots, its her shot selection thats so poor.�
smh.gif

And when was the last time there weren't any Russian ladies in the quarters of a�grand slam???

laugh.gif
�This was great... and for those wondering, Mac's wearing the ZoomTennis Trainer's...
5a057c27f08c745a2ce8bcb9d4dcbc2b-getty-tennis-us_open-djokovic-mcenroe.jpg
capt.8275d86f3bed411a82724648c86a1d96.us_open_tennis_uso325.jpg

������

^They were showing a stat that the last time was the 02 French.

And I'm not as sold on Monfils as some of you are. I can see Rafa taking care of him pretty handily, even with his abdominal injury. I don't see him asa great player who could beat the top players consistently. That's just me though *shrugs*

Kuzzy has all the ability in the world but SinnerP is 100% correct on her shot selection. I don't have a problem with Caroline, but I don't like itwhen a player can win a 3 set match with only 9 winners.

Geez... Murray had 3-set points on Cilic's serve, up love-40... instead, Cilic holds, breaks Murray and is now serving for the 1st set...
smh.gif

Cilic is definitely hitting the ball very well and making Murray earn the points...

Damn, Murray has nothing on Cilic...

Lets just hope this isn't a one-off for Cilic and that he'll be able to bring this game to Del Potro when they meet in the quarters...

Back
Top Bottom