The 2009 US Open - Grand Slam Tennis

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

ayo some dude just tried to kiss Nadal
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
Which NT'er was that?
nerd.gif

Nadal is strong and fit as hell. Had Monfils running all game long.

I'm not gonna predict anything anymore since I've been wrong about 90% of the time. lol

Soo glad Rafa is back.

Monfils just wasn't mentally strong. All that hyping himself up was for naught. You're playing against one of the premier players in the world. Whatelse you need to get hype about. Not to mention it drained so much energy out of him, which was evident in the last two sets.

C'est la vie.

I didn't catch the rafa match... I'll watch the replay of it later, but were there any issues with his ab strain?

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Soo glad Rafa is back.
Word... Rafa is like Tiger for me... I'd probably watch some anyways, but I ain't missing a second if he's on the court...

Originally Posted by SinnerP

I didn't catch the rafa match... I'll watch the replay of it later, but were there any issues with his ab strain?
If there were, he didn't show any signs of it.

He was on from the word go.

Watching the replay of the Rafa/Monfils match... just got done with the 1st set... firepower!

EDIT ~ 3rd set and Monfils is running on fumes... Lol, I'm so late.

Also found this on Talk Tennis, which is pretty interesting...
Jimmy Connors is STILL wearing his ATC Lows! Does he have a secret stash or something!?

2009 ~ and for those wondering, Connors is using the Prince Mono racket, from the mid-90's...
capt.9f71bfbc955040d48c00249ff47e82f2.us_open_tennis_uso301.jpg

4rcjd0.jpg

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Soo glad Rafa is back.

Monfils just wasn't mentally strong. All that hyping himself up was for naught. You're playing against one of the premier players in the world. What else you need to get hype about. Not to mention it drained so much energy out of him, which was evident in the last two sets.

C'est la vie.

Same exact thing I was thinking while he was doing it.

You know, I just got done watching the Bryan brothers play Dlouhy/Paes (Paes is a BEAST in doubles) and I can't help but wonder why people don't likewatching doubles. Granted, the singles players are more popular, but doubles is so much more fun to watch. More smashes, crisp volleys, teamwork, more strategyand thought, precise shot making, etc...

I know networks won't air doubles for the same reason why they air a Serena match over a Tsonga/Gonzalez match, but watchers outta give doubles a chance.

Just a thought I had.

Anyhow I'm hoping Soderling gets revenge on Fed (wishful thinking), and Verdasco schools the Djoker today.

Good win from Rafa yesterday
pimp.gif

I forget who was playing but they showed the point of the day yesterday from the doubles match but it was insane back and forth!

Originally Posted by jville819

When is Novak playing

He's on after the Wickmayer/Bondarenko women's match, which just started like 5 minutes ago. So I'd say hes on in like 1.5 hours from now,depending on how long that match goes.

Originally Posted by Curious24

Everyone wants fed/RAF and that's what well gett

Yep. I'm calling Federer in 5. Nadal is my favorite, but Federer has been playing so strong the last few months. I'm not sure if that cortisone shotfor Rafa's stomach is going to keep him above water.

Damn Nadals gears are nice as with Federer.

Not a huge tennis fan, but love watching the grandslams around the 1/4 - semi time...!

If Wozniacki lets the crowd get involved she'll lose. With that said, she presents a different set of problems than any of Oudin's previous opponents.Caro isn't going to drop in 39 + Unforced errors so Oudin will have to be more aggressive but that may result in her dropping in 39+ unforced errors.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I hate the way Wozniacki plays.

QFT

She's a pusher and I can't stand that style of play. With that said, her style of play gives headaces to impatient players. The only way to beat apusher is you have to hit through them which is something Oudin doesn't seem to have the power to be able to do.

Back
Top Bottom