The 2009 US Open - Grand Slam Tennis

i question why people hate novak so much?
good sportsmanship, humorous...overall great young tennis player..

yea he can't handle the heat, but if his body can't handle it.. then its just the way it is.
no reason to hate on him

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

rog and fed about to go at it
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

?
laugh.gif

Novak got %%!$+% on that call.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Shuges ~ I know what you mean... some of those youtube comments are very
smh.gif

But thats the problem with the internet... no one's held accountable for the stuff they say... Some ignorant fool sits behind a computer screen and says whatever the #*$% they want simply because they can and theres nothing anyone can do about it. Unfortunately its nothing new...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

nadal got taken out

Man, it was painful to watch...
8f855827b24c3f8610b3d540832afd6a-getty-ten-us_open-nadal-del_potro.jpg

Incidentally, DP's been wearing the Cage II's all tournament, which is from Nike's Tennis line last season... the current model is the Court Ballistecs...
583a75a710d7a45014ae2262146ab5e3-getty-83372614md118_us_open_day_1.jpg

And for the football fans...
nerd.gif

790145fa5891e45dc13a79b5f1a28190-getty-83372614md105_us_open_day_1.jpg

Nike needs to step it up with the apparel next year. Almost everything from this year has been
sick.gif
design-wise.

Originally Posted by mjd77

Nike needs to step it up with the apparel next year. Almost everything from this year has been
sick.gif
design-wise.

That's usually the case. Great tech, nasty designs. Whereas Adidas is the opposite. Great designs, lame tech. Isolated incidents of success for both,but in general...

Originally Posted by What up

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

This is funny, let it have been Sharapova and everybody would of been complaining about the official making a bad call. Since it's a black female who yall would love to see fail and are upset she almost always excels now she's just a hood chick from Compton
laugh.gif
dudes is out of line but it's ok because we'll continue to see the Willams sisters in tennis championships for 5+ more yrs.

Serena is not getting blasted because of her race. She's getting blasted because of her character - or the lack thereof. If she was white, and had acted the same way, I'd still feel she crossed the line. The fact that you excuse her actions and dismiss warranted critisim because she is black is absolutely pathetic.
I didn't excuse anything of course she was wrong and she has to follow the rules that wasn't my point, I'm talking about theunnecessary comments as far as "she's from Compton" "her Compton side came out" all the animals remarks that we know came up because ofher race don't try to push it under the rug. No one said the way she reacted was ok but the derogatory comments are out of line

dudes frontin like if it was somebody else like Sharapova a whole bunch of "
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
Sharapova is sexy when she's angry
pimp.gif
" wouldn't of been seen

This is funny, let it have been Sharapova and everybody would of been complaining about the official making a bad call. Since it's a black female who yall would love to see fail and are upset she almost always excels now she's just a hood chick from Compton
laugh.gif
dudes is out of line but it's ok because we'll continue to see the Willams sisters in tennis championships for 5+ more yrs.

Serena is not getting blasted because of her race. She's getting blasted because of her character - or the lack thereof. If she was white, and had acted the same way, I'd still feel she crossed the line. The fact that you excuse her actions and dismiss warranted critisim because she is black is absolutely pathetic.
I didn't excuse anything of course she was wrong and she has to follow the rules that wasn't my point, I'm talking about the unnecessary comments as far as "she's from Compton" "her Compton side came out" all the animals remarks that we know came up because of her race don't try to push it under the rug. No one said the way she reacted was ok but the derogatory comments are out of line

dudes frontin like if it was somebody else like Sharapova a whole bunch of "
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
Sharapova is sexy when she's angry
pimp.gif
" wouldn't of been seen

How many of those comments you're complaining about do you think came from non-black people?

Originally Posted by SHUGES

I love Serena and I'll always be in her corner.

But I think this is really gonna hurt her.

You can't be on a grand stage like that and drop F bombs in a threatening manner towards any type of official.

She definitely lunched on that one.

It's also unfortunate that this is headed down the well-traveled race road.

White people throw out all sorts of insults (oh look, Serena went ape-****. Har, har. *wink, wink*), then get pissed when black people say "it's not funny" or "if it was *insert white athlete*, no one would be criticizing as harshly". It's like, how else do you want black people to respond to ignorant comments like that? Obviously, I'm not talking about all white people or all black people or even anyone specific in this thread.

And I'm also not necessarily going with the "well if she was white there wouldn't be an issue" excuse either.

But situations like this just reinforce that we will NEVER have racial equality. Just read some of the comments of that youtube clip and you'll know what I'm talking about.

I applaud Serena Williams for what she did.
I don't know if people are familiar with the women's tennis scene but they've been absolutely out to get the William's sisters ever since theystarted dominating their side of the sport. It's not only the fact that Americans are dominating the sport but that it's a Black American. I know thatpeople think the US is very racist but I'm not exaggerating when I say that Europe is multiples worse. Tennis is primarily a European spectator sport andthey hate the Williams sister. There comes a point where a person just needs to stand up for himself.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

You can't be on a grand stage like that and drop F bombs in a threatening manner towards any type of official.

White people throw out all sorts of insults (oh look, Serena went ape-****. Har, har. *wink, wink*), then get pissed when black people say "it's not funny" or "if it was *insert white athlete*, no one would be criticizing as harshly". It's like, how else do you want black people to respond to ignorant comments like that? Obviously, I'm not talking about all white people or all black people or even anyone specific in this thread.

And I'm also not necessarily going with the "well if she was white there wouldn't be an issue" excuse either.

But situations like this just reinforce that we will NEVER have racial equality. Just read some of the comments of that youtube clip and you'll know what I'm talking about.

I don't know if people are familiar with the women's tennis scene but they've been absolutely out to get the William's sisters every since they started dominating. It's not only the fact that Americans are dominating the sport but that it's a Black American. I know that people think the US is very racist but I'm not exaggerating when I say that Europe is multiples worse. Tennis is primarily a European spectator sport and they hate the Williams sister. There comes a point where a person just needs to stand up for himself.
While I don't disagree with that, I don't see a racism problem here. This is a US player in a US event with coverage primarily by USmedia, as viewed by the typical NTer (who also is likely to be in the US). As far as NT threads go, Serena is hardly being raked over the coals here. Themainstream media is hardly calling her a thug or hoodlum or anythign like that. As for the comments that seem to bother you guys, looking at the avatars,writing styles, etc, while impossible to know for sure, it seems like the majority of those comments are coming from black NTers. And often in jest (if not,and they are black, that's a whole 'nother issue). You guys seem to be pulling out the race card totally unnecessarily here. It's not the PCattitude, but when you cry wolf too many times, you can turn off otherwise sympathetic ears or even turn them against you.

Originally Posted by codex57

I don't know if people are familiar with the women's tennis scene but they've been absolutely out to get the William's sisters every since they started dominating. It's not only the fact that Americans are dominating the sport but that it's a Black American. I know that people think the US is very racist but I'm not exaggerating when I say that Europe is multiples worse. Tennis is primarily a European spectator sport and they hate the Williams sister. There comes a point where a person just needs to stand up for himself.
While I don't disagree with that, I don't see a racism problem here. This is a US player in a US event with coverage primarily by US media, as viewed by the typical NTer (who also is likely to be in the US). As far as NT threads go, Serena is hardly being raked over the coals here. The mainstream media is hardly calling her a thug or hoodlum or anythign like that. As for the comments that seem to bother you guys, looking at the avatars, writing styles, etc, while impossible to know for sure, it seems like the majority of those comments are coming from black NTers. And often in jest (if not, and they are black, that's a whole 'nother issue). You guys seem to be pulling out the race card totally unnecessarily here. It's not the PC attitude, but when you cry wolf too many times, you can turn off otherwise sympathetic ears or even turn them against you.
I wasn't commenting on what NT'ers were writing.

What I wrote is not really disputable. Whether the tourney is played in the US has no bearing. Tennis is primarily a European spectator sport nowadays. Theydon't like that the Williams sisters have been dominating "their" sport for a while now. The Williams sisters haven't been treated fairlyever since they started to climb to the top of the sport.

There is no race card to be pulled out. This is reality. This isn't even a secret. Go to Europe and ask what they think of the Williams sisters being ontop of women's tennis. The Tennis establishment shaft the sister's at every opportunity because they don't fit their profile of what female tennischampions should be.

What you wrote is your opinion. Your opinion is not set in stone - sorry to break it to you. Therefore what you wrote is disputable. Go preach your conspiracytheories elsewhere.

What you wrote is your opinion. Your opinion is not set in stone - sorry to break it to you. Therefore what you wrote is disputable. Go preach your conspiracy theories elsewhere.

Everything is an opinion to a certain extent. The "Sky is blue" is an opinion to a color blind person. No?
wink.gif

What are you exactly disputing? That Europe isn't racist? That they like the Williams sisters dominating "their" sport? That the Tennisestablishment has been fair to the sisters since their rise to the top?

I'm White btw. I have posted in other threads disputing calls of racism.
In cases where there actually is racism I have no problem pointing it out.

It's idiotic to think that all of Europe would be a fan of the Williams sisters. There are French, Italian, Swiss, Belgian, Polish, Russian, Czech, etcplayers on the tour. And I'm sure after Serena's outburst, she'll lose some fans here in the states. Again, not because of her race or the factthat shes dominating the sport. It's because not many peoeple want to root for unclassy individuals.

LOL.What does racism in Europe have to do with Serena Williams threatening a US Open line judge with physical harm after not having a call go in her favor?

You sound like a fool and only serve to give legitimacy to other trolls who exercise their abilities to use racism as the end all be all to every argument.

"Oh it must be racist therefore she is absolved of all responsibility for her outrageous behavior." Get outta here.

It's idiotic to think that all of Europe would be a fan of the Williams sisters. There are French, Italian, Swiss, Belgian, Polish, Russian, Czech, etc players on the tour. And I'm sure after Serena's outburst, she'll lose some fans here in the states. Again, not because of her race or the fact that shes dominating the sport. It's because not many peoeple want to root for unclassy individuals.

Who mentioned wanting all of Europe being fans? There is such a thing as being neutral and simply giving credit where it is due.
Not only is Europe not a fan of the Williams sister (which is completely fine) but they dislike them not because they're "unclassy" but becausethey're Black Americans who dominate what they see as their sport.

It's not disputable. This isn't even a secret amongst the public in Europe. It is among the media because most are scared to bring it up.

Continue living in lala land.

Right back at you.

P.S. To continually say something is not disputable doesn't make it so. I just realize you're not worth my time.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

LOL.What does racism in Europe have to do with Serena Williams threatening a US Open line judge with physical harm after not having a call go in her favor?

You sound like a fool and only serve to give legitimacy to other trolls who exercise their abilities to use racism as the end all be all to every argument.

"Oh it must be racist therefore she is absolved of all responsibility for her outrageous behavior." Get outta here.

It has somethign to do with it because it might explain why Serena Williams was so angry. Just maybe. You know, things build up when you know you're being%%$#%% over again and again while lesser talent is always given the benefit of the doubt and treated better than you are.

This has nothing to do with excusing what she did. You choose top focus on the outburst. I choose to focus on what may be the reason for the outburst. Idk. Idon't think Serena Williams did it for $%!+@ and giggles. There probably was more to it than that single incident. You know .Proabaly.
laugh.gif

Right back at you.

P.S. To continually say something is not disputable doesn't make it so. I just realize you're not worth my time.

What are you exactly disputing? That Europe isn't racist? That they like the Williams sisters dominating "their" sport? That the Tennis establishment has been fair to the sisters since their rise to the top?

I'm still waiting as to what exactly it is you are disputing.

Ciontinually saying that somethign is disputable doesn't make it so. Right back at ya, right?
laugh.gif

What the hell does Europe being racist have to do with anything? Yea, Europe is racist, as is every single country on this planet.

Please explain how the tennis establishment has been unfair to the Williams sisters, I'm dying to know.

Originally Posted by jumpmantwenty3

What the hell does Europe being racist have to do with anything? Yea, Europe is racist, as is every single country on this planet.

Please explain how the tennis establishment has been unfair to the Williams sisters, I'm dying to know.
Maybe because Tennis is primarily a European spectator sport and that is how sports make money; through their spectators. So it would stand toreason that those who control the sport would opt to accommodate and please their fan base? The tennis federation is in the business of making money (apartfrom seeking power that is important to certain individuals).

Do I really need to explain it? Look at the biggest picture of all. The sisters have been dominating the sport for years now. Does the establishment push themlike they would a European?

"Yes, Europe is racist. Just like everyone else." That's it that explains everything.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom