The 2015 NBA Draft Thread: Draft Day Is Here

Carmelo Privately Expresses 'Displeasure' With Knicks' Draft Night Moves
JUN 26, 2015 12:06 PM

Carmelo Anthony reportedly called Tim Hardaway Jr. following the New York Knicks' draft night trade of him to the Atlanta Hawks.

The Knicks traded Hardaway to the Hawks for the draft rights to Jerian Grant.

The Knicks also drafted Kristaps Porzingis with the fourth overall pick.

Anthony reportedly expressed "displeasure" with the draft night moves made by Phil Jackson. Anthony feels like the Knicks needed to acquire players who could help immediately.

"He said, 'we have to wait three years for this guy?'"
Melo has every right to feel that way. It's one thing if this was a weak draft, we were picking further in the lottery, or there just weren't players with high upside who can contribute right away, but that wasn't the case at 4. Winslow, Mudiay, WCS, Mario could've stepped in right away and made an impact for us while continuing to develop.

during the year there were lots of rumblings about his work ethic etc.

maybe thats all magically fixed.

I think he's a 3 and D guy, my problem with him is he seems to think he's star in the making.

Or maybe you're wrong? :lol:

Anyways...I saw this on RealGM. It's pretty interesting. Oubre's per40 output in comparison to Justise Winslow.

bf2r2o.png

Makes me feel confident about the pick. He's in a great situation where he doesn't have to contribute right away...but he has immense potential that should come through in another year or so.

I think it'll take Oubre more than a year, look at Otto and he was a better player coming in.

Or maybe you're wrong? :lol:

Anyways...I saw this on RealGM. It's pretty interesting. Oubre's per40 output in comparison to Justise Winslow.

bf2r2o.png

Makes me feel confident about the pick. He's in a great situation where he doesn't have to contribute right away...but he has immense potential that should come through in another year or so.

I mean he was a top recruit who didn't play a lot early and wasn't injured.

I can't think of any other reaosns taht would happen besides conflict with the coaching staff.

Oubre a pretty boy. The thots already caught on to his IG. Thirsting after that man [emoji]128514[/emoji]. That boy woulda wreaked havoc in Atl.

He's really just a kid that likes to shine a lil bit. He fades in and out of games sometimes. But the talent and work ethic is there. He just has to stay motivated.

Oubre a pretty boy. The thots already caught on to his IG. Thirsting after that man [emoji]128514[/emoji]. That boy woulda wreaked havoc in Atl.

He's really just a kid that likes to shine a lil bit. He fades in and out of games sometimes. But the talent and work ethic is there. He just has to stay motivated.
DC jus as bad as ATL lol...

Based on what exactly? His shoes, outfit last night, hair?
laugh.gif

His understanding of the game will come along, but from everything I've been reading, he seems to be a good kid (a bit arrogant) who works hard.
Understanding of the game isn't something that's guaranteed to come along. And I'm basing it off of him completely rubbing teams the wrong way in the draft interviews, him being in Bill Self's doghouse during the year. We'll see, he certainly has the potential, but we see Kelly Oubre types of wings get hype every single year. What makes him any different? 

He was being hyped as the best wing prospect in the draft potentially before the season, and now the expectations have been tempered to (hopefully) a 3 an D guy. 

DJs only caping because the Wiz got him, man. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
It's a shame what the Knicks have done to this Kris kid. :lol: Knicks fans gon kill him.

Even more reason why Melo shoulda left. You gotta wait 3 years just to see what he can be. Melo put himself in basketball hell for that bread.

Kris was already playing pro in the second best league in the world and holding his own as a skeleton teenager.

He can handle NYC, I think most people will be surprised how well he does.

Kris was already playing pro in the second best league in the world and holding his own as a skeleton teenager.

This. He was easily the best player with the highest potential at #4. He's going to flourish man.

Based on what exactly? His shoes, outfit last night, hair? :lol:

His understanding of the game will come along, but from everything I've been reading, he seems to be a good kid (a bit arrogant) who works hard.
Understanding of the game isn't something that's guaranteed to come along. And I'm basing it off of him completely rubbing teams the wrong way in the draft interviews, him being in Bill Self's doghouse during the year. We'll see, he certainly has the potential, but we see Kelly Oubre types of wings get hype every single year. What makes him any different? 

He was being hyped as the best wing prospect in the draft potentially before the season, and now the expectations have been tempered to (hopefully) a 3 an D guy. 

DJs only caping because the Wiz got him, man. :lol:

You keep moving the goalposts to fit your narrative :lol: Bad interviews now? What's next....you gonna say something about him using crest instead of aquafresh? Also, how is it caping if I don't see it as a bad pick? At 15 we got value, bruh. :lol:

I'm realistic...he's a project. Probably 2-3 years away from making a big impact. That's not even counting out that he might not pan out.

I don't even know what the argument is. A playoff team
Got a lottery talent for two future 2nd round picks. That's a win regardless of what you think about Oubre.

like i said last night, he might have the highest ceiling but he could also have the lowest floor

if Melo really wants out, fine. build a team the right way instead of this half *** rebuild stuff every 4 years

You keep moving the goalposts to fit your narrative
laugh.gif
Bad interviews now? What's next....you gonna say something about him using crest instead of aquafresh? Also, how is it caping if I don't see it as a bad pick? At 15 we got value, bruh.
laugh.gif

I'm realistic...he's a project. Probably 2-3 years away from making a big impact. That's not even counting out that he might not pan out.
Pointing to interviews, believing that he's a Jeremy Lamb type that doesn't really care about basketball, etc, is moving goalposts? I guess, man. 

Clearly he's a project, but guys were talking about him contributing this year 
laugh.gif
 I really didn't like the pick. Especially with Portis on the board and your aging bigs. I thought he was a kid who might end up sliding on draft night, but Wiz traded up to get him. Clearly, they believe. 

You keep moving the goalposts to fit your narrative :lol: Bad interviews now? What's next....you gonna say something about him using crest instead of aquafresh? Also, how is it caping if I don't see it as a bad pick? At 15 we got value, bruh. :lol:

Pointing to interviews, believing that he's a Jeremy Lamb type that doesn't really care about basketball, etc, is moving goalposts? I guess, man. 

Clearly he's a project, but guys were talking about him contributing this year :lol:  I really didn't like the pick. Especially with Portis on the board and your aging bigs. I thought he was a kid who might end up sliding on draft night, but Wiz traded up to get him. Clearly, they believe. 

Aware me of these bad interviews. Thanks.

Not buying the Krispy Kreme hype, especially not in NY with that dysfunctional franchise.

Maybe somewhere else but this is gonna be a rough ride IMO. Hopefully he works out, for knicks fans sake :lol:

Back
Top Bottom