The Best player NOT to win an NBA Championship...

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Agreed. Kidd shoulda won the MVP that '01-'02 season, too bad they gave it to Duncan 'cuz his dad died. Sympathy MVP
smh.gif

get the hell outta here with that bs. that mvp was duncan's. legit.

2001-2002 Statistics
Tim Duncan: 25.5 ppg 12.7 rpg 3.7 apg 0.7 spg 2.5 bpg
Jason Kidd: 14.7 ppg 7.3 rpg 9.9 apg 2.1 spg 0.2 bpg

Why Kidd deserved it more:
He took the cellar dweller of the East and took them from worst to first and all the way to the NBA Finals that year. Duncan on the other hand, dropped from1st in the West to 3rd (don't let the seedings fool you) and was eliminated from the playoffs in the 2nd round in 5 games to the Lakers.

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Originally Posted by indohan

Originally Posted by Ghenges

GORDON GARTRELLE wrote:

Charles Barkley. No contest. C'mon guys.

Yup. Stockton as runner up.

P.S.-- KG will never win a championship on a team where he is the best player. Hey may piggy back on a team when his career is coming to an end, but not while
he is the star.

In other words, KG will never win any Championship?
He'll be the best player in any team. He might be sharing the "best player" with Kobe Bryant if he plays for the Lakers...
But is that even possible? Salary cap, boy... Salary cap....

Don't start telling about 2003 draft players... None of them is qualified to be a Hall of Famer yet...
I've argued this too many times so I'm just going to keep it short. KG is a good 20-10-5 guy all day, everyday. He'll have the occasional big 30/20 game but since I've been watching him from him being a rookie to present, he doesn't give you "money points." Those are points when you need them the most. He is all around guy. Jack of all trades, master at none. He is definitely not last shot guy. And please, pretty please don't get emotional on me and play the "he's got heart" card, he's a warrior, he cares so much about the game blah blah blah...cuz you know what? He's been highest paid player like 8 out of the last 10 years and while you can measure his bank account, there is no real way to measure "heart" (screaming after a dunk does not count as heart, sorry).

But let's even break it down at the basketball level:

1.) He does not have (and probably will not ever develop at this stage of his career) a signature low post game. He just doesn't have the upper body strength to back guys down. His footwork is so-so. It's not something he is known for.

2.) He jumper is okay. Definitely not signature a'la TD's bank shot or Ewing's baseline fade-away. Like if the game was on the line you wouldn't expect him to to shoot a jumper to win it for you.

So I know people are going to hem and haw but I've heard it all before. I don't think KG is a bad player. I just don't think he is legend status.

I am 100% with you about the emotional part.. That is why I don't think Ewing deserves to win the Championship. Everyone knows how much he wants the ring.
He was one of the top centers during his time, but not the best..

KG:
1. He's all around player. He sure doesn't have any signature moves.. Maybe he's a bigger size version of Scottie Pippen, but with a less 3ptshooting accuracy.
He doesn't have a definite position. Not a center, not exactly a PF/SF as well. So he doesn't need the signature move to have the edge over people.
He's big, his has long arms. If anyone can block him, shows the person is very smart, or struck a jackpot.
He's the best all around player, because no one in the league plays as well as the way plays. The closest thing to KG now is the Matrix, IMO.
2. The only way that Tim Duncan is fit to be an Hall of Famer is because he's boring and all fundamental. No need to say further, he leads the dynasty withsome good supporting team mates.
3. Who supported KG in his team? He led his team to the playoffs, single handedly. He gets the MVP award for that. (Psstt, Kobe hasn't won it yet).

Barkley is the one who deserves the most..
He fought like a beast for a doubleU in every game. He was a good defender, making crucial block shots. He made last jumpers.
He hustle every possession as if it was in the 4th quarter in every game.
He moved to Suns for a ring, he didn't get it..
Just as he thought he could get one in Rockets, Mike came back with his 2nd 3peat.
His jersey is retired in 2 different teams, yet, no ring for him?
For Stockton, I really hate dirty players even though he was the assist king of all time in the league..

^^hold on that part about Ewing made 0 sense

PLEASE ellaborate, were you talking bout Pat or KG?

^^iight he edited and underlined that he wanted the ring, but than why did you say that is why he didnt deserve it that part in your post makes 0 sense, andthan you go on to talk about KG.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

^^iight he edited and underlined that he wanted the ring, but than why did you say that is why he didnt deserve it that part in your post makes 0 sense, and than you go on to talk about KG.

He's all about emotion. He was a warrior, bla bla bla. He didn't have what it takes to win the league. He sure had the great stats... But he was notthe best during his time.

I think he did, he just couldn't get past MJ...

The rockets series....John Starks, yeah...

^^man thats *%*@ right there. Pat had everything to win in the league. Fact is there was only 1 non-Jordan title in the 90s, and Pat led us to it. At the endof the day 1 of 2 great centers had to lose. We fought hard as hell, it came own to the very final game and at the end of the day Hakeem is who won. That doesnot make Hakeem this god figure while Ewing is a guy who never won in the league. I guess you can say that Hakeem had the better career, but its not like hedestroyed Ewing. Ewing was the toughest center in the 90s, he was a warrior, and wanted to win more than anybody, and to add on he had what it takes, butunfortunately so did Hakeem so Pat went home short. not to mention the numerous 7 game series with the Bulls, that no team was ever really able to make asclose than the Knicks did with Jordan also falling just short to the GOAT who also had a better supporting cast than Pat did.

Throw Pat an the 90s Knicks in the league today and they would absolutley *%*@ on teams.

^^I agree son.

What i meant by that was i cant really argue against someone saying that

But fact is the 94 finals was two of the GOAT centers who both had what it takes to win going at it, both hungry for their first ring. Unfourtunately for oneof them, only one was to win. They both had what it takes, the series went as long as it could, a grueling 7 game series, they both played great. But at theend of the day, Starks had an off night and the Rockets won game 7.

But like you refuse to say that Hakeem is better, i refuse to blame that series on Starks. He had an off night.

^^yeah i guess but it is agreed upon that we would not have been there without that dudes heart

I can understand you guys are from NY and defended NYK with all your heart..
But seriously.. You wanna name a warrior center? Pick David Robinson.
I'm not a fan of anything from Texas... I just have to admit that David Robinson is much better than Patrick Ewing.
Even David Robinson got trashed by Hakeem on his MVP year. It's everyone's dream to own a killer move like Hakeem's.
Of course, NY pride, you refuse to say that Hakeem is not better than Patrick Ewing..
How much have Patrick achieved to be the very best at his time?
If he's that good, he would be back to the NBA finals the next year instead of letting the young Penny-Shaq go.
Stockton-Malone did that... It shows they were that good. They were at the top of their game; they were at the top among west teams.
Stockton-Malone were just like Drexler, unlucky to share their time with Michael Jordan.
Fortunately for Drexler, he got his ring when Jordan retired.
I don't mean to mock or anything like that, but seriously, even Camby's stats was/is better than Ewing's...

Ewing? NONO, someone who got owned by the famous dunk of Pippen..

That is why I don't think Ewing deserves to win the Championship. Everyone knows how much he wants the ring.
The only way that Tim Duncan is fit to be an Hall of Famer is because he's boring and all fundamental. No need to say further, he leads the dynasty with some good supporting team mates.

He didn't have what it takes to win the league. He sure had the great stats... But he was not the best during his time.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Please just stop.

Originally Posted by indohan

I can understand you guys are from NY and defended NYK with all your heart..
But seriously.. You wanna name a warrior center? Pick David Robinson.
I'm not a fan of anything from Texas... I just have to admit that David Robinson is much better than Patrick Ewing.
Even David Robinson got trashed by Hakeem on his MVP year. It's everyone's dream to own a killer move like Hakeem's.
Of course, NY pride, you refuse to say that Hakeem is not better than Patrick Ewing..
How much have Patrick achieved to be the very best at his time?
If he's that good, he would be back to the NBA finals the next year instead of letting the young Penny-Shaq go.
Stockton-Malone did that... It shows they were that good. They were at the top of their game; they were at the top among west teams.
Stockton-Malone were just like Drexler, unlucky to share their time with Michael Jordan.
Fortunately for Drexler, he got his ring when Jordan retired.
I don't mean to mock or anything like that, but seriously, even Camby's stats was/is better than Ewing's...

Man *%!! that, where was Robinson and the Spurs come June in the NBA 90s?
Robinson could not even get his team that far in the west, the Knicks werebattling with the Bulls and maybe the GOAT teamyear in and out. The Bulls never won easy vs NY. I mean you can say sure he got a ring, but there is no doubtthat when he won his ring Tim Duncan was the centerpiece and we were without our franchise center (although he was on the dowwnfall, he still averaged 17, 10,and 2 blocks that year) Along as being our emotional leader.

Ewing>>>>>>>>>Robinson

^^if you read the rest of my post, i acknowleged that he won that ring. But the Knicks were also without Ewing in that finals series. And Tim duncan was thecenterpiece of that team.

But what i meant by 90s is that when Pat and Dave were both leading their respective teams in both their primes, Pat was the one who was leading the eliteteam. Yar in and out he was battiling in grueling 7 game series by one of the GOAT teams of all team in the Bulls who also had the GOAT on their team. TheBulls never won easy in NY. And when MJ was out Pat led us to the finals and yes he fell up short but to another great center in 7 games. When Robinson wasleading the Spurs in the 90s, he might have put up stats, but where were they in June? Even in the west, the Spurs never went anywhere... Fact is when theywere both leading teams, Ewing's team was elite, and the Spurs were not. Pat was better in their primes. Robinson has a ring, but so what he did not leadthat team, that is like saying that Zo is the best center of all time because he has a ring in one of his last years on a team led by D Wade and Shaq. I meanthe Admiral had a larger role with the 99 Spurs, but in the 90s when he was in his prime he couldnt get his team anywhere. Pat made the Knicks elite.

Pat>>>>>Admiral

Why Kidd deserved it more:
He took the cellar dweller of the East and took them from worst to first and all the way to the NBA Finals that year. Duncan on the other hand, dropped from 1st in the West to 3rd (don't let the seedings fool you) and was eliminated from the playoffs in the 2nd round in 5 games to the Lakers.
lest we forget, playoffs has no say in voting for season mvp.

my picks:

1. stockton
2. barkley
3. malone

oh, and Hakeem > David Robinson > Patrick Ewing

^^hold on that part about Ewing made 0 sense

PLEASE ellaborate, were you talking bout Pat or KG?
His entire post made no sense, don't just limit it to the Ewing comments. But keep in mind he's only 5 years old and it shows...

I loved David Robinson and Pat Ewing but dudes are trippin' if they don't think D-Rob and Hakeem didn't play with superior talent than Ewing did, and for that simple fact Ewing > Robinson and Olajuwon.

If Jordan doesn't exist (sadly he does) Ewing would have more rings than both of them...

I am 100% with you about the emotional part.. That is why I don't think Ewing deserves to win the Championship. Everyone knows how much he wants the ring.

KG:
1. He's all around player. He sure doesn't have any signature moves.. Maybe he's a bigger size version of Scottie Pippen, but with a less 3pt shooting accuracy.
2. The only way that Tim Duncan is fit to be an Hall of Famer is because he's boring and all fundamental. No need to say further, he leads the dynasty with some good supporting team mates.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom