The Best player NOT to win an NBA Championship...

Its stockton for sure(but im biased, i knew him personally, he bought me my first cleats,
laugh.gif
)
best pg ever

Agreed. Kidd shoulda won the MVP that '01-'02 season, too bad they gave it to Duncan 'cuz his dad died. Sympathy MVP
smh.gif

get the hell outta here with that bs. that mvp was duncan's. legit.

Originally Posted by nitzski

Ewing? NONO, someone who got owned by the famous dunk of Pippen..

Stockton? His stats shows that he's a hall of famer, but he's the dirtiest player of all time, maybe..

Mailman? A team mate of Stockton, doesn't deserve that as well..

Many has forgotten John Starks.. Even though I hate him..

What are you 5? These are some of the most ridiculuos "rationalizations" if they can even be called that, that I've ever heard. Niketalk should
implement some sort of test before one is allowed to post...

Yes, I'm 5 years old. But as far as I can remember, I think this thread is asking for opinions.
Too bad, you can't stop an opinion of a 5 years old, buddy.

Btw, that "test" you're referring to, it's already happening... IN Buy/Sell Lounge. I'm sure you know about it, just a friendlyreminder.

--Active: KG, Nash and A.I.
--KG will get one. Nash and A.I. probably most likely won't.

All-time: hard to pinpont just one. Go down the list of losing teams during the Bull's 2 3-peats and choose. (Playoff-wise and Finals wise) Those weregreat players. Not good enough to withstand the wraith of MJ though.

So many players could have won titles if it wasn't for MJ. Hakeem and Clyde we be on that list if MJ hadn't retired for 2 years.

Stockton
Malone
Ewing
Miller
Kemp
Barkley

93_barkley_dunk.jpg
My personal pick but you can't go wrong with any of these ones. Stockton, Malone,KG, Kidd, Iverson, Baylor are all arguable

Originally Posted by GORDON GARTRELLE

Charles Barkley. No contest. C'mon guys.

Yup. Stockton as runner up.

P.S.-- KG will never win a championship on a team where he is the best player. Hey may piggy back on a team when his career is coming to an end, but not whilehe is the star.

Originally Posted by Ghenges

GORDON GARTRELLE wrote:

P.S.-- KG will never win a championship on a team where he is the best player. Hey may piggy back on a team when his career is coming to an end, but not while
he is the star.

Care to elaborate?

GORDON GARTRELLE wrote:

P.S.-- KG will never win a championship on a team where he is the best player. Hey may piggy back on a team when his career is coming to an end, but not while
he is the star.

In other words, KG will never win any Championship?
He'll be the best player in any team. He might be sharing the "best player" with Kobe Bryant if he plays for the Lakers...
But is that even possible? Salary cap, boy... Salary cap....

Don't start telling about 2003 draft players... None of them is qualified to be a Hall of Famer yet...

Stockton? His stats shows that he's a hall of famer, but he's the dirtiest player of all time, maybe..
Many has forgotten John Starks.. Even though I hate him..
Come on.....I still blame Starks for Game 7, that combined with Matteau over the Devils I couldn't bear that year in sports.

Anyway, Ewing and Charles are the first that come to mind. Whenever I see him on the set with Kenny Smith or Magic I can't help but be reminded of Marinositting next to Sharpe or Tom Jackson next to Irvin and Smith and Key.

I agree with whoever said that Hakeem and Clyde would be near the top if Jordan had not retired.

Now: AI

Alltime...

Ewing

honorable mention:
46135904e944a093c23f10545535f43dba21d0d.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
****ng bum

EDIT:
Many has forgotten John Starks.. Even though I hate him...
I mean i love the appreciation for John Starks. That guy was truly a winned and had the most heart and desire out of anybody in NBA history, andyes he may be under appreciated and the Garden should DEFINITLEY hang up #3. John Starks is ma boi....

But to say that Ewing isnt #1 cause he got owned by Pippen once is absurd

Pat is/was/always wil be a WARRIOR. He has always played like that and he was the best Knick in team history. I mean if you are going to say that Pat aint #1cause he got dunked on once, you might as well say that Jordan aint the GOAT cause he got dunked on by John Starks.
ohwell.gif

Fact is Pat got slamed on, but who won at the end of the day. The Knicks won that series and when it came down to an MJ-less series with Bulls, Pat prevailedand took down Pippen and that probably more talented overall team. Pat is the best player not to win a ring, in my opinion its by a longshot. And also PLEASEdont blame Starks to our Houston loss, where the @@$+ would we have been throughout all the 90s without that guy's heart.

Originally Posted by indohan

GORDON GARTRELLE wrote:

he is the star.

In other words, KG will never win any Championship?
He'll be the best player in any team. He might be sharing the "best player" with Kobe Bryant if he plays for the Lakers...
But is that even possible? Salary cap, boy... Salary cap....

Don't start telling about 2003 draft players... None of them is qualified to be a Hall of Famer yet...

I've argued this too many times so I'm just going to keep it short. KG is a good 20-10-5 guy all day, everyday. He'll have the occasionalbig 30/20 game but since I've been watching him from him being a rookie to present, he doesn't give you "money points." Those are pointswhen you need them the most. He is all around guy. Jack of all trades, master at none. He is definitely not last shot guy. And please, pretty pleasedon't get emotional on me and play the "he's got heart" card, he's a warrior, he cares so much about the game blah blah blah...cuz youknow what? He's been highest paid player like 8 out of the last 10 years and while you can measure his bank account, there is no real way to measure"heart" (screaming after a dunk does not count as heart, sorry).

But let's even break it down at the basketball level:

1.) He does not have (and probably will not ever develop at this stage of his career) a signature low post game. He just doesn't have the upper bodystrength to back guys down. His footwork is so-so. It's not something he is known for.

2.) He jumper is okay. Definitely not signature a'la TD's bank shot or Ewing's baseline fade-away. Like if the game was on the line youwouldn't expect him to to shoot a jumper to win it for you.

So I know people are going to hem and haw but I've heard it all before. I don't think KG is a bad player. I just don't think he is legend status.

Back
Top Bottom