The College Basketball Post

Virginia men's basketball coach Tony Bennett has been named Henry Iba National Coach of the Year by the US Basketball Writers' Association

COY awards are almost always ridiculously awarded.

Frank Haith has a USBWA COY award... K, Pitino, Cal, Donovan don't.

COY awards are almost always ridiculously awarded.

Frank Haith has a USBWA COY award... K, Pitino, Cal, Donovan don't.
eyes.gif

what haith did that year at missouri in 2011-2012 was deserving of a coach of the year award. 

30 win season

co champs with kansas of the regular season big 12 title, conference champs and a 2 seed in the tourney. Too bad they got beat in the first round by a hungry norfolk state squad with kyle o'quinn

Kennedy Meeks doubtful for Thursday :smh:

May work in our favor playing Hicks more minutes since he can at least guard Dekker on the perimeter but damn :smh:

How's Josh Jackson compared to Wiggins at the same age

Thought of Wiggins right off the bat

I think he has a better handle and better vision than Wiggins at the same stage. Both of theyre motors have been questioned though.

Jackson to me projects as an elite level 2-guard...maybe 3 now that hes grown. But with better ball skills.

Speaking of Josh Jackson,him and Maker are playing in a tourney in KY,I should have went..Crean and Beilien and UK staff were there...Obviously just a rumor,but a lot of talk about Makers top 3 being Indiana,Louisville,and UK

Speaking of Josh Jackson,him and Maker are playing in a tourney in KY,I should have went..Crean and Beilien and UK staff were there...Obviously just a rumor,but a lot of talk about Makers top 3 being Indiana,Louisville,and UK
Rumor is that his top 3 are Indiana, L'Ville, UK? I was hearing he was pretty much down to UK and KU...

Also, hearing some things that Herb Sendek could be fired today. Archie Miller to ASU and face his brother twice a year....?!

ASU can be a great job with the right coach. easy to recruit to that school with all the loose women there.

Last edited:
Congrats to the WVU fans in here. Press completely screwed us up. Melo did pretty well with it, all things considered, but Dez and Layman had no idea what they were doing. Was tough to see Melo go out, but the trainers absolutely did the right thing. I thought he caught a concussion off of that moving screen, which of course wasn't called. Definitely couldn't send him back out there after the Randy Orton punt. Dez performance was the most alarming to me. Just didn't seem like himself whatsoever. 9 points, 8 turnovers and fouled out. Tough way for him to go out as his last game....Huggins daughters and some WVU fans that were at the game are some scum though. Apparently there were several racial slurs being spewed towards Dez and Nickens on top of the rape stuff. Definitely not indicative of all WVU fans though. Most that I know are good people and I hope WVU beats UK...

Regarding next year, MD should be ranked #1 or 2 in the Big Ten preseason poll. The team will be much more balanced next year with Robert Carter Jr and possibly Diamond Stone down low as well as the JuCo transfer point guard. This year they played with absolutely no post presence and only one elite ball handler. Melo-Nickens-Layman-Carter Jr-Dodd(Stone maybe) is a really strong starting lineup.

And to the ISU fan in here, yes, unfortunately MD did in fact lose to a Big 12 team. IMO, it is the worst matchup MD could have had against anyone in that conference. Very difficult to play against a defense like that with only one elite ball handler. I'm very confident that we could beat any other team in that conference since nobody else plays like that. In the end, I don't see how the Big 12 is any better than the Big Ten, however one conference was the beneficiary of receiving very high seeds and the other wasn't. Still wish we could have had that 3 seed in the East, which we deserved over 10-loss Oklahoma so we could've played Albany and Dayton. It's March though. Is what it is. On to next season!

^rumor about josh Pastner being the lead candidate.

Whoever mentioned something about Steve Lavin possibly being fired was onto something. School officials discussing his future as we speak. Expected to be fired.

Back
Top Bottom