The College Basketball Post

I still think this class stinks.

Idk why you hate this class so much. Lots of talent, versatile players and bigs. Class is only lacking in the PG department.

Said a while back in this thread that Simmons is a better prospect than anyone in this years draft.

Him and Josh Jackson got next.

Thats what I've been saying. I see him as a 20ppg 8rpg & 7apg type of do it all forward. Not a big time scorer but a good scorer. Once he improves his range, dude will be an absolute monster.
20 8 and 7?! sheesh. is he a point forward? Seems like every big now can handle the ball and run the offense now. Must be that aau style play. 

Idk why you hate this class so much. Lots of talent, versatile players and bigs. Class is only lacking in the PG department.

Said a while back in this thread that Simmons is a better prospect than anyone in this years draft.

Him and Josh Jackson got next.

From a college perspective I don't see Simmons being better than Towns, Okafor or Russel was in college. He can't shoot, and struggles to create shots in the half court.

in a half court I believe he's at his best when the court is spread and and he's got talented players to play with. He's not going to get that at LSU or in college where the game is in a strangle hold.

If they play him at PF he will kill college kids, but I see struggles from him if he has to go against SF's.

I like him more as an NBA prospect but not being able to shoot makes him a unquie guy he reminds me of James Johnson (not an insult).

His short standing reach means so his 6;10 height is misleading.

also predicting anyone will score 20 8 and 8 is crazy.

Im down on this class because the top just doesn't feel strong besides Labissiere and Simmons. *shrugs*

meh on brown, don't like Newman, Zimm and Briscoe is growing on me, meh on trier, don't like maker ect etc

Mad I missed this today,how did Maker look?

not good. plays hard but not the shooter that he's advertised, hands not great. doesn't know how to play yet doesn't have go to moves.

not impressed but according to the guys up here he's extremely hard worker and very competitive so hopefully he'll improve.

Last edited:
From a college perspective I don't see Simmons being better than Towns, Okafor or Russel was in college. He can't shoot, and struggles to create shots in the half court.

in a half court I believe he's at his best when the court is spread and and he's got talented players to play with. He's not going to get that at LSU or in college where the game is in a strangle hold.

If they play him at PF he will kill college kids, but I see struggles from him if he has to go against SF's.

I like him more as an NBA prospect but not being able to shoot makes him a unquie guy he reminds me of James Johnson (not an insult).

His short standing reach means so his 6;10 height is misleading.

also predicting anyone will score 20 8 and 8 is crazy.

Im down on this class because the top just doesn't feel strong besides Labissiere and Simmons. *shrugs*

meh on brown, don't like Newman, Zimm and Briscoe is growing on me, meh on trier, don't like maker ect etc
not good. plays hard but not the shooter that he's advertised, hands not great. doesn't know how to play yet doesn't have go to moves.

not impressed but according to the guys up here he's extremely hard worker and very competitive so hopefully he'll improve.
How's his defense?He seems like he would be a great rim protector

How's his defense?He seems like he would be a great rim protector

good plays hard, competes very mobile. not as good as Labisseire or Cheik Diallo, but 3rd best in the class I would guess.

I think just finding 7 footers who are tough and competitive is difficult so I see the potential.

He just has to learn all the crazy dribbling he did in high school wont work in college and has to improve feel for the game.

Last edited:
Seen that we are looking at murray and he may reclassify

Scouting him tomorrow. Duke was 3 deep for Junior Smith today.

VJ King waiting to hear from duke/unc before he progresses his recruitment although the belief is he doesn't leave Ohio for college.

Andrew Slater said... (original post)
According to a 247Sports source, Michael Porter'17 told him that Jayson Tatum said he, Giles, and Smith will all be going to Duke, fwiw.

I mean, it's pretty obvious that it's Duke or UK for him with Duke being the lean at the moment. Wouldn't count Cal out though. 

I mean, it's pretty obvious that it's Duke or UK for him with Duke being the lean at the moment. Wouldn't count Cal out though. 

Duke people were surprised when Kansas and Missouri were cut. Those 2 were the ones everyone was worried about

Duke people were surprised when Kansas and Missouri were cut. Those 2 were the ones everyone was worried about
A top wing not wanting to play for Bill Self after looking at his time at KU? Surprise surprise. Didn't thin Mizzou was as big of a surprise. It was Kansas. 

any word on him making a decision or is this going to get dragged out

Murray will make a decision by June since he wants to reclass.

Tatum has it down to 4 and taken some officials. Not sure of his timeframe. Him and Giles have said they're going to the same school so not sure if he waits on Harry to announce.

Battle has the option to reclass but not sure where things are with him. Derryck Thornton will probably decide what he's doin as far as reclassing after the Louisville/duke visits.

If Antonio Vrankovic gets an offer from Duke he'll commit. His "dream school" but he's a project.

The evaluation period will sort a lot of things out and clear a lot up.

Ingram announcing in the next 2 weeks

Back
Top Bottom