The College Basketball Post

Rank these programs 1-4 based on who you would want to play for the next few years :

Gonzaga, Washington, Maryland and Georgetown

Gtown was left in a bad spot after conference realignment. I can certainly see why UMD would be held in a higher regard. Gtown also has piss poor on campus facilities compared to most other schools.

But for nostalgic purposes...If I were a prospect...i choose gtown over every school in the country.

Last edited:
Rank these programs 1-4 based on who you would want to play for the next few years :

Gonzaga, Washington, Maryland and Georgetown
G'Town,Maryland,Washington,Zags....Been a Hoyas fan for a long time,second favorite squad behind UK...Only picking picking Maryland second for dat UA bag....Speaking of,keep hearing a nasty rumor that UK will be switching to UA when their Nike contract is up...Hope it isn't true and probably won't happen as long as Cal is here...

Last edited:
Gtown was left in a bad spot after conference realignment. I can certainly see why UMD would be held in a higher regard. Gtown also has piss poor on campus facilities compared to most other schools.

But for nostalgic purposes...If I were a prospect...if choose gtown over every school in the country.

I mean GTown is still a top academic school, plays a great schedule, and Turgeron coaches Maryland.

It's only going to get worse lol next 3 years might get unfair

Meh

Last edited:
Udoka Azubuike was at UF for the football game this weekend, I'm glad he's been to the campus a ton on his own

Last edited:
MD
Georgetown
Washington
Gonzaga

Pretty easy.

I'd switch Georgetown with UMD. That tradition and growing up a Big East boy. Not to mention, Georgetown's program will never fall to the wayside and is always on the cusp of becoming elite again.

I also despise UMD's fan base and would feel grimey putting that jersey on but you can't deny the machine they have behind the scene. I've never even been to the Pacific Northwest and there's up there that appeals to me at all :smh:

I'd switch Georgetown with UMD. That tradition and growing up a Big East boy. Not to mention, Georgetown's program will never fall to the wayside and is always on the cusp of becoming elite again.

I also despise UMD's fan base and would feel grimey putting that jersey on but you can't deny the machine they have behind the scene. I've never even been to the Pacific Northwest and there's up there that appeals to me at all :smh:
Both of my parents went to UConn so I essentially grew up on the Big East as well...With that said, the current iteration is pretty weak. MD has the Under Armour machine behind them, play in a significantly better conference, and have better facilities. Turgeon may not be the greatest coach, but JT3 certainly isn't either...

woody so whats it looking like for the rest of the class...whats the outlook on bolden and gabriel....if neither go to duke is it just giles and thats it?

Nm just read that K is going 3 deep to visit gabriel and they still going hard at gabriel, bolden and giles....i dont know how they would be able to pul that one off

Both of my parents went to UConn so I essentially grew up on the Big East as well...With that said, the current iteration is pretty weak. MD has the Under Armour machine behind them, play in a significantly better conference, and have better facilities. Turgeon may not be the greatest coach, but JT3 certainly isn't either...

That's why I said I could see why MD would be held in higher regard to a recruit today. They have all the bells and whistles that Gtown doesn't. And for all the talk about academics, somehow Jeff Green got denied at MD but wound up at Gtown.

Cuse and Conn leaving pretty much took the soul out of the Big East. That tradition the big east had is dead.

It's ridiculous the local talent that both Gtown and md has let slip away in the past 10 years tho.

Atleast 1 more commitment out of the bunch. Bolden more likely than Gabriel. He wants to start and have a chance to be the guy and Maryland gives him that chance.

With Bolden the pitch is that he doesn't even know how good he can be. Selling him on coming in and competing to play beside Harry and chase down number 6. Missing out on him wouldn't kill us because of Carter the following year

Back
Top Bottom