The College Basketball Post

Wow @ them dropping us to 8
mean.gif
Someone had to move down to move UNC up that far. (Also, FWIW, I don't take much stock into the AP poll, more so a curiousity of "what does this person think of this team" sorta thing)...

Unc is where they should be. No issue with the AP ranking. We were 3rd in the last coaches poll while 7th in AP.

Coolness : Huge week for the Gators, Miami & Michigan State on the road. The frontcourt has looked really good recently, but the backcourt is holding us back .

It's more so about us losing to a top 3 team in UK, and them losing to a team that wasn't ranked at all by double figures.

I can understand UNC & Maryland being ahead of us, maybe even Oklahoma. But I don't understand UK still being ranked 4th after the way they lost that game. Sorry, I don't see it. :smh:

It's more so about us losing to a top 3 team in UK, and them losing to a team that wasn't ranked at all by double figures.

I can understand UNC & Maryland being ahead of us, maybe even Oklahoma. But I don't understand UK still being ranked 4th after the way they lost that game. Sorry, I don't see it. :smh:
UK does not deserve to be ranked that high. We will have many more losses to average teams this season. But based off hype and needing the right teams to be ranked for drawing viewers to matchups, yes we are ranked in the top 5...lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^ I'll agree with you there,to me Duke should still be in the top 5...Definitely not buying Iowa St. at 4 even if they are undefeated,they haven't played anybody and don't play anybody until they get into Big 12 conference play.

I originally thought it might've been based upon schedules but our occ schedules are relatively similar. We just won the games we were supposed to win. But I digress, it's still early.

FTR I don't think Iowa State should be in the top 5. If we prove ourselves later in the season then by all means. We should be around the 8-10 range. With that said, I think we will chuckle at the end of the season when we see where UNC and Maryland end up.

Still don't think they were that good this year as there ranking.

Last edited:

Damn I totally forgot UK lost last week in LA. You damn right. No reason they should be ahead of us.

Big win for OU last night. Wasn't able to watch, but looks like Hield and Cousins played really well.

Is this the year KU doesn't win the Big 12? Honestly, could be with Oklahoma, Iowa State, West Va and Baylor all looking pretty strong early in the season.

Big win for OU last night. Wasn't able to watch, but looks like Hield and Cousins played really well.

Is this the year KU doesn't win the Big 12? Honestly, could be with Oklahoma, Iowa State, West Va and Baylor all looking pretty strong early in the season.
Still think KU wins it,not sold at all on Iowa St,not really sold on West Va either,that may change tonight according to how the VA game goes..

Xavier vs Cincy is this weekend :pimp:

The Crosstown Shootout has a special place in my heart

Last edited:

nah, you guys have that conference on lock. Not saying KU will run through everyone but once conference play starts you'll be looking a different team.

Anybody else going to the games at MSG tonight?

I am. I'm trying to get out of the office by 7 tonight to catch the UVA vs. WVU game but not looking likely.

That Uconn Vs. UMD game tho? :pimp: Hoping the Uconn bigs can hold their own against Stone and Carter. Our guards should be able to keep pace with Trimble and 'Sheed tho.

Back
Top Bottom