The College Basketball Post

Was at the Georgetown game and wow.....Not a large crowd less than 6,000 and Monmouth's small student section was louder than Georgetown's....Georgetown forward Paul White did not play and not sure why.......at the press conference JT3 said Monmouth's Justin Robinson was the best guard they've played all year. I'm guessing he forgot about Grayson Allen and Melo Trimble?? Also, Dikembe Mutombo was at the game and what a class act such a nice guy.

Duke's Amile Jefferson hurt his foot in practice diving for a loose ball and will have his hard cast removed on December 26th, but will be awhile after that before he plays

Bo Ryan retiring mid season wow.....what a great coach and he'll be missed. Anyone think there's a chance Wisconsin contacts Tony Bennett?

Not sure, but maybe the small/quiet crowd is due to G-Town being on Winter Break?

Sistine Chapel, bruh :wow: :rofl: :rofl:

Monmouth is officially on the watchlist strictly for their bench.

Last edited:
The university of Missouri Kansas city men's basketball team will wear these darth vader jerseys next month....

Georgetown isn't SJU or even close to it though. We've had plenty of good years (including last year) and been near the top of the BE for the better part of his tenure. But he doesn't change and after 12 years it gets old. This year has people angry because it features 10 Top 150 players and there's be no difference in how we play.

He's not going to get fired and I still don't think he should, but he can't have this air of invincibility and the idea that he can keep plugging away with his ideas and get the same results. You especially don't get to operate like your father with fans and media without winning.

The school will ultimately have to decide if they want another 10 years of this or trust their brand and name and not the Thompson's. Guys like the two we just played -King Rice and Kevin Keatts - would kill to have the job and the school shouldn't be held hostage by a family if it comes to that.

Still plenty of talent and time to turn it around this year but an NIT or 1st round exit this year will not be acceptable.

I was talking about the crowds, man.

I could only wish St. John's had the same success as G-Town over the past 10-15 years.

Saying "at least we aren't St. John's" shouldn't be what G-Town settles for though...III isn't a good coach. Keeping him risks sending the program into a really bad place longterm. If he can't get anything out of this sophomore class more than a 2nd round appearance, its time to move on. Cause once you accept sustained mediocrity, your program is headed toward a bleak road.

On a strictly coaching level, I can't really think of the least time I watched G-Town and was like man, III really thoroughly out-coached that other guy today. Otto really saved III saving some sort of face these past few years cause if it weren't for him...

I understand the stickiness of the situation but the reality is if he wasn't a Thompson, his departure might have already happened or be imminent

Allen...let's be real. Even with a 1st round exit or NIT invite, what exactly do you expect to change going forward?

Nothing will change unless there's a huge difference maker that comes around like Otto, I know that. 12 years later and really, nothing changes even as the staff around him does...just the talent level from year to year..some better than others. This should be an 'up' year but it certainly isn't headed that way.

Big picture as a care taker of a program, he is a good coach and finds talented players..no off-court nonsense. Generally good offense and okay defense. But in-game and more-so - game-planning he's proven to be generally terrible.

It's really not worth much discussion because he's absolutely not getting fired and the thought wouldn't even enter the President's mind until IDK when. It'd take a lot.

I'm not happy but there's just not a whole myself or others can do and we know that. It's a weird spot. Mostly, we just want self-accountability. He shouldn't get to operate like his father and close the doors if he's not producing.

Gotta set JTIII up w/ a hooker

*Making The Call*

Last edited:

Anyone with ESPN Insider want to post this article...?

Thanks in advance.
check your pm not sure if there are rules against this so you can repost if youd like
Thanks for sending.

Cliff notes for those interested -

+ Ferguson's mother staying away from saying he's going to sign anything.

+ Some sources saying Bama and Ferguson's relationship soured when he wouldn't sign.

+ A handful of schools still keeping their eye on Ferguson.

@KySportsRadio: Hearing Patrick Towles is most likely to transfer to Boston College

@KyleTucker_CJ: Tyler Ulis on a lighter Camp Cal last year: "We had toughness. We didn't have to do this." These Cats need a push.

Last edited:
Watching Fox on ESPN2 first time seeing him... Looks good....Wynyard may play his first game tomorrow against Ohio St. wanna see what this kid can do.

Johnnies follow up their win over Syracuse with a 22 point loss to Incarnate Word :lol: :x :smh:

Saw seventh woods vs Jalek Felton last night. Wow those two are going to be a great backcourt at UNC. Was my first time seeing Felton play and man he has great vision, high IQ and has crazy skill but the rest of the Mullins roster is buttcheeks so Hammond was doubling him almost every time down the court. Jalek Felton had a fast break and he tried to throw himself an oop off the backboard and seventh came from behind and blocked him :lol: (committed a foul). Those two will be fun to watch on the same squad

Back
Top Bottom