The College Basketball Post

They're legitimately good. High major guards and a really good coach. Georgetown can't guard anyone with quickness.

Duncan Robinson can shoot the leather off the ball, god damn.

Exactly why i think providence destroys them this year

Brandon continued to impress. Think he finished with 26, attscking the rim, nice poster.

Chase looking lost, not ready for big minutes

Was at the Georgetown game and wow.....Not a large crowd less than 6,000 and Monmouth's small student section was louder than Georgetown's....Georgetown forward Paul White did not play and not sure why.......at the press conference JT3 said Monmouth's Justin Robinson was the best guard they've played all year. I'm guessing he forgot about Grayson Allen and Melo Trimble?? Also, Dikembe Mutombo was at the game and what a class act such a nice guy.

Duke's Amile Jefferson hurt his foot in practice diving for a loose ball and will have his hard cast removed on December 26th, but will be awhile after that before he plays

Bo Ryan retiring mid season wow.....what a great coach and he'll be missed. Anyone think there's a chance Wisconsin contacts Tony Bennett?

He's only doing it because the team sucks. If they were better this assistant wouldn't get this shot that he all of sudden found in the kindness of his heart.

Dean was also having early onset cognitive issues when he retired.

Was at the Georgetown game and wow.....Not a large crowd less than 6,000 and Monmouth's small student section was louder than Georgetown's....Georgetown forward Paul White did not play and not sure why.......at the press conference JT3 said Monmouth's Justin Robinson was the best guard they've played all year. I'm guessing he forgot about Grayson Allen and Melo Trimble?? Also, Dikembe Mutombo was at the game and what a class act such a nice guy.

Duke's Amile Jefferson hurt his foot in practice diving for a loose ball and will have his hard cast removed on December 26th, but will be awhile after that before he plays

Bo Ryan retiring mid season wow.....what a great coach and he'll be missed. Anyone think there's a chance Wisconsin contacts Tony Bennett?

Not sure, but maybe the small/quiet crowd is due to G-Town being on Winter Break?

Sistine Chapel, bruh :wow: :rofl: :rofl:

Has this been coming or just out of nowhere?
Was texting with a couple of my friends that went to Wisconsin last night, and they were both shocked. I think they assumed that Bo would finish the year. It's definitely a convenient time for him to give that assistant his chance, but there's absolutely no chance he's doing this if Wisconsin were a top 25 caliber team...

Georgetown doesn't get decent crowds for these games anymore. I'm giving JTIII through the end of the year show he's adaptable and get the most out of this team or it's time for real pressure. He doesn't change, shows no self accountability and has no pressure to do so but still collects a 3M paycheck. I've been a long time supporter of his but myself and others in that same boat saw enough last night.

i'm pretty sure Coach Ryan was set on retiring after last season but stayed on because Gard's father was diagnosed with cancer last spring...he could have been thrust into head coaching responsibilities right away but was able to spend a little more time with him (he passed away in October)...really dont think it had anything to do with their record this season, everyone knew they were going to struggle with no seniors and 8 freshman

Last edited:
Georgetown doesn't get decent crowds for these games anymore. I'm giving JTIII through the end of the year show he's adaptable and get the most out of this team or it's time for real pressure. He doesn't change, shows no self accountability and has no pressure to do so but still collects a 3M paycheck. I've been a long time supporter of his but myself and others in that same boat saw enough last night.

Situation kinda mirrors what was/is going on at St. John's.

Big John's presence is still looming large, and obviously that's why JT3 hasn't felt the pressure that other coaches might have felt in the same position.

I think a divorce is needed and a coach needs to come in who is a forward thinker.

^ Gards dad was dying of cancer and very few people knew about it. It would have been a rough way to start the season for him dealing with that. He has since passed away. Apparently the plan all along was that it would be an easier transition for him to take over in the middle of the season considering the circumstances.

Not sure, but maybe the small/quiet crowd is due to G-Town being on Winter Break?

They better hope and pray they keep winning to keep up the shenanigans. Monmouth in the tourney might yield some legendary antics :lol:

JTIII is the one of the few coaches who can make me feel decent about Tom Crean...****** situation though cause firing him would mean a divorce from Big John and that would get ugly.

Needs to happen though cause the guy hasn't developed or coached well for a while.

They better hope and pray they keep winning to keep up the shenanigans. Monmouth in the tourney might yield some legendary antics :lol:

If they make the tourney, I expect these guys to do nothing short of giving birth on the sidelines :lol:

Their material is real good :rofl:

JTIII is the one of the few coaches who can make me feel decent about Tom Crean...****** situation though cause firing him would mean a divorce from Big John and that would get ugly.

Needs to happen though cause the guy hasn't developed or coached well for a while.

I think it's one of the most complex situations in college hoops. I don't even know how the school goes about changing things w/o feelings being hurt and potential bridges being burned.

Georgetown isn't SJU or even close to it though. We've had plenty of good years (including last year) and been near the top of the BE for the better part of his tenure. But he doesn't change and after 12 years it gets old. This year has people angry because it features 10 Top 150 players and there's be no difference in how we play.

He's not going to get fired and I still don't think he should, but he can't have this air of invincibility and the idea that he can keep plugging away with his ideas and get the same results. You especially don't get to operate like your father with fans and media without winning.

The school will ultimately have to decide if they want another 10 years of this or trust their brand and name and not the Thompson's. Guys like the two we just played -King Rice and Kevin Keatts - would kill to have the job and the school shouldn't be held hostage by a family if it comes to that.

Still plenty of talent and time to turn it around this year but an NIT or 1st round exit this year will not be acceptable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom