The College Basketball Post

The 1 jackass that ranked Kansas #1 in the AP, ranked MSU #5 :rofl:

The 1 jackass that ranked Kansas #1 in the AP, ranked MSU #5
roll.gif
I used to work with him, great guy. Can't say I agree with his ranking, but he's a really smart guy.

If anyone is interested, I put together an article that outlines the thought process behind putting together a poll...it's not easy. Also, provided some insights as to why this person ranked KU #1 and MSU further down the list. Read here.

^^^^ Good read,while I disagree with some of your rankings,I'm glad you provided some insight into your thought process when deciding who gets ranked where.

Good read. I like your rationale much more than your former colleague. I don't think Kansas, or any of the Big 12 teams for that matter, are better than Maryland though 8) :lol:

Thanks guys.

Regarding Maryland, fair point. I think with Naz Long out I'd rank Maryland above Iowa State now. Right now it's still so early in the season it's tough to tell who is better than who right now.

I mean, to be honest, I'd love a KU/Michigan State rematch because I think KU would win.

Last edited:
Interesting note: if Amile plays in less than 30% of our games this season(that's if he can play anymore) he can apply for a medical redshirt and get next season. He's played in 10 so far, we have 31 scheduled not counting acc tourney and ncaa's

Thanks guys.

Regarding Maryland, fair point. I think with Naz Long out I'd rank Maryland above Iowa State now. Right now it's still so early in the season it's tough to tell who is better than who right now.

I mean, to be honest, I'd love a KU/Michigan State rematch because I think KU would win.

We all know Bill Self cannot beat Izzo, keep it trill.

Interesting note: if Amile plays in less than 30% of our games this season(that's if he can play anymore) he can apply for a medical redshirt and get next season. He's played in 10 so far, we have 31 scheduled not counting acc tourney and ncaa's
Exactly the same thing that happened with Poythress,does it only count for scheduled games or tournaments? Right now Amile is a little past 30% of scheduled games.

Exactly the same thing that happened with Poythress,does it only count for scheduled games or tournaments? Right now Amile is a little past 30% of scheduled games.

Postseason games count. Amile could only play in 2 more games( if we made it to final four, national championship) to qualify for it. If we lost first round of both tournaments he would still be able to qualify for it because the decimal is rounded up to the next number for example 9.1 would allow 10 games

They're legitimately good. High major guards and a really good coach. Georgetown can't guard anyone with quickness.

Duncan Robinson can shoot the leather off the ball, god damn.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom