The College Basketball Post

I turned this game off thinking it was over.. Got the ESPN notification that it was going into OT :stoneface:

We had zero business winning that game. Just like we can't win in Morgantown they can't win in AFH. That may have been the best regular season comeback in AFH.

This team scares the living daylights out of me come March. They have almost zero margin for error and for 38 minutes we saw exactly that. But, with Mason, Graham and JJack those three guys might just be good enough, in an even year as far as teams go to carry us to at least a F4.

I'm speechless. I still have no idea how KU won that game.

I saw numerous stats that at one point they were 4-16 on shots at the rim last night, at one point I believe they missed 15 or 16 3's in a row. Just mindblowing that they won that game.

As my man @langfor5  said, I truly think this team can lose in the first weekend (if they play like they did for the first 37 minutes last night) and they can also win it all if they are playing with energy and making shots. Who knows.

When teams press and make you play fast, most of the time you can press the right back and they can't handle it. It's kinda weird

Syracuse lost a winnable game last night. Guard play at the top of the zone and their inability to crash the glass is going to be why they exit the tournament early if they make it there. They're not a lock by any means.

We had zero business winning that game. Just like we can't win in Morgantown they can't win in AFH. That may have been the best regular season comeback in AFH.

This team scares the living daylights out of me come March. They have almost zero margin for error and for 38 minutes we saw exactly that. But, with Mason, Graham and JJack those three guys might just be good enough, in an even year as far as teams go to carry us to at least a F4.

I've pointed this out before, and it's just an observation, but Kansas' current rotation lacks depth. All three of those guys you just mentioned played over 40 minutes last night, have been playing heavy minutes for a while now and the effects show at certain stretches during the game. Hell Myk would've even been somewhere in the upper 30's in minutes had he not been in foul trouble. They'll be gassed come tourney time at this rate.

Bragg has added a bit of relief since his return but either way Self is going to need and trust someone to come off to the bench and provide significant stretches of productivity besides Bragg and Vick.

I've pointed this out before, and it's just an observation, but Kansas' current rotation lacks depth. All three of those guys you just mentioned played over 40 minutes last night, have been playing heavy minutes for a while now and the effects show at certain stretches during the game. Hell Myk would've even been somewhere in the upper 30's in minutes had he not been in foul trouble. They'll be gassed come tourney time at this rate.

Bragg has added a bit of relief since his return but either way Self is going to need and trust someone to come off to the bench and provide significant stretches of productivity besides Bragg and Vick.
You definitely could be right, but there have been a number of teams in the past that have made runs in the NCAAT by only playing 6 or 7 guys.

I think I saw you, or it could have been another member mention that same thing. At this rate our depth is what it is. Once you get past Mason, Graham, Vick and Svi for guards that is it. Everything after that is walk-ons. Would I love for our guys to have reduced minutes - sure, but if tired legs become an issue then you cut back on the time and amount of practice, which I think Self has already done. Our rotation is set and we are going to ride what we have until the wheels fall off. Whether that is the first weekend or sometime in April.

Self is doing what he can. Lightfoot got some minutes last night but he physically isn't ready to give more than spot minutes. Coleby has to be biggest disappointment, IMO, because of that knee injury he has never been right.

You definitely could be right, but there have been a number of teams in the past that have made runs in the NCAAT by only playing 6 or 7 guys.

Exactly, heck the last time KU made the F4 was with a 7 man rotation. We basically rode T-Rob and Tyshawn Taylor all the way to the National Championship.

Back
Top Bottom