The College Basketball Post

Not to mention Baylor catching an L against TT. Looks like Kansas streak in the Big 12 is gonna continue :smh:

Question: is the conference streak a matter of Kansas just being head and shoulders above the rest of conference, the rest of the conference just being trash, or a combination of both?

You definitely could be right, but there have been a number of teams in the past that have made runs in the NCAAT by only playing 6 or 7 guys.

Right. I mean Duke just won it all in 2014 with a 7 man rotation :lol:. Well before Grayson came out and balled in the final 4.

Not to mention Baylor catching an L against TT. Looks like Kansas streak in the Big 12 is gonna continue :smh:

Question: is the conference streak a matter of Kansas just being head and shoulders above the rest of conference, the rest of the conference just being trash, or a combination of both?
definitely a combo...Kansas is always good but no other Big 12 team is consistently on their level, or they not used to being the top dog so they find a way to lose it to KU

definitely a combo...Kansas is always good but no other Big 12 team is consistently on their level, or they not used to being the top dog so they find a way to lose it to KU

Would we then say that Kansas' post-season finishes are on par with their regular season success or an underachievement?

The Big 12 is consistently a top 3 conference and if you're winning that 12 years in a row, I'd expect at least more than 1 NC and 2 Final Fours in that span.

No shade to KU and its fans, it just got me thinking more about what the streak actually means in the grand scheme of things.

KU has probably had the most consistent talent during this 12 year streak. Teams like Texas, KSU and OU have had guys like Hield, Griffin, Beas, and Durant but then the next year they would fall off. KU's success has really come from defending our home court, winning timely road games and having other teams upset each other. Because the Big 12 is so tough every year you can count on a lower or mid tier team beating one of the top teams. Familiarity with players, coaches, schemes and the overall talent level getting better is what leads to that.

I have had that same debate with other KU fans. Out of this current 12 year streak we have had ONE 'ship and two Final Four runs. I think that should be higher but the argument is the Tourney is a complete crap shoot. Plenty of times KU has run into a lower seed that gets hot, we don't play very well and we lose. In the current league format you play every team twice, home and away and that is true testament that we haven't been swept in a season series since Iowa State in the early 2000's. In a one and done format the best team doesn't always win but when you play a 16 game conference format, for the most part the team that ends up winning is usually the best team overall.

In the overall grand scheme of things winning 12 in a row is a big milestone because we play in one of the toughest conferences year in and year out and we are every teams 'highlight' game of the year. I wish that would have correlated to more National Championships but comparing a regular to the Tourney is a completely different story.

I think it's a combo of both.

KU is always good. But other teams come and go...look at OU. Final Four last year, worst team in the league this year.

However, one thing I don't think gets enough run is the fact that the Big 12 is a true round-robin. You play every team twice, which obviously includes once on the road. I think we all know there is very few things tougher than being a top ranked team, the defending champ (as KU always is) and winning on the road.

I'm the first to admit KU has underachieved many times in the tournament under Self...however, I still think winning 13 in a row in a power conference is a serious achievement.

Would we then say that Kansas' post-season finishes are on par with their regular season success or an underachievement?

The Big 12 is consistently a top 3 conference and if you're winning that 12 years in a row, I'd expect at least more than 1 NC and 2 Final Fours in that span.

No shade to KU and its fans, it just got me thinking more about what the streak actually means in the grand scheme of things.

I was so mad when they beat Memphis that year

Trae Young said UK had the worst dorms of any major program :lol: His dad later said it was a joke...This family :lol:

Kentucky is going to have a big drop off in talent with the guards next season., but at least the frontcourt will be more balanced

Last edited:
Kentucky is going to have a big drop off in talent with the guards next season., but at least the frontcourt will be more balanced
I think we will be ok with Green,Diallo,and Briscoe more than likely coming back.Why they haven't played Diallo yet is beyond me,he's been with the team over 2 months now and years of eligibility won't be a problem,give the kid some shine, at least in garbage time.

Trae making his decision tomorrow...anybody heard anything early or predictions? Beginning of the week a lot of people were saying he was staying home but now I see late movement towards the Jayhawks.

KU would have a pretty sick class with the Trae commit. If he goes to OU then Self will most likely pour the rest of his resources into Duvall.

I think Trae stays in Norman though. Team is need of an uptick and most hometown kids feel compelled to lead the charge.

Trae making his decision tomorrow...anybody heard anything early or predictions? Beginning of the week a lot of people were saying he was staying home but now I see late movement towards the Jayhawks.
I've heard the same.

But still think he stays home. (I also just don't want to get my hopes up.)

Back
Top Bottom