The College Basketball Post

This is pretty much the same squad from last year with a way deeper front-court with Gavin Schilling and Ben Carter back from injury, and Jaren and Zay Tilman coming in.

They was good last year ? young them played hard & dealt with injuries but still

Don't doubt they will have a great season and Izzo will have them ready

Just thought they was depending a lot on Bridges & Jackson Jr

Last edited:
They were ok last year, but the front court depth was horrible after Gavin Schilling and Ben Carter went down for the season, before it even started. Nick Ward would get in foul trouble, then we'd have to throw in undersized guys, which led to being out-rebounded regularly. Miles, Cassius, and Josh Langford all should be better with a year under their belts. Cassius and Josh played decent for freshmen. Miles was great, of course.

But you're right. They definitely weren't "good" last year.

Annoyed by this L because it definitely felt like we were the better team (for once)

I definitely think we were in a position to win the game, when Bridges hit that 3 to go up by 2 with I think ~4 minutes left.

Not sure I agree that MSU is a better team though. Duke has better PG and SG, by far. Duval shot is broke, but he's quick and can make plays. Grayson Allen is what he's always been, a dead eye shooter. Now that he doesn't have to run PG, he can focus on scoring. Winston made a lot of dumb decisions out there, and our SG were non-factors completely (McQuaid and Langford).

Bridges > Trent, and JJJ probably better than Wendell Carter at this point. Ward is good, but not as good as what Bagley will become.

So MSU had like 2 players better than Duke, and Duke had 3 better than MSU. Bridges and JJJ probably the only 2 MSU players that would get minutes for Duke. Maybe Ward.

Duke definitely has more talented players. Won't argue that. Just feel like we have a slightly deeper team. Especially in the paint.

Quentin Grimes picks a school in the next 30 minutes. I don't have a good feeling about this.

Last edited:
EC Matthews out 4 weeks with broken wrist for Rhode Island.

Texas star Mo Bamba suffered a concussion recently, I hope he's alright next week .

"Anthony Cowan making Maryland fans quickly forget about Melo Trimble". He's a big game ballplayer that could make Terps a tough out in March."

As much as I loved Trimble. The ball moves so much more now without him. more people are involved. So much better to watch.

Back
Top Bottom