The College Basketball Post

MSU by 5.

Izzo defeated one of the most talented squads K has ever had last year.

He finally cracked the code

Izzo is a nice coach , but the lack of big time talent is hard to watch

Winston is suppose to be that guy. Izzo has never had a ‘one in down’ type except for Jaren Jackson.
You can never doubt a MSU team in March but they turn it over way to much and that has been a trend for a couple of years now.

Foster Loyer is a player that should be used sparingly in a matchup vs Duke.

Within like 2 minutes, Izzo decides to throw him out there so he can coach up his Senior All-American Wooden watch list Point Guard a little more.

I don't understand the thought process there.

Happy to see Charlie Moore bounce-back from that sad stint at Kansas. Mans been killin at DePaul this season.

Yikes

Gonna be a disappointing year

What is going on with MSU this year? Of course it is only December and we all know that the month of March is Izzo time but so far they have looked awful. At the same time, if I had to pick one coach to turn things around and squeeze every ounce of ability out of a team it would be Izzo.

What is going on with MSU this year? Of course it is only December and we all know that the month of March is Izzo time but so far they have looked awful. At the same time, if I had to pick one coach to turn things around and squeeze every ounce of ability out of a team it would be Izzo.

No reliable 2nd option besides Cash. No reliable big besides Tillman, who is only maybe 6'8". Getting almost nothing from the guards/wings (need more from Henry (who can be a no-show, like last night) and Brown.

On top of all that, it seems like Winston's brother's death has affected some guys. Not sure anyone will ever come out and say it, but ever since it happened - no one seems to be able to focus. Tillman was one of the smartest players last year, and he has made some of the most bone headed plays I've ever seen this year (dumb turnovers, missed layups, etc).

MSU usually hits some bumps early season and then starts putting it together towards conference play / NCAA... but I'm not sure this year. Just seems like everything is off.

From ESPN this am:

Winston still is doing Winston things, of course, but the interior D against quality opponents (not counting blowout wins against Binghamton and Charleston Southern) has been just average. Against the Blue Devils, that defense was even worse than average: Duke connected on 60% of its 2s Tuesday night. Izzo is famous for putting the pieces together by March, but in December, he definitely has his work cut out for him.

From ESPN this am:

Winston still is doing Winston things, of course, but the interior D against quality opponents (not counting blowout wins against Binghamton and Charleston Southern) has been just average. Against the Blue Devils, that defense was even worse than average: Duke connected on 60% of its 2s Tuesday night. Izzo is famous for putting the pieces together by March, but in December, he definitely has his work cut out for him.

Bingham needs more minutes. Especially over Kithier and Hall. He's the only one with enough length to guard opposing big men, like Carey. Tillman is too small, and Kithier / Hall have zero chance.

Uhh...clearly Georgetown knows something the public doesn't if Galen Alexander and Myron Gardner are logging minutes right now :lol: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom