The College Basketball Post

He’s “young” but I sense a lot of old head energy in this post

I don't mind the guys transferring at all. If they're not going to pay them and even if they did you have to do what's best for you.

I just hope they all have a place to land once the dust settles. There are a ton of transfers and I'm not sure if there are going to be enough spots.

Marques Bolden on that list? Feel like he was touted as a lot better even though he’s on a G-League team.

All these kids do today is run. That’s it, **** get a little hard and they out. Klesser or whatever his name is from UNC is a prime example. Kids get to college realize your not good enough yet for everybody to kiss your ***. Then they out. I don’t understand as a father how you let your son do that. If it was my son, “it’s nah you made a adult decision. You live with it and you fight and you stay”

All these kids do today is run. That’s it, **** get a little hard and they out. Klesser or whatever his name is from UNC is a prime example. Kids get to college realize your not good enough yet for everybody to kiss your *** yet. Then they out. I don’t understand as a father how you let your son do that. If it was my son, “it’s nah you made a adult decision. You live with it and you fight and you stay”

idk.... I'd probably feel a way if Andrew Platek was getting more minutes than me

idk.... I'd probably feel a way if Andrew Platek was getting more minutes than me
So what, you clearly not better than him yet. If a HOF coach(one of the greatest to stand on the sideline) is giving him more mins then you. You ain’t ready yet, that’s it. You don’t run bc you ain’t getting what you want yet. You man up and work harder.

Gotdamn I’m getting old. I sound like the old men that used to give me these conversations.

Day’Ron sharpe and Walker Kessler join an illustrious list of UNC bigs to leave after just 1 season:

Brandan Wright
Tony Bradley
Travis Wear
David Wear
Marvin Williams

Elite company.

In the 90's Clifford Rozier bounced from UNC to Louisville and was productive

Sometimes it's good to have a change of scenery . That Johnny Juzang kid at UCLA was never going to be a main option at Kentucky

While this is true, a lot of young people to day want instant gratification. We live during a moment in time where almost anything we want within reason is a click away.

We don’t know every detail regarding kessler’s situation, but from an outsiders perspective, he wasn’t adjusted for the college game initially but got better as the season progressed. Some have rumored that the main issue could’ve been how well he was performing in practice didn’t translate to him getting PT during the games. I saw the potential and ability early on but dude was still raw, Day’Ron as well.

Next season would’ve been an ideal opportunity for him to truly showcase his ability, but his decision to transfer more than likely happened within the first month or two into the season. It is what it is tho and hopefully Roy learned a valuable lesson to not recruit so many ******* bigs and be less reliant on seniority rather than ability.

C’mon man, was Roy supposed to roll out lineups that consisted of 4 bigs and a guard? Lol. Platek absolutely had to get minutes to provide relief to RJ and Caleb.

YES

it's a shame we never got an all big lineup with Manley at the 5

kidding mostly and don't necessarily disagree with youngthundercat youngthundercat

I don't know Kessler's reasons but the season playing out as it did is definitely something he should've considered before hand

Rechon Black is about to be a goddamn senior next year and I still don’t know what skill he has besides being 6’7 and able to bring the ball up the court.

He doesn’t even deserve to be called ‘Leaky’ anymore

Rechon Black is about to be a goddamn senior next year and I still don’t know what skill he has besides being 6’7 and able to bring the ball up the court.

He doesn’t even deserve to be called ‘Leaky’ anymore
My in laws cool with his family. Father in law asked what up with leaky? His pops said that ain’t my son while he out there. Said kid ain’t himself when he put that Carolina jersey on.

My in laws cool with his family. Father in law asked what up with leaky? His pops said that ain’t my son while he out there. Said kid ain’t himself when he put that Carolina jersey on.

:rofl: Wild if true.

I believe it tho. These parents be wylin’ over their children playing a game. Bacot and Caleb Love got their daddy’s tweetin’ for ‘em

While this is true, a lot of young people to day want instant gratification. We live during a moment in time where almost anything we want within reason is a click away.

While I agree, I think there is also another side of it. You have 4 years in college, to prove if you're good enough to be a pro. If you're buried on the depth chart and don't see a way to get more PT... you could grind it out for 3 more years and hope to get noticed, or you could transfer somewhere else and show out. If you suck, you suck. But there are literally millions of dollars on the line, and NBA teams make stupid decisions every single year. Gotta figure out what program is best to showcase your skills in that timeframe, if your goal is to get to the NBA. Might still flame out since you couldn't beat out other non-NBA players on a team like UNC, but you could also catch some dumb *** NBA team drafting on "potential" if you go and run up 20ppg at some scrub school.

We don’t know every detail regarding kessler’s situation, but from an outsiders perspective, he wasn’t adjusted for the college game initially but got better as the season progressed. Some have rumored that the main issue could’ve been how well he was performing in practice didn’t translate to him getting PT during the games. I saw the potential and ability early on but dude was still raw, Day’Ron as well.

Next season would’ve been an ideal opportunity for him to truly showcase his ability, but his decision to transfer more than likely happened within the first month or two into the season. It is what it is tho and hopefully Roy learned a valuable lesson to not recruit so many ****ing bigs and be less reliant on seniority rather than ability.

You don't know if those kids flat out didn't like things about the school (UNC ) after they got there and just finished out the season .

Totally different situation , but Coach K flat out gave up on Semi Ojelye . He had no choice but to transfer , same with Michael Gibinje

Back
Top Bottom