The College Basketball Post

I like Ville and Indiana (but so does everyone else :rolleyes)

I'd let Kyle start at the one and have Norman Powell guard the pg.

Whats the point of having Kyle if he's not going to play the 1 on offense, just get someone else to guard the other teams 1.

i agree with Bosh...the kid needs the ball in his hands. he makes everybody better not sitting on the wing.

dont waste his taste like Holland did Holiday

Rondae Jefferson to Zona.

Word is they are gunna use Kyle at the 3 as a point forward and just let him go when he gets the board. I really can't imagine that, since when does Howland run?

Larry might start at point but i can't see him having the ball in his hands for the majority of the game.

Howland should let Kyle run the offense in a Lebron type roll. Larry will just guard the point on the other team.

Ben isn't gonna run. Surprised TP got cleared and it's Kyle that is along with Bazz.

Indiana fans what's the word on Hanner Perea? Should he be getting alot of minutes this year? Big fan of the kid's game

Also for anyone asking about Semi Ojeleye(pronounced Shimmy) he's considered a good defender and an elite athlete.

FWIW I don't think Jabari will land at Duke. With Hood/Ojeleye/Murphy with the possibility of Sheed/Jones/Hubbs at the 2 I don't see it happening.

Marcus Lee cut his list to Cal, Lville, UK. All signs point to him joining Jabari Bird at Cal.

Miami is gonna be a really good team if Reggie gets back in shape, him tearing his meniscus really hurt his conditioning. Larkin, Kadji are perfect for that offense. Bishop Daniels is supposedly the 3rd guard behind Larkin, Scott. They'll be dangerous.

Interested to see how Robinson and McGary do with Trey Burke this season.

BJ Young gonna eat this season.

I hate to say this but depending on how the freshmen mix with the returning players Zona could be fun to watch this season

Larry might start at point but i can't see him having the ball in his hands for the majority of the game.

I hate to say this but depending on how the freshmen mix with the returning players Zona could be fun to watch this season

If only the gawd and first team all Pac 12 guard, Kyle Fogg was returning :/

:smokin

Interested to see how Robinson and McGary do with Trey Burke this season.
Also Hardaway needs to improve. He had a sort of down year, shot pretty poorly. And he'll be playing more a 2 guard so his ball handling needs to get better too.

Xavier Rathan Mayes is down to UConn, Illinois & Florida State.

Florida State got this i think, if so from what i understand him and Wiggins are very tight, I think FSU chances at Wiggins got a whole lot better.

Last edited:
Xavier Rathan Mayes is down to UConn, Illinois & Florida State.
Florida State got this i think, if so from what i understand him and Wiggins are very tight, I think FSU chances at Wiggins got a whole lot better.

Imma need him at UConn...WTF Illinois doing in that list?

This kid.... :smh: maybe its a good thing we didnt show up to his open gym...dont know what to say if this is true.

Dan Dakich said on his radio show today that he was told by a source that Tech forward Trey Lyles took an unofficial visit to Kentucky before he had announced his de-commitment from Indiana. Dakich suggested that the visit happened in late July or early August. There is a dead period in that time frame. Lyles could visit a campus during that time frame, but if he had contact with coaches or other basketball personnel there, that would be considered an NCAA violation. Dakich later told Jeff Rabjohns of Peegs.com that he was not discussing the visit as being a potential violation and that his source may or may not have been mistaken on the date.
Dakich also suggested that someone in the Lyles camp had requested a job on the Indiana staff in exchange for Lyles’ commitment. It should be noted that it would not be considered an NCAA violation if a team hired someone close to a player to be a full-time assistant coach, but positions lower than that are subject to NCAA scrutiny. Trey Lyles’ father Tom disputed the allegations in interviews with Rabjohns and Indianapolis Star preps reporter Kyle Neddenriep. Lyles formally announces his de-commitment on Aug. 7.

Last edited:
As I said when he decomitted, the kid is heading to Kentucky, no surprise there.

Crean really needs to cut the dead weight from this oncoming recruiting staff and go hard at some major targets. Troy Williams and Bee-Jay Anya would be my ideal additions to this current class

Anyone hear anything about Rodney Purvis?? Will he be eligible for the entire season or only miss a handful of games??

As I said when he decomitted, the kid is heading to Kentucky, no surprise there.
Crean really needs to cut the dead weight from this oncoming recruiting staff and go hard at some major targets. Troy Williams and Bee-Jay Anya would be my ideal additions to this current class

last i heard from people back home in bloomington and from some readings, CTC has stopped recruiting lyes, one reason why they didnt have anyone at his OG last week, and has turned to trying to pull in Anya and Williams, which is why he came out to the DMV last week to meet them. Anya will have his official visit during Hoosier Hysteria weekend

Last edited:
Anyone hear anything about Rodney Purvis?? Will he be eligible for the entire season or only miss a handful of games??
No way he plays the entire season. Last I heard was the State was in the appeal process. Apparently the longer it goes on without hearing something is better for State.

Tyler Lewis isn't seeing the court ahead of Cat. He'll end up transferring.

Also I read that if a recruit did visit a school during the dead period and talked to a coach that the school would have to stop recruiting him. Saw his dad vehemently denying the visit and has talked about filing some legal charges?
laugh.gif

:D @ the Barber commit. So nice to be able to reload now instead of constantly rebuild.

Lewis isn't going to transfer. Dude stayed loyal with the coaching change, and it'll be nice to have guard depth for once.

Purvis has been cleared to practice and go to class but not to play yet. NC State filed an appeal and is expecting to hear something in the next week. They have been working with Upper Room to get all the required information in, but basically Upper Room dropped the ball here although the NCAA always has funny timing with things like this.

I'd be happy with even half the year so Purvis can be around for the conference games, but we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Good pick up for Pack...

I know it's unfair to judge but my first time seeing Cat was against the Harrison twins. It just wasn't fair, it was like the run DRose had in the tourney vs Austine and Collinson. Where pure athleticism and size just dominated the opposition, wasnt even close. Just showed how great the twins are.

Can't wait to see where they are headed.

Surprised no one has mentioned UofI getting a commit from Kendrick Nunn... Puts them back square in the Jabari sweepstakes

Back
Top Bottom