The College Basketball Post

I feel you. The ref was pretty quick with the whistle. I just feel like like to harp on the possession arrow is to take away from Hancock's awareness and the collapse by the shockers. 

Cheers to non-controversial 2nd game. 
Word. I agree, there should have definitely been a timeout called, and the shockers crumbled like feta under pressure. Regardless of the game or situation the possession arrow is still a terrible rule. Great game though, having a feeling the next one is going to be a blowout. 

Quick whistle. Could have let Baker play it out or even a Hancock foul called. But Wichita was down three. If you really analyze the situation, they still needed a clutch three to even tie for OT.

Quick whistle. Could have let Baker play it out or even a Hancock foul called. But Wichita was down three. If you really analyze the situation, they still needed a clutch three to even tie for OT.
Well a shot at a 3 is better than no shot at all. You would never know.

You're right. That's never happened before. It was better this way.

Obviously everyone would prefer to let them play out instead of the quick jump ball. But I was more so addressing the people on NT & Twitter clamoring that Wichita was robbed.

Wichita was robbed of a chance to tie. Not win. Big difference. That was still L-Ville's game to lose up three with 6 seconds remaining.

So much energy from McGary early. Defensive blocks, tip-outs on offensive boards, even a mid-range J in the Cuse soft spot.

Burke needs to settle down. Overshooting everything heavy.

I made fun of Mitch Mcgary for looking slow and out of shape early in the season, but can't front he's been excellent, still don't know how he translates to the league without an elite point gaurd setting him up.

Last edited:
Same page, OKB. He's finally channeled that youthful exuberance into productivity on both ends.

I'd like to see another year from him in AA. A full year of production. But his stock may never be as high.

I'd like to see McGary (or Robinson) pull the quick trigger on the mid-range J in the Cuse soft spot.

Life is hard for Stauskas tonight.

Back
Top Bottom