The Combat Jack Show Thread

I actually thought they would keep it real regarding Drake, shoulda known better :lol: there's always a built in excuse with Dude

More life was mid, but that's cool it was a playlist
Pusha Fries him, Conveniently now he's the bigger man & doesn't wanna take it there (goes on to diss Ye for YEARS)
Scorion drops & is mid, He was focused on ye. If he was focused & made it a single disk it would have been great
That "Demo" drops & is also mid, It's a throwaway of loosies (despite having like 10 new tracks, multiple videos shot & a tik tok dance challenge)
CLB Drops, his heart wasn't in it......... He's just being forced to release music
Gets completely outshined on every level of performance..... He didn't play his slaps tho he was taking it light :lol::lol:

We going on a half a decade since a fire project & the excuse every time is just he ain't feel like it right now. He was being "friendly" & didn't want comp but he specifically started with a song throwing subliminals at ye :lol:.

this is pure pop star status levels of media protection :smh:

😒

I actually thought they would keep it real regarding Drake, shoulda known better :lol: there's always a built in excuse with Dude

More life was mid, but that's cool it was a playlist
Pusha Fries him, Conveniently now he's the bigger man & doesn't wanna take it there (goes on to diss Ye for YEARS)
Scorion drops & is mid, He was focused on ye. If he was focused & made it a single disk it would have been great
That "Demo" drops & is also mid, It's a throwaway of loosies (despite having like 10 new tracks, multiple videos shot & a tik tok dance challenge)
CLB Drops, his heart wasn't in it......... He's just being forced to release music
Gets completely outshined on every level of performance..... He didn't play his slaps tho he was taking it light :lol::lol:

We going on a half a decade since a fire project & the excuse every time is just he ain't feel like it right now. He was being "friendly" & didn't want comp but he specifically started with a song throwing subliminals at ye :lol:.

this is pure pop star status levels of media protection :smh:

I figured Kanye Stan’s would stop the drake slander since they squashed the beef … wrong I was 😂

but yeah Drake didn’t go in his catalog during the concert …didn’t think that was even debatable

it was labeled as featuring drake for a reason and not a joint concert like WTT, Drake vs Wayne, etc.

I figured Kanye Stan’s would stop the drake slander since they squashed the beef … wrong I was 😂

but yeah Drake didn’t go in his catalog during the concert …didn’t think that was even debatable

it was labeled as featuring drake for a reason and not a joint concert like WTT, Drake vs Wayne, etc.

Since when did a guest feature come out & not perform their top hits? This same pod gave him a pass for another mid *** album because he simply "didn't care about it" & it was a throwaway. So now one of the biggest concerts of the year, insane hype........ he decides to perform the album he doesn't care about.

This was all ego driven if you ask me, Drake's entire thing this whole Kanye "beef" was that Kanye is washed, his new stuff isn't clicking anymore..... when truth is the **** people wanna hear from Drake the most is also SFG/TC/IYRTITL era stuff which is damn near a decade ago.

Still on Saturday pod. Joe was spot on about ross album. When the track with 21 first released I’m came on here and said the mixing is off . Disappointed smh

This Tank discussion and him talking about singers now having to compete with rappers and their influence and the labels and what they sign and promote :emoji_ok_hand:
He killed that.

I never been a big R&B guy but he was spot on. The truly talented dudes to rise to the top but it's hard as hell for acts that ain't Usher, CB, Etc who are basically legacy acts to get off a ballad at this point. CB popped so young he is given the grave to move between both worlds but he so will do a tape with thug etc so the influence is obviously there.

It was on point.

and I was wondering, do young people(21 and younger) even listen to R&B now. Because it seems even the HER's are for 30+. Back in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's you always had kid groups. There is no Candyrain these days. It's like once they took that over with N'Sync and Backstreet Boys it went away. There's no kid growing up with Michael Jackson. If you were born in the 60's, you saw Michael Jackson go from singing about a rat to a disco phase to doing songs with rappers.

and he was right about Adele and Sam Smith being able to be pop with R&B. A black list aren't going to be on their radio stations or playlist. They're able to take risk.

Young people just don’t listen to traditional r&b because they most likely grew up off of rap

Rap is easier to sell and display than r&b. That’s a big reason why most gravitate towards. Most r&b artists are mysterious and we don’t hear or see them much. Rappers are more visible and have more of an effect.

I wouldn’t categorize as “traditional” r&b but the youngins luv Summer Walker …For the dudes I can’t really think of any new cats that’s poppin like that

I dont get this. If kanye said just bit his style but this dude came before kanye with that style does that mean kanye bit this dude's style as well?

and Bink says that about Just. I think it's because they heard Just before and what he was doing, and then after.

Their breakdown of Meg and Tory makes me want to try and find out details of the case. I have no clue what’s going on but they have a lot of confidence in talking about it.

****** been on every side of the Tory discussion since it happened.

Why can’t people just let things play out? Is the Tory thing really that important to people?

Their breakdown of Meg and Tory makes me want to try and find out details of the case. I have no clue what’s going on but they have a lot of confidence in talking about it.
No gun residue on Tory but it’s present on Megs friend

Meg and her friend were fighting before

The bullet fragments taken from Megs ankle can’t be found

I'm not a Big Sean but his interview on Drink Champs is real good. I ain't set through the whole 3 hours, went by the timestamps. His break down of his relationship with Kanye just sound like Kanye took his loyalty for granted. If you don't kiss Kanye *** all day everyday he got a problem with you.

One thing I can say is that the gaslighting **** has been on Meg's side with all the tweeting and talking she's been doing over the past year or two.

Joe was right about her announcing the Netflix "deal". I think that's a way to throw off the algorithms when you google someone. She's trying to win this in public opinion, when she could have just stayed quiet since Tory can't talk about it and wait to court. Instead she will respond to random people.

and I think the whole thing was an accident no matter who did it. Regardless a gun shouldn't have been pulled, but nobody means to shoot someone in the foot. If you're trying to shoot someone, you're trying to shoot them and you're aiming for the body or the head. It probably was joking around amongst drunk people.

and it might be a Juicy Smollet situation, where it's too late to say I lied or it wasn't that, because she's gained a ton of popularity and fame off this. I just went to Nike.com the other day and the first thing I saw was her.

and Joe is right about the bones part. When I saw her foot, I thought maybe it was a piece of shrapnel or possibly the road that hit her foot.

Back
Top Bottom