The hardest job in America. vol. I'm a black man in America

i dont feel blacks have it the worst. hispanics have it just as bad. we live in the ghettos too. we suffer from drugs and gangs. racial profiling is a harsh reality we experience too. we go to jail for stupid amounts of time for stupid reasons too. we suffer from single parent/grandparent households (i was raised by my grandmothers while my parents were on drugs or in jail) unless youre a beautiful hispanic woman good luck getting a decent non-deadend job. i know no lawyers other than PD, or dentists, or doctors. no one in my family has graduated college. we are victimized too. how many hispanic politicians are there? not many. we dont have people to look up too other than gangsters and killers. the only respect we get from our own is by those two "occupations". however these are no excuses. this isnt the 1800s or even the 1900s its a new millenium/year so there is no one to blame but yourself. how many of ya'll experienced slavery first hand. that cant be an excuse anymore just like being an immigrant cant. we all go through adversity. just now there are probably kids of other races who have it worse than you right now. you can only speak for yourself someone elses troubles arent yours. it all starts with taking responsibility for your actions.

i dont feel blacks have it the worst. hispanics have it just as bad. we live in the ghettos too. we suffer from drugs and gangs. racial profiling is a harsh reality we experience too. we go to jail for stupid amounts of time for stupid reasons too. we suffer from single parent/grandparent households (i was raised by my grandmothers while my parents were on drugs or in jail) unless youre a beautiful hispanic woman good luck getting a decent non-deadend job. i know no lawyers other than PD, or dentists, or doctors. no one in my family has graduated college. we are victimized too. how many hispanic politicians are there? not many. we dont have people to look up too other than gangsters and killers. the only respect we get from our own is by those two "occupations". however these are no excuses. this isnt the 1800s or even the 1900s its a new millenium/year so there is no one to blame but yourself. how many of ya'll experienced slavery first hand. that cant be an excuse anymore just like being an immigrant cant. we all go through adversity. just now there are probably kids of other races who have it worse than you right now. you can only speak for yourself someone elses troubles arent yours. it all starts with taking responsibility for your actions.

I mean as far as asians not having a voice, ya'll can thank your culture for that. Older asian generations seemed to not want to rock the boat but for some reason it seems like the younger cats aren't on that plane. Like alot of ya'll have chips on your shoulders tryna prove your G. Like the asian kid thats always spitting game @ sistas
laugh.gif
Alot of the social $@% is all mental tho (media plays a huge role too). Just like some black people are still stuck in that slave mentality some asians got their own $@% too. Naruto Nick can rage about being a starter on team YNS because he's asian but then on the flip there's that bizarro world Ben Baller kid that's gettin it in no problemo...

That's just social scene though, as far as the economic realm, black people are at the bottom of the barrel while asians probably are at the top. That's set in stone. You combine the mental/media aspect of the social side of things with the economic realities of this country you can see why black people are kinda immobilized when it comes to climbing the ladder...

I mean as far as asians not having a voice, ya'll can thank your culture for that. Older asian generations seemed to not want to rock the boat but for some reason it seems like the younger cats aren't on that plane. Like alot of ya'll have chips on your shoulders tryna prove your G. Like the asian kid thats always spitting game @ sistas
laugh.gif
Alot of the social $@% is all mental tho (media plays a huge role too). Just like some black people are still stuck in that slave mentality some asians got their own $@% too. Naruto Nick can rage about being a starter on team YNS because he's asian but then on the flip there's that bizarro world Ben Baller kid that's gettin it in no problemo...

That's just social scene though, as far as the economic realm, black people are at the bottom of the barrel while asians probably are at the top. That's set in stone. You combine the mental/media aspect of the social side of things with the economic realities of this country you can see why black people are kinda immobilized when it comes to climbing the ladder...

Hispanics are really getting the short end of the stick

this season at least

then its on to the next group

asians cry a little too much btw and blacks.... well they are American and Hispanics are somehow not really American or something cause somehow the only thing we care about is immigration and nothing more.
Its really messed up and it goes un noticed most of the time. 

Hispanics are really getting the short end of the stick

this season at least

then its on to the next group

asians cry a little too much btw and blacks.... well they are American and Hispanics are somehow not really American or something cause somehow the only thing we care about is immigration and nothing more.
Its really messed up and it goes un noticed most of the time. 

I feel sorry for the black people that have it so hard. 
Spoiler [+]
Happy?

I feel sorry for the black people that have it so hard. 
Spoiler [+]
Happy?

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Stop listening to Rap/hip-hop/etc

Real talk... you've got America's most successful black men STILL rapping about gangster %%@$. What do you think kids are gonna do? The root of the entire problem is that lifestyle in the hood is almost idolized. Being "about that life" etc.

You really think the next generation of black American's would have it so hard if instead of listening to Birdman you were listening to Arcade Fire.

I'm also going to acknowledge the fact I'm way off... but I have a point
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Shut up.[/color]
Telling him to shut up as if he didn't have a point...

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Stop listening to Rap/hip-hop/etc

Real talk... you've got America's most successful black men STILL rapping about gangster %%@$. What do you think kids are gonna do? The root of the entire problem is that lifestyle in the hood is almost idolized. Being "about that life" etc.

You really think the next generation of black American's would have it so hard if instead of listening to Birdman you were listening to Arcade Fire.

I'm also going to acknowledge the fact I'm way off... but I have a point
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Shut up.[/color]
Telling him to shut up as if he didn't have a point...

Its almost become a "no I have it worse" competition in America.

Hispanics, asians, european immigrants, caucasians, blacks.

Why don't you just stop placing importance on eachothers race all together. Thinking one group has it worse than the other just stokes the fire.

Its almost become a "no I have it worse" competition in America.

Hispanics, asians, european immigrants, caucasians, blacks.

Why don't you just stop placing importance on eachothers race all together. Thinking one group has it worse than the other just stokes the fire.

No the hardest job in america is without a doubt being a %%%%%. Just think how many ppl with dreads/locks fros etc or gold teeth or tatted up are successful in the profesional world? Just off they dark-skin and having facial hair alone they are depicated as low-class, ignorant, unintelligent, less then human. I mean the list goes on and on.

No the hardest job in america is without a doubt being a %%%%%. Just think how many ppl with dreads/locks fros etc or gold teeth or tatted up are successful in the profesional world? Just off they dark-skin and having facial hair alone they are depicated as low-class, ignorant, unintelligent, less then human. I mean the list goes on and on.

this is BS my dude , i know there is still mad racist cats in this world

but we in 2011 skin color is played its all about if you a good dude or not .

i got some black homeboys who wild successful .

and slavery im native american so im in the same boat as you duke .

this is BS my dude , i know there is still mad racist cats in this world

but we in 2011 skin color is played its all about if you a good dude or not .

i got some black homeboys who wild successful .

and slavery im native american so im in the same boat as you duke .

If your grandpops made this post about 60yrs ago i'd probably agree...

But in 2011?? nah son... there's too many brothers out there winning for this to be even remotely true.

If your grandpops made this post about 60yrs ago i'd probably agree...

But in 2011?? nah son... there's too many brothers out there winning for this to be even remotely true.

Man, shut the +*+@ up. People have it hard, Earth sucks, get a job, shut the hell up and save money.

Man, shut the +*+@ up. People have it hard, Earth sucks, get a job, shut the hell up and save money.

I agree wit' OP, it  may be the hardest job in America.

This thread can go on & on. Living in black skin everyday is a upward hill battle.

There's so much I can say on this topic, so i'll jus' stop.

I'll exit the thread wit' this....

I agree wit' OP, it  may be the hardest job in America.

This thread can go on & on. Living in black skin everyday is a upward hill battle.

There's so much I can say on this topic, so i'll jus' stop.

I'll exit the thread wit' this....

Back
Top Bottom