The hardest job in America. vol. I'm a black man in America

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

MF'ers think we have it hard in America as black males...ha. Well I've been around the world including 3rd world developing nations...I told myself I'll never complain about being a black male in America again. That's all I'll say about that. We just need to get our %$%% together. Point blank. The answers start within ourselves. 

But this post is about AMERICA man.  I'd hope everyone is aware that some places in the world would make the projects look like the Hamptons.  I'm not disputing that at all.  The funny thing is when you say "get our #%#$ together" is not enough.  Alot of us have our #%#$ together but have to fight twice as hard.

Random thought...... 

I was thinking about depression and why people commit suicide.  Alot of privileged kids and adults who are the majority white get depressed and hurt themselves.  (suicide, cutters, etc.)  But in the black culture we aren't programmed to hurt ourselves so we take it out on others.  I bet alot of violent acts by black men (or low income men of any race) are results of built up frustration.  The kid ready to fight isn't that mad his shoes got stepped on, he's just on edge because he doesn't have lunch money and his brother just got killed.  The guy that mean mugs you at the bar is blown he just went on another interview and was passed up on plus he has a kid on the way.

TGB, I know this is about America...but you see sometimes when all we think about is our immediate surroundings (in this case America) we suffer from something called myopia or more specifically our thoughts and beliefs are myopic. Perspective is a very important tool to use in life. So in the case of African American males there must come a point where they start saying "even though things can be tough at times and things can be better, I am thankful for the opportunities that are available to me and I will take advantage of them". This type of thinking is usually a byproduct of using perspective.

Attitude determines altitude my dude. No more of this woe is me BS. You would be surprised of how many opportunities there are for us black males...yet we fail to take advantage of them. I know this better than most...I was a High School dropout...yet I graduated Summa Cum Laude from college and top 3 in my class with a 3.91 GPA. I had s**t for opportunities when I was effing up. I could have blamed society, I mean because after all my dad was on drugs and wasn't around...instead I looked at what I was doing to !!$% my own self up. I changed, got focused, got real, got official, got mature, and got an education. Now I work as a member of the United States of America's braintrust.

So please understand when I say we need to get our +**% together. It's the truth, but sometimes the truth is extremely inconvenient. Just like your screename says...the TRUTH GETS BUSY. Makes you look inside of yourself and it highlights your flaws. It also prevents you from pointing fingers at others. It means we can't complain anymore, no more pity parties...just get our +**% right.

So we can't speak the truth anymore?  Yeah we have to make the most of our reality, that's called personal responsibility.  But I'd compared this post to a 20/20 special building awareness.  Not sitting on the corner whining about no getting a hand-out.  It's funny if you bring up the truth people assume you aren't doing anything to help yourself.  Why can't you do both?
Well mostly because at this point I think we all know what the problems are by now. We are behind in the solution game.

What college did you go to and what was your major, if you don't mind me asking?

MF'ers think we have it hard in America as black males...ha. Well I've been around the world including 3rd world developing nations...I told myself I'll never complain about being a black male in America again. That's all I'll say about that. We just need to get our %$%% together. Point blank. The answers start within ourselves. 

But this post is about AMERICA man.  I'd hope everyone is aware that some places in the world would make the projects look like the Hamptons.  I'm not disputing that at all.  The funny thing is when you say "get our #%#$ together" is not enough.  Alot of us have our #%#$ together but have to fight twice as hard.

Random thought...... 

I was thinking about depression and why people commit suicide.  Alot of privileged kids and adults who are the majority white get depressed and hurt themselves.  (suicide, cutters, etc.)  But in the black culture we aren't programmed to hurt ourselves so we take it out on others.  I bet alot of violent acts by black men (or low income men of any race) are results of built up frustration.  The kid ready to fight isn't that mad his shoes got stepped on, he's just on edge because he doesn't have lunch money and his brother just got killed.  The guy that mean mugs you at the bar is blown he just went on another interview and was passed up on plus he has a kid on the way.

TGB, I know this is about America...but you see sometimes when all we think about is our immediate surroundings (in this case America) we suffer from something called myopia or more specifically our thoughts and beliefs are myopic. Perspective is a very important tool to use in life. So in the case of African American males there must come a point where they start saying "even though things can be tough at times and things can be better, I am thankful for the opportunities that are available to me and I will take advantage of them". This type of thinking is usually a byproduct of using perspective.

Attitude determines altitude my dude. No more of this woe is me BS. You would be surprised of how many opportunities there are for us black males...yet we fail to take advantage of them. I know this better than most...I was a High School dropout...yet I graduated Summa Cum Laude from college and top 3 in my class with a 3.91 GPA. I had s**t for opportunities when I was effing up. I could have blamed society, I mean because after all my dad was on drugs and wasn't around...instead I looked at what I was doing to !!$% my own self up. I changed, got focused, got real, got official, got mature, and got an education. Now I work as a member of the United States of America's braintrust.

So please understand when I say we need to get our +**% together. It's the truth, but sometimes the truth is extremely inconvenient. Just like your screename says...the TRUTH GETS BUSY. Makes you look inside of yourself and it highlights your flaws. It also prevents you from pointing fingers at others. It means we can't complain anymore, no more pity parties...just get our +**% right.

So we can't speak the truth anymore?  Yeah we have to make the most of our reality, that's called personal responsibility.  But I'd compared this post to a 20/20 special building awareness.  Not sitting on the corner whining about no getting a hand-out.  It's funny if you bring up the truth people assume you aren't doing anything to help yourself.  Why can't you do both?
Well mostly because at this point I think we all know what the problems are by now. We are behind in the solution game.

What college did you go to and what was your major, if you don't mind me asking?

Random thought...... 

Yeah we need solutions.  On another note whats good with the gym tomorrow I got 2 games this weekend.
laugh.gif

Random thought...... 

Yeah we need solutions.  On another note whats good with the gym tomorrow I got 2 games this weekend.
laugh.gif

Random thought...... 

laugh.gif
Tuesday for sure for sure. Got family in town and you know I gotta take them out on the sight seeing deal. I'm looking to see what you have worked on since we last got up at the gym...crossover step and a quick pull up J = $$$$ in your pocket my dude. I'll hit you up though.

Random thought...... 

laugh.gif
Tuesday for sure for sure. Got family in town and you know I gotta take them out on the sight seeing deal. I'm looking to see what you have worked on since we last got up at the gym...crossover step and a quick pull up J = $$$$ in your pocket my dude. I'll hit you up though.

Originally Posted by TmAk15

2nd hardest, because of NAFTA and other free trade/globalization agreements the latin-immigrant is the modern american slave of the 21st century

You're kidding right? America caters to Latin Americans. Everywhere in NYC all the signs are translated for hispanics who refuse to learn english. I can't find a job because I don't speak spanish, In America!!!! Instead of people coming here and having to learn english, I have to learn spanish? Foh.

2nd hardest, because of NAFTA and other free trade/globalization agreements the latin-immigrant is the modern american slave of the 21st century

You're kidding right? America caters to Latin Americans. Everywhere in NYC all the signs are translated for hispanics who refuse to learn english. I can't find a job because I don't speak spanish, In America!!!! Instead of people coming here and having to learn english, I have to learn spanish? Foh.

Originally Posted by Appollyon Lives

Are you basing your argument off of what the street signs in NYC say? Did I say latin american? Don't even worry about spanish at the moment, somebody needs to get you in some basic english classes to get your reading correct. I still stand by opinion that the latin-immigrant, "illegal" or not has the hardest job in america because most of the hard labor in the US is dependent on the sweat of their brow. They work the fields, they cook the food, they build the houses. People argue that they may be taking the jobs of others but regardless they're the one's doing the dirty work in the country with few if any rights. It's wild how people persecute them for taking the jobs that others "want", when in reality it's the US controlled world banks like the IMF who through their international lending, structuraladjustment policies, and free trade keep people from living a poor or even remotely sustainable lifestyle. My boy just came back from visiting his family in Jamaica and from what I heard there hardly any point in working, the price of labor has been brought down as an incentive for increasing employment and production to the point it's not even worth it. I also saw it myself when I was in Belize and especially in Guatemala where people get robbed for spare change.

Originally Posted by Appollyon Lives

Are you basing your argument off of what the street signs in NYC say? Did I say latin american? Don't even worry about spanish at the moment, somebody needs to get you in some basic english classes to get your reading correct. I still stand by opinion that the latin-immigrant, "illegal" or not has the hardest job in america because most of the hard labor in the US is dependent on the sweat of their brow. They work the fields, they cook the food, they build the houses. People argue that they may be taking the jobs of others but regardless they're the one's doing the dirty work in the country with few if any rights. It's wild how people persecute them for taking the jobs that others "want", when in reality it's the US controlled world banks like the IMF who through their international lending, structuraladjustment policies, and free trade keep people from living a poor or even remotely sustainable lifestyle. My boy just came back from visiting his family in Jamaica and from what I heard there hardly any point in working, the price of labor has been brought down as an incentive for increasing employment and production to the point it's not even worth it. I also saw it myself when I was in Belize and especially in Guatemala where people get robbed for spare change.

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

I used to be a militant young black dude at one point. Black panther type of dude. Then I realized that the mental victimization I was inflicting on myself was actually counter productive to me living a life a actually want. I believe the biggest problem in AA culture is "self awareness". Knowledge of self and identity build a back bone and confidence that allows one to interact with every man no matter their ethnic or economical background. Most blacks alienate themselves when they are in social circles that they perceive to be "white" or "uppity" and really don't learn how to communicate and learn from a different perspective. The American black man in the modern world is the most unique and contradictory thing on earth. The amount of power we have individually is amazing. The amount of power we could have collectively would be devastating. We in one or two generations could literally have a infrastructure that is identical to the jewish infrastructure. I believe we are our own worst enemy. Our generation is the one that will conceptualize this paradigm shift but we will not be alive to fully enjoy the ramifications. The planet looovveesss us and the planet really loves charming,intelligible, clean cut black men.............. I promise
wink.gif
Co-sign, The responsibility is in our hands wither we wanna wake up and recognize the faults and build on those faults to better ourselves and our communities is up to us and only us.

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

I used to be a militant young black dude at one point. Black panther type of dude. Then I realized that the mental victimization I was inflicting on myself was actually counter productive to me living a life a actually want. I believe the biggest problem in AA culture is "self awareness". Knowledge of self and identity build a back bone and confidence that allows one to interact with every man no matter their ethnic or economical background. Most blacks alienate themselves when they are in social circles that they perceive to be "white" or "uppity" and really don't learn how to communicate and learn from a different perspective. The American black man in the modern world is the most unique and contradictory thing on earth. The amount of power we have individually is amazing. The amount of power we could have collectively would be devastating. We in one or two generations could literally have a infrastructure that is identical to the jewish infrastructure. I believe we are our own worst enemy. Our generation is the one that will conceptualize this paradigm shift but we will not be alive to fully enjoy the ramifications. The planet looovveesss us and the planet really loves charming,intelligible, clean cut black men.............. I promise
wink.gif
Co-sign, The responsibility is in our hands wither we wanna wake up and recognize the faults and build on those faults to better ourselves and our communities is up to us and only us.

I see many blacks complaining about how they're treated, but always say "We don't gotta change for nobody".

I see many blacks complaining about how they're treated, but always say "We don't gotta change for nobody".

race discussions (this thread especially) usually result in both sides talking in circles. it's safe to say that no one knows what it's like to be a Black male in America besides Black males in America.

race discussions (this thread especially) usually result in both sides talking in circles. it's safe to say that no one knows what it's like to be a Black male in America besides Black males in America.

Originally Posted by Slim

/thread. 
It's hilarious to me to see non-black people in this type of thread trying to tell black people what it's like to be black

/thread. 
It's hilarious to me to see non-black people in this type of thread trying to tell black people what it's like to be black

grin.gif

grin.gif

Originally Posted by Screech

That's a cop out.  Being a black male in Alabama is much different from growing up being a black male in a nice part of Los Angeles etc.  Socio-economic, demographics of population, parents education are a lot better indicators of whether you had a 'similar' growing up experience.  Someone from a Hispanic family, with parents that didn't go to college and overcame obstacles etc can definitely contribute to this thread and to this topic.

Also, every person has one singular perspective based on their life experiences and inclination to study the topic.  I am not a Black male but I can empathize with the situation, and understand the factors in the situation.  Just because I can't 'feel' what they felt doesn't mean I cannot objectively look at the topic.  True, I can't subjectively look at the topic but isn't that the point?  To look at this not from an individual standpoint, but instead to try and understand the core problems and how this can be changed.  

Personally, I think that generation by generation it has to change. It is unfair to lay the problem of change on any one presidency...it takes an entire generation turning over to see the real effects of programs put in place today.  With computers, technology etc it is fair to say that the kids that are born this year will all have ACCESS to information to better themselves.  The question is whether the 'Black' society that is growing up today places importance on that.  

That's a cop out.  Being a black male in Alabama is much different from growing up being a black male in a nice part of Los Angeles etc.  Socio-economic, demographics of population, parents education are a lot better indicators of whether you had a 'similar' growing up experience.  Someone from a Hispanic family, with parents that didn't go to college and overcame obstacles etc can definitely contribute to this thread and to this topic.

Also, every person has one singular perspective based on their life experiences and inclination to study the topic.  I am not a Black male but I can empathize with the situation, and understand the factors in the situation.  Just because I can't 'feel' what they felt doesn't mean I cannot objectively look at the topic.  True, I can't subjectively look at the topic but isn't that the point?  To look at this not from an individual standpoint, but instead to try and understand the core problems and how this can be changed.  

Personally, I think that generation by generation it has to change. It is unfair to lay the problem of change on any one presidency...it takes an entire generation turning over to see the real effects of programs put in place today.  With computers, technology etc it is fair to say that the kids that are born this year will all have ACCESS to information to better themselves.  The question is whether the 'Black' society that is growing up today places importance on that.  

Originally Posted by Sundizzle

At the end of the day tho your still considered a n....er  regardless of what end of the social spectrum your in and or location.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom