'The Irishman' Confirmed: Scorsese Directing De Niro, Pacino, Pesci and Keitel in 2011

Saw it in the theater it was great. I saw no big problems with the de-aging.

Did amazing with Joe Pesci now that I see him now. They even made him look older when needed.

Loved the discussion with the 4. Didn't know other actors and even Joe and Marty acknowledge DeNiro as a director when he's giving advice and on things on set. Very insightful.

And in case anyone didn't know, let the credits play out. There's a half hour convo between Scorsese, Deniro, Pesci and Pacino after everything ends.

got fam coming over for thanksgiving so once they leave ill watch it on the weekend with my stuff toy

906B7862-0A6A-42E9-B125-6F595F72DE14.jpeg

I need these frames ASAP!

man harvey Keitel was wasted in this film. Crazy to think Bobby marked him in Taxi Driver 43 years ago

I remember he posted a flick with Deniro and Scorsese after they shot that, he wasn't sure that his scene would make the final cut. But in a 3.5 hour film, everything stays.

I remember he posted a flick with Deniro and Scorsese after they shot that, he wasn't sure that his scene would make the final cut. But in a 3.5 hour film, everything stays.

Didn't Scorsese film 4+ hours? I swore I read that.

I started a little rewatch and just the foreshadowing and the way Scorsese has certain things come back full circle. *banderas.gif*

*DON’T READ IF YOU CARE ABOUT SPOILERS*

- The dinner scene in the beginning between Frank & Russell when they first sit down and they’re breaking bread together and dipping it in wine —> the end, when they’re in prison and they’re doing it again with the “good grape juice.”

- Frank has those Germans digging their own graves during the war —> at the end, he’s “digging” his own too with the selection of the casket and burial site.

- We see the murder of Hoffa briefly within the first 2 mins of the movie when Old Frank is talking about painting houses.

- The first night he stays in the same hotel room as Hoffa, Hoffa leaves his bedroom door slightly cracked open —> That last shot of Frank, with the door slightly cracked open.

BB9A2576-971A-454F-91FA-5372BE2116AF.gif

Great movie , the slo mo scenes i could've did without :lol:

Had to stop it a couple times for pee and snack breaks ... sebastian maniscalco was a real prick :lol:

Happy Thanksgiving to all ...

Good movie
Lil long
But my only complaint
Not enough killing
And some of the interesting characters
Weren’t flushed out
Just kinda in and out of scenes

Back
Top Bottom