'The Irishman' Confirmed: Scorsese Directing De Niro, Pacino, Pesci and Keitel in 2011

Never was interested in Jimmy Hoffa.

Michael franzese said in an interview that Hoffas body is at the bottom of a body of water.

my problem isn't just the cast being old, it's all of it being old

What do you mean by this? When is the last time we had a good mafia movie?

This could be great. De Niro and Pacino are both pushing 80. Would be cool to finally see them on screen together in something, directed by Scorsese no less. It's been a long time coming.

Will be flames. Really need to see the full cut. What was it rumored at, 3-4 hours?

watched trailer easily 10x already LOL

love these movies and cant wait man

could be the last we see from these greats EVER together

giphy.gif

how i'm coming back into this thread when this movie sucks

Seeing it at the Premiere this weekend at The New York Film Festival. I'll do a quick review soon after.

fdc1fa1e67c563f1b0c73cc4e1592d98b9af7b39.jpg

I'm also attending a discussion with Martin Scorsese on Saturday afternoon. I'm not sure if I'm more excited to see the film or be in the presence of my filmmaking idol.

Can't believe this **** is finally here.

Theaters 11/1, Netflix 11/27

I've been reading about this movie for over ten years now. Happy it's finally happening.

I've asked this a few times, but are there NYC-theater locations listed yet for the three weeks they'll be screening before it hits Netflix?

Definitely want to catch this when it hits theaters. I feel like they've been talking about this film for more than 10 years. A lot of scripts take time to develop. They switch companies, switch hands. But we're finally here. Keitel is in this too, Todd's goofy ***. Action Bronson had a cameo in here, hopefully it stays in the theatrical cut.

I've asked this a few times, but are there NYC-theater locations listed yet for the three weeks they'll be screening before it hits Netflix?

Nah it's still too early. I feel like UA Kaufman in Astoria will show this. They're good for limited releases. Definitely indie spots downtown or in Brooklyn. Keep checking those places or Fandango.

Definitely want to catch this when it hits theaters. I feel like they've been talking about this film for more than 10 years. A lot of scripts take time to develop. They switch companies, switch hands. But we're finally here. Keitel is in this too, Todd's goofy ***. Action Bronson had a cameo in here, hopefully it stays in the theatrical cut.

Movie is 3.5 hours long. Scorsese said I’m not cutting ****

Nah it's still too early. I feel like UA Kaufman in Astoria will show this. They're good for limited releases. Definitely indie spots downtown or in Brooklyn. Keep checking those places or Fandango.

I imagine maybe in the next one or two weeks we'll know. For sure the city will have theaters. In Brooklyn, I'm thinking maybe Alamo Drafthouse or even BAM, both of which aren't far from me.

As previously mentioned, The NYFF festival premiered "The Irishman" over the weekend and I was lucky enough to get a ticket. As well as a post screening discussion with Martin Scorsese.

2d20ee492e765aa1dcc1c35495ebea832d0fc45d.jpg

ec0b0f462bf96784e4923ac9438426a969af6e76.jpg

801f4d174875a7fac296e83bc02350b7ea0b98f6.jpg

Okay, now on the to the film. Personally, I think it's an epic masterpiece. In NT terms, it's an 8/8. If you loved Goodfellas, you're going to LOVE this film. It's cut from the same cloth. Deniro carries the film since everything is through his POV but Pesci, who has a significant amount of screen time, holds his own as well. Pacino is laugh out loud comedy in every scene he's in and I'm sure he'll be brought up around Award season for best supporting actor. He's integral to the story since a lot of the events evolve around Hoffa. The de-aging wasn't even a thought honestly and when watching the film, it's so flawless that you think the flashbacks are real. This might be Marty's most violent film, which shouldn't be a surprise since Deniro's character is a famed hit man and they do show a slew of his hits. For those worried about it's "long" runtime, those 3 hours and 15 minutes breezed by. I'm being vague on purpose because I want everyone to see this film as soon as it comes out IN the theater. It'll be criminal to watch this epic via your laptop on Netflix. It definitely deserves to be seen on the silver screen.

8/8

Back
Top Bottom