'The Irishman' Confirmed: Scorsese Directing De Niro, Pacino, Pesci and Keitel in 2011

Master Zik Master Zik Did you peep on first watch who played Bobby Kennedy :nerd:
9F5FB7E4-54C5-4EA4-896D-9D0B6161C39F.gif

Master Zik Master Zik Did you peep on first watch who played Bobby Kennedy :nerd:
9F5FB7E4-54C5-4EA4-896D-9D0B6161C39F.gif
I caught on during that Senate hearing but I almost didn't recognize him with a full face and that hair.

On another note, I would've liked a scene here confirming the mafia killed Bobby too when he was gonna run/running for president. The way they confirmed/alluded to killing JFK to spook Hoffa was chilling.

I also thought it was funny that jimmy norton played rickles. :lol: that was him right?

I caught on during that Senate hearing but I almost didn't recognize him with a full face and that hair.

On another note, I would've liked a scene here confirming the mafia killed Bobby too when he was gonna run/running for president. The way they confirmed/alluded to killing JFK to spook Hoffa was chilling.

Richard Harrow :emoji_goat:

I could have sworn I read that Scorsese didn't want to invite conspiracy theorists had he outright said/suggested "the mob killed the Kennedy's".

https://www.thedailybeast.com/inside-the-irishmans-gonzo-theory-that-the-mob-killed-jfk

Just finished watching, had to do it in 2/3 sittings. It was good but long. Could have done without the whole him getting old part.

Started off a little slow but once Pacino got involved the story took off!

I really don't know much about Hoffa so the story was fresh to me.

DeNiro may be the star but Pesci and Pacino stole the show along with a GREAT supporting cast.

Capone Richard and Gyp lol.

Just needed my man Lucky to make a cameo.

"Your lawyer's dead "
"He's dead? Who did it?"

That exchange gave me chills also made me a chuckle.
The one that gave me chills was the exchange between Russ & Frank after that altercation with Joe Gallo.

McGee didn’t even have to utter the words. Frank knew he had to go for disrespecting a boss.
16852C9F-EA2A-4997-BBF2-8541A8ABBD87.png

Real G’s move in silence with violence.
16852C9F-EA2A-4997-BBF2-8541A8ABBD87.png

I enjoyed it as I enjoy any Scorsese film but his shtick is getting old to me.

The world he knew is gone mostly. The "ethnic white gangster" period piece has run its course for me. It's always the same three ethnicities too: Italians, Irish, and Ashkenazi Jews. Maybe I'd be more intrigued if he did a Russian mob film or something about radicalization of Muslims in prison. There's so many ways to come at the ethnic crime category of film. He's good at what he does. He mixes the white immigrant American experience with crime, politics, and weaves it into major historical events. Just wish he'd do something a bit different.

I enjoyed it as I enjoy any Scorsese film but his shtick is getting old to me.

The world he knew is gone mostly. The "ethnic white gangster" period piece has run its course for me. It's always the same three ethnicities too: Italians, Irish, and Ashkenazi Jews. Maybe I'd be more intrigued if he did a Russian mob film or something about radicalization of Muslims in prison. There's so many ways to come at the ethnic crime category of film. He's good at what he does. He mixes the white immigrant American experience with crime, politics, and weaves it into major historical events. Just wish he'd do something a bit different.
I get what you mean but if he tackled a different ethnic crime group, it wouldn’t feel as organic and it would lack soul imo. Think of when white directors attempt to do a black story... more times than not, I’ve heard people from the black community condemn it.

Marty sticks to what he knows and it works. It feels real and authentic because he grew up surrounded by this environment. And this film is the least glamorous of his gangster films. A more realistic view of it and what the life entails if you make it to old age... Nothing. Time passes on, you’re friends and loved ones either have died or want nothing to do with you because of what the life you lived brought them. Those last 30 mins of the film was some of the best **** I’ve seen in awhile from American cinema.

Back
Top Bottom