'The Irishman' Confirmed: Scorsese Directing De Niro, Pacino, Pesci and Keitel in 2011

Thats up to Scorsese and no one else.

He tapped a young DeNiro same way he tapped a young Leo. Almost tapped Andrew Garfield for a run.

Besides he's making a movie about old dudes. Why cast young blood? :lol:
of course he can cast who he wants, it just feels like he squeezing blood from a turnip at this point
the first thing that came to mind when I heard of this was that movie Wild Hogs or Old Dogs (whichever) but violent

Marty aint capable of directing a movie that bad :lol:

I hear his name and my mind goes to a specific place and the movie already has a certain tone. I'm not worried.

Hes the type of the director that can hide the worst of a **** actor and bring the best out of one.

stop dragging these old dudes out of the crypt, there's got to be some talented young blood out there that could
really make their bones in a good Scorsese project

The movie is about Jimmy Hoffa and the mob though. They were all a bunch of old bats, just like the cast. Why would Scorsese recruit youngins for this project? :lol:

EDIT: Master Zik Master Zik beat me to it

Look, i'm accepting apologies now for when this movies stinks. The subject matter is stale, PERIODT.
hold this space. I don't know why I have soured on Scorcese but here we are

my problem isn't just the cast being old, it's all of it being old

Last edited:
I think it's gonna be good, I've been reading about this movie for almost ten years. Cast is supposed to be old, it's gonna be good. Not a fan of Pacino in it.

Anyone ever see Pesci's last movie, Love Ranch? I thought it was good.

Look, i'm accepting apologies now for when this movies stinks. The subject matter is stale, PERIODT.
hold this space. I don't know why I have soured on Scorcese but here we are

my problem isn't just the cast being old, it's all of it being old
Then don't watch his movies anymore and stop complaining.

This souring on Scorsese seems completely fabricated and in your head.

You couldn't name his last bad movie. Son been on a 2 decade streak (if not longer) cuz he paces himself accordingly.

I think it's gonna be good, I've been reading about this movie for almost ten years. Cast is supposed to be old, it's gonna be good. Not a fan of Pacino in it.

Anyone ever see Pesci's last movie, Love Ranch? I thought it was good.
Oh it was good.

Had Helen Mirren bae in it iirc.

Think it's still available to watch on Showtime.

Then don't watch his movies anymore and stop complaining.
so I can't have an opinion? Yall can think it's going to be good without seeing it but I can't think it's going to be bad?

I've soured on these old stories is what I should've said, you getting too worked up though

so I can't have an opinion?
You did.

No need to belabor it.

I saw you do that in the True Detective thread :lol:
Yall can think it's going to be good without seeing it but I can't think it's going to be bad?
Given his track record yes unless you've though Martin's last 10 movies were all bad too.
I've soured on these old stories is what I should've said
This is Hollywood movies now.
you getting too worked up though
I disagree. Not worked up at all.

let me live my life bro

what'd I say in the true detective thread, I don't even remember?
I haven't been in there since the first ep,

checked, I posted one thing about this season
loved the first season, liked what I watched of the second

Last edited:

0D17FBB9-8191-4221-AFBC-961B72356FEA.jpeg

Rumor is this cost +$100mil to get made

Better believe Netflix will try to recoup the costs

This is really a non-factor since they operate on the subscription model.

That's the really interesting about these streaming services creating original content. They don't have to operate the way traditional film and television companies do when it comes to budgets. For the most part, their production spending can be limitless.

let me live my life bro

what'd I say in the true detective thread, I don't even remember?
I haven't been in there since the first ep,

checked, I posted one thing about this season
loved the first season, liked what I watched of the second
My bad I confused you with someone else that had a similar avy :lol:

Back
Top Bottom