THE LAST HOME GAME IN NEW JERSEY - LETS GO NETS

Tough game... Won't get any easier with the Clippers up next.

O.J. Mayo talks back on
nerd.gif
smokin.gif

Grizzlies talking to Nets about O.J. Mayo trade

The Grizzlies are again discussing whether to deal reserve guard O.J. Mayo.

This time, Memphis has explored at least two trade scenarios with the New Jersey Nets over the past couple of weeks, according to two NBA sources.

Yahoo Sports first reported the talks.

The Nets are interested in acquiring Mayo for salary-cap reasons as they try to clear room to make a run at Orlando center Dwight Howard in the offseason. With that in mind, the Nets have offered fourth-year guard Anthony Morrow for Mayo.

Morrow, a 6-5 shooting guard, will earn $4 million this year and is guaranteed for $4 million next season. Mayo is making $5.6 this season — the final year of his rookie contract. He has a $7.4 million qualifying offer for the 2012-13 campaign.

The Griz have not discussed a contract extension with Mayo nor do they plan to before the Jan. 25 deadline.

The Grizzlies’ motivation would be to acquire a bigger, more accurate shooter with an average contract. Morrow, 26, is a career 45-percent shooter from three-point range. He’s shooting 46 percent from beyond the arc this season in 12 games with New Jersey.

The Nets have also offered point guard Jordan Farmar, a draft pick and cash in a separate package for Mayo.

Either deal would save the Grizzlies money.

Farmar has a contract that pays him $4 million this season. He owns a player option at $ $4.25 million for the 2012-13 season.

Neither deal is imminent. But both scenarios are there for the taking if the Grizzlies want to pull the trigger, according to the sources.

This is the third time over the past year that the Griz have entertained offers for Mayo. The organization has most of its money tied up in four players — Mike Conley, Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol — and isn’t inclined to pay Mayo a substantial amount.

Mayo apparently doesn’t figure into the Grizzlies’ long-term plans as his role has diminished over the past two seasons, and because of the team’s financial constraints.
Link

I like the deal for both sides... Both the Nets & Grizz will end up saving money & will end up getting a player that will help their offense better in return. The Nets get a more versatile scorer with O.J. & the Grizz get a spot up 3 point shooter with Morrow who they will probably use more than they use O.J. right now. Im hoping it gets done.
nerd.gif

Hhhmmmm. Take Farmar. Leave Morrow. I'm guessing it's the Houston pick (which is only good if the Rockets make the playoffs, really). If it's a second rounder, even better.

^same here. Had we not missed all those FT's we wouldn't have been so desperate to win in the last few mins of the 4th.

I hope Deron has a good year and bounces back from that wrist injury. He is my favorite player to watch, glad he makes his home in the East now, I will be able to watch him more often.

Just got home from game. Pretty good crowd, but pretty bad shooting from both teams. And apparently the players don't like the arena because of the background (it is originally a hockey arena, right?)

Still is a Hockey arena Krazy. I play little into that though. (Not saying that it is not a reason but) Yet I did read the comments while riding home with my pops from the game.

Both teams played bad. If the Nets shot at 40 percent and hit about 21 percent of their threes, this game would of been closer. The thunder should of been up 15, 20,25.

Nets vs Bobcats. At home today for this one (there last night and rather be home for football.)

Lets get that offense going. Go Nets

Good to see us have some fight against a good 6'ers team.

Dwill going off
smokin.gif
Good all around play from everyone though.

Williams needs to just get that triple double already
laugh.gif

Damion James is out for the season with a foot injury (surprise surprise
30t6p3b.gif
)

Brook Lopez won't be extended.

Back
Top Bottom