The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

looks like jiri prochzka and tofiq musayev (RIZIN LWGP winner) are currently in talks with UFC. both would be solid additions to the roster; tofiq especially been putting on some damn good performances recently.

For Masvidal, he says since the scrap, Covington has been non-existent at ATT

“Who?” Masvidal asked with a laugh during a recent appearance on The Ariel Helwani MMA Show. (via MMA Mania). “As soon as he got his jaw broken, no man.”

“Look D, [Dustin Poirier] is going to get upset that I’m even saying this because it’s locker room talk,” Masvidal said. “But, he’s like, ‘Yo man, where the f**k is Colby?’ So I’m like, don’t even worry about him because he’s on witness protection program.”

“But nah, that dude don’t go to the gym, man. He’s a punk and he got what he deserved,” he concluded.

Bellator commentator Big John McCarthy explained why he recently said Michael Page fought better competition than Anderson Silva during his early career.

“I’m not talking about Anderson over his entire career. If you want to break his career into sections, I can say this and say at the beginning, his first 16, 17, 18 fights, Anderson Silva had decent competition at times, good competition at times, and bad competition at other times. He fought and lost to Daiju Takase. Takase was 4-7. His first 20 fights, he was 16-4. He fought good fighters in Jeremy Horn, (Hayato) Sakurai. Sakurai was a 170-pounder. He was small. It’s a good win over a good opponent but he’s fighting way out of his weight class,” McCarthy said of Silva.

“MVP has fought one fighter with a losing effort his entire career and that was his second fight. Every other fighter he’s fought has had a winning record. So you can’t sit there and say they’re giving him cans. If you don’t like Michael Venom Page, fine, you don’t like him. I’m telling you he’s one of the most exciting fighters I’ve ever seen. That’s just as simple as it gets. He is exciting to watch. He is fun to watch. He puts on a show."

That’s not an unfair assessment.

When Anderson stepped up in competition he handled business though, Page got KOed.

izzy says the romero fight is a done deal for march 7.

I like Cejudo. Unlike say Colby, you can clearly see he’s messing around with his image. I think it’s comical. I wouldn’t have wanted TJ or Maraes to be the champion.

I like Cejudo. Unlike say Colby, you can clearly see he’s messing around with his image. I think it’s comical. I wouldn’t have wanted TJ or Maraes to be the champion.
Yea Triple C can be cringe at times but he seems like a good guy otherwise. Well hopefully he fights either Sterling or Yan first before gifting Aldo a shot. I know Aldo's the name but would be real lame if they give him the shot coming off a loss. Fact is Aldo lost a close decision and even if he got the SD nod I wouldn't be pumped for him jumping the two mentioned above.

Reactions: OTG
I actually don’t mind Cejudo at all

That said tho, he got a shaky decision against DJ, a flash KO against a weight drained Dillashaw, and now the Aldo fight kinda exposed that Moraes seems to have one solid round before he gasses.

He’s still clearly talented but I’m not sold all the way yet. I think Aldo, Yan or Sterling can give him some real problems. Hopefully Sterling and Yan don’t have to knock each other off in a contenders fight.

Cejudo deserves all the praise you could possibly give him but he didn’t dominate dj and he was taken out of commission for a while by moraes

He could definitely lose against a number of guys including those guys I just mentioned

Cejudo the GOAT of combat sports. An Olympic gold medal and 2 ufc belts at the same time. Hell of a resumé. Plus dude survived those California fires by running around barefoot.

Cejudo having fun with his persona. Nothing disrespectful and he is poking fun at hinself as well.

Not getting my hopes up but thinking this can't be any worse than the Khabib-Conor conference.

should be fairly tame... conor sounding somewhat humble and cowboy already in his 'i'm just glad to be here' mode. :lol:

I know it's just an effort to hype up the fight, but Conor looks extra stupid calling Khabib scared. Dude was so far from winning that fight, the trash talk just makes him look desperate and corny

I'm hard on that coke head Conor but in his early days. Like when he was 26 and younger he was a real dynamo. Very fun to watch so skillful. Jus wish he had a coach that coulda prevented the fame from going to his head. Cavanaugh is a yes man to the highest order. Hard to blame him tho. He groomed that cash cow from the womb

Jimmy smith rebuttal to big john

“The important thing to keep in mind here, in his seventh fight of his career, Anderson Silva beat the No. 1 welterweight in the world, Hayato “Mach” Sakurai. I know that seems weird. A lot of you just don’t remember Hayato Sakurai, you don’t remember the early days of the welterweight division, you don’t remember Anderson Silva at 170lbs. I know I’m speaking to an audience that remembers basically his performance at 185lbs in the UFC,” Smith said.

“What most people don’t remember is that (Silva) had a great run at 170 before he went to 185. In his early career, he was briefly the No. 1 welterweight in the world. To me, that by itself invalidates Big John McCarthy’s argument. MVP isn’t in sniffing distance of No. 1 in the world at 170lbs. Anderson Silva was No. 1 in the world when he beat Hayato Sakurai.”

I'm hard on that coke head Conor but in his early days. Like when he was 26 and younger he was a real dynamo. Very fun to watch so skillful. Jus wish he had a coach that coulda prevented the fame from going to his head. Cavanaugh is a yes man to the highest order. Hard to blame him tho. He groomed that cash cow from the womb

That’s for sure about Kavanagh. One of his other fighters said he was basically trash and didn’t really put in any effort during his years with him as a fighter. Kind of equating him to Edmond licking out with talented fighter, but never really teaching or coaching anything.

Back
Top Bottom