The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Honestly if you enjoy UFC you should want Conor to win and be successful. Him losing would not be good for the sport. They need him in order to keep growing. There’s other good fighters but there’s still nobody that comes close to the personality or the draw worldwide as him.

You're out of your depth my man! Stick to Philly sports!

giphy.gif

Honestly if you enjoy UFC you should want Conor to win and be successful. Him losing would not be good for the sport. They need him in order to keep growing. There’s other good fighters but there’s still nobody that comes close to the personality or the draw worldwide as him.

The ufc needs Conor to win in order to keep growing?

Are we still going to be saying this 10 years from now? 20 years from now?

The sport has been fine in his absence, if anything this paper champion nonsense is ruining it

I understand people being blind to the paper champion thing the first time due to hype, but a 2nd time???

Last edited:
You're out of your depth my man! Stick to Philly sports!

giphy.gif

Nope this is facts. Conor draws EVERYONE to watch unlike any other fighter in the entire world currently. The fight game needs him to be relevant, successful and talking his ****...period.

This ain't WWE, no games no gimmick. ****ig fight ..... you're basically trying to please the casual fans that eventually will fade away. So the brand is not being organically grown.

There are plenty of guys that are great .... stop it.

This ain't WWE, no games no gimmick. ****ig fight ..... you're basically trying to please the casual fans that eventually will fade away. So the brand is not being organically grown.

There are plenty of guys that are great .... stop it.

That’s great. There’s plenty of great golfers on the PGA...there’s still not a golfer on earth that’s drawing viewers and a crowd like Tiger. Similar situation here. Conor still has a lot of fighting left in him and I hope he continues putting on shows til there’s a new heir to the throne that can match his entertainment value at least. The buzz for UFC has not been what it was a couple years ago when Conor was last fighting. He can pop off a big, big year for the sport if he wins tomorrow night.

That’s great. There’s plenty of great golfers on the PGA...there’s still not a golfer on earth that’s drawing viewers and a crowd like Tiger. Similar situation here. Conor still has a lot of fighting left in him and I hope he continues putting on shows til there’s a new heir to the throne that can match his entertainment value at least. The buzz for UFC has not been what it was a couple years ago when Conor was last fighting. He can pop off a big, big year for the sport if he wins tomorrow night.

The buzz hasn’t been big for YOU the casual viewer who is only entertained by his shenanigans

From Dana’s own mouth they had their most successful year ever last year

The buzz hasn’t been big for YOU the casual viewer who is only entertained by his shenanigans

From Dana’s own mouth they had their most successful year ever last year

Bro Dana can say whatever the hell he wants to try to appease himself and make his league seem more successful then it really was this past year. The truth is there’s plenty of UFC fighters that are extremely talented and some entertaining ones but NOBODY brings the level of hype that Conor does. Not even close. He was also just saying dumb **** like that and how they didn’t need Conor all year last year to try to get in his head and get Conor’s asking price down to get him back in the cage. Now that he’s back you see Dana slobbing all over him again.

Anytime I read or hear this I know 10/10 there are no actual facts involved :lol:

Tomorrow night will be the most watched UFC fight since Conor’s last fight. You’ll see all the celebrities there at the fight that haven’t been there since he last fought. Your whole timelines on every social media will be filled with McGregor **** win or lose. Khabib-Ferguson is a huge fight but none of this type of coverage and hype from the general public is happening for that fight. And this is with him fighting a 36 year old in his first major headlined PPV fight. What the **** are you dudes not understanding? I’m not saying he’s Muhammad Ali, but you’re an idiot if you don’t want the game to be as popular and successful as it can be. He goes out like Ronda Rousey and that is not good for the sport at all.

Put this in perspective...the most hyped UFC fight over the last year or so from the general public was the BMF fight. You know why that was hyped? Because the general public actually had an interest in Diaz after his McGregor fight. He went from well respected fighter within the UFC circle to a megastar because of Conor. And in turn the same happened to Masvidal after Diaz personally called him out. Without Diaz ever fighting Conor that **** isn’t even the main event on the main card.

Last edited:
McGregor is like tom brady. Yes hes in a different stratosphere but the machine moves along with or without him and overall his impact will be a drop in the bucket.

When is the last time someone mentioned Megatron or Patrick Willis or Andrew Luck to you. I know its apples and oranges but let's go to another sport if Zion never plays a game is the NBA in trouble. Maybe the best analogy would be golf. If Tiger never swings another club... yea it would suck yea, there wouldn't be those MEGA moments but come spring golf fans will still be huddled around their TVs pretending Spieth or McIlroy or Johnson is just as good.

So no, the sport is not better off with him but OBVIOUSLY you'll have less of these mega fights that are all media encompassing. They justtttt proved they didnt need him tho with the BMF fight then Usman/Colby. They have a great product and a great roster. Mcnugget is just icing on the cake

buc em buc em you know you me fellow Philly guy but yeah, you just wrong :lol: UFC don’t need Conor to continue to grow. Yeah he’s great for the sport but new stars are being born everyday. Especially as it becomes more global.

Izzy huge down under. China chick is helping UFC tap into an unknown market. Same with Khabib.

Conor is definitely good for the sport. I understand your Tiger comparison. But neither are NEEDED for the sport to continue to grow. And I say this as an avid MMA fan and a dude who golfs nearly every day :lol:

McGregor is like tom brady. Yes hes in a different stratosphere but the machine moves along with or without him and overall his impact will be a drop in the bucket.

When is the last time someone mentioned Megatron or Patrick Willis or Andrew Luck to you. I know its apples and oranges but let's go to another sport if Zion never plays a game is the NBA in trouble. Maybe the best analogy would be golf. If Tiger never swings another club... yea it would suck yea, there wouldn't be those MEGA moments but come spring golf fans will still be huddled around their TVs pretending Spieth or McIlroy or Johnson is just as good.

So no, the sport is not better off with him but OBVIOUSLY you'll have less of these mega fights that are all media encompassing. They justtttt proved they didnt need him tho with the BMF fight then Usman/Colby. They have a great product and a great roster. Mcnugget is just icing on the cake

As I said, the BMF fight was only even big or possible BECAUSE of Conor making Diaz a star outside of UFC circles. Usman/Covington? C’mon man that ain’t even in the same stratosphere as any Conor fight. I didn’t even care whether I saw that or not.

buc em buc em you know you me fellow Philly guy but yeah, you just wrong :lol: UFC don’t need Conor to continue to grow. Yeah he’s great for the sport but new stars are being born everyday. Especially as it becomes more global.

Izzy huge down under. China chick is helping UFC tap into an unknown market. Same with Khabib.

Conor is definitely good for the sport. I understand your Tiger comparison. But neither are NEEDED for the sport to continue to grow. And I say this as an avid MMA fan and a dude who golfs nearly every day :lol:

When Conor is old and falling off and injured all the time and only good for a good performance every once in a while like Tiger has been over the past 5 or so years or performing like Brady the past year or so then yes I’ll understand that even though Conor brings the ratings the sport doesn’t NEED him. But right now, while he’s still in what should be his prime, the sport does still need him and his personality.

But right now, while he’s still in what should be his prime, the sport does still need him and his personality.

You need to define 'need' because you're making it sound like the UFC is going to be absorbed into CES if Conor hangs em up :lol:

Yeah the UFC went from $600 mil to $1 bil from 2018 to 2019. Obviously a lot of that is the trickle down effect of Conor but yeah, a lot of cats didn't even know if Conor would fight again. So again, the sport doesn't NEED him and it would do just fine. In fact, this the least buzz for a Conor fight in a long time. Especially considering this is his "comeback"

And for the record, Tiger is past the "one good performance every so often" state. Dude is elite. Yeah he's not winning tournaments every week but no one is. The game done changed

You need to define 'need' because you're making it sound like the UFC is going to be absorbed into CES if Conor hangs em up :lol:

Obviously the UFC isn’t just gonna fall to pieces if he stops fighting or falls off but it needs him and his personality in order to generate the most hype it possibly can. At least until the UFC finds their next big marketable megastar.

Back
Top Bottom