The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Can't say I'm surprised if this does go down but Yan and Aljo are getting screwed over. The Aldo-Moraes fight could have gone to Aldo but fact is it didn't. I think the only time you should get a shot coming off a loss is the situation with Romero where the #1 contender gets hurt and/or the division is that shallow which BW definitely isn't right now.

Reactions: OTG
:rofl::rofl:
UFC don't need Conor like they used to. Jorge is a mainstream star in North Americs, Izzy is on the verge of being a star here and already one in the Oceania region, Khabib is a global superstar. They're breeding stars internationally, opening different markets.

It wasn't just Conor making Diaz a star. Diaz made Conor as big a star as Conor did for him. It was definitely a 1A/1B situation.

UFC don't need Conor like they used to. Jorge is a mainstream star in North Americs, Izzy is on the verge of being a star here and already one in the Oceania region, Khabib is a global superstar. They're breeding stars internationally, opening different markets.

It wasn't just Conor making Diaz a star. Diaz made Conor as big a star as Conor did for him. It was definitely a 1A/1B situation.

yep

that aura of invincibility left conor when khabib was standing over him dropping bombs, no "out of my weight class" excuses there

The UFC and even Bellator and the rest of MMA have the success they have today because of Ronda Rousey, Conor McGregor and ESPN ....... PERIOD.

This is not debatable.

None of them are superstars like Conor tho, i mean Khabib you can say is in the Muslim World, Weili has potential of opening a market in China. I think currently it still goes 1) Conor 2) Khabib 3) Nate Diaz. Stylebender is my favorite fighter and has potential to be a top star but not quite there yet

This is probably one of the dumbest statements in any sport that I’ve ever seen. This is like saying Andre Iguodala made Steph Curry a superstar.

Honestly if you enjoy UFC you should want Conor to win and be successful. Him losing would not be good for the sport. They need him in order to keep growing. There’s other good fighters but there’s still nobody that comes close to the personality or the draw worldwide as him.

Bro u like 4 years late to the party LOL

thats cute though i remember when I first got into the UFC

Wow she missed by 5.5 lbs!? Considering Grasso missed back in 2017 and lost 3 of her last 5 this could lead to her getting cut. I may be in the minority but was actually looking forward to this fight with Claudia.

I wouldn't say Conor made Nate a star or vice versa.

Conor has mainstream international appeal because he's white, Irish and obnoxious. Diaz didn't do that.

Nate (and Nick) have both been household names in MMA circles for well over a decade, and are probably much more respected than Conor. Conor didn't cause that.

Nate may be more well known to the casual fan because of those fights, but I wouldn't say it catapulted him to being a "star" in the same way Conor is a star.

Last edited:
Nate went from making 20k/20k to making millions but Conor didn't make him a star...?

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom