The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

you very clearly havent the slightest clue what youre talking about, though.

His pay is 5 million for the fight . Lmaooo what are you saying . You don’t think Jones is asking for some of the ppv buys ? That 10 m is without the ppv buys . He’s gonna ask for a percentage . Dustin even got a percentage out the Connor fight . I’m out this thread . In his past 15 fights he’s got a ppv percentage he’s getting a percentage this time plus the 10 mill . Delusional for sure you guys are .

it’s hard to sit here and debate pay when we don’t even know how much these guys are ACTUALLY getting paid

main event always earn ALOT more than just their reported base pay, some guys get win bonues some guys get PPV points + gate shares + whatever else back end comes from promoting the fight. That stuff adds up big time and goes unreported.

I’ve touched on this before but jones has came out and said he earns around $5Ms per fights (google it, its out there) I’m not sure what his base pay is, but I imagine it to be somewhere around 500k.

So if he is taking home 5M a fight the MAJORITY of the money is made on the “back end” somewhere, PPV points, gate, official ufc endorsements....I’m sure everyone’s contracts are structured differently but this gives you an idea of how much guys really get paid. I would imagine the ufc doesn’t disclose these numbers because they are unique to the individuals headlining the card.

I remember conor saying he got around 25M’s (google it, its out there) for the alvarez fight...I believe he got 1M to show, so again the BACK END is HUGE.

10 mil ain’t a bag ? Top 3 fight pay Ever if not the most ever . Yes he got underpaid for most of his career but his ppv buys ain’t a lot and he only targets the American audience . His last two fights sub par. He’s not even APPEARED in the top 20 Most ppv buys in his whole entire career and his international viewership ain’t high

Connor just got 3-5 million for fighting Dustin and he draws way more than Jones

for them to offer double that and still a lowball
Offer

I don’t think anyone got a 8-10 mill offer
Bro .. you use a matriz of Kahbib that has never done nimbers besides the Connor fight .. then followed by ... other countries PPV numbers arw not disclosed ...

Yet you want to limit JBJ to US numbers .....

Jones has the highest PPV outaide the ones I mentioned ... undoubtedly he is also selling in other countries ... europe / asia / Latin America .. stop it.

Even the offer of 10 million tells you, he ia grossing money for the UFC ....

More than generate money for the UFC....

jon was birthed under the UFC banner and helped legitimize the companies reputation as the best of best.

his value to the company goes beyond how much he has earned for them, it’s the preformances, records and greatness he has sustained for 10+ years....he’s an icon like Rhonda or Chuck......can’t treat your icons like doormats not a good look.

Bro .. you use a matriz of Kahbib that has never done nimbers besides the Connor fight .. then followed by ... other countries PPV numbers arw not disclosed ...

Yet you want to limit JBJ to US numbers .....

Jones has the highest PPV outaide the ones I mentioned ... undoubtedly he is also selling in other countries ... europe / asia / Latin America .. stop it.

Even the offer of 10 million tells you, he ia grossing money for the UFC ....

what don’t u understand other countries don’t offer ppv numbers u don’t get lol . They can’t buy the paper view it’s not like the USA where u pay 65 dollars to watch it . How many times do I got to repeat that . Khabib has 10 million fans watching his fights in Russia they don’t use ppv . This has been confirmed by Russian news channels and websites . Khabibs last two fights have been in Dubai to target the whole European Audience is That something you don’t realize ????? Starts at 2 o’clock in America night time for the whole other side of the world .Most of his fans come outside of the United States . He targets the whole world . Dana knows khabib is one of the biggest international superstars in all sports . Is Dana giving free money out ? Why is khabib getting paid big bucks ? Why is Conor getting big bucks . They generate more money each fight . Jon been getting schemed his whole ufc career which I don’t deny but the biggest ufc pay 10m which is double more than he ever made . 10 million does not include back ends such as gates ppv percentage endorsements .
If Jon wants boxing money go fight wilder instead of tweeting . And to think people in this chat were thinking Jones was getting offered 1 to 5 million to take this fight .

what don’t u understand other countries don’t offer ppv numbers u don’t get lol . They can’t buy the paper view it’s not like the USA where u pay 65 dollars to watch it . How many times do I got to repeat that . Khabib has 10 million fans watching his fights in Russia they don’t use ppv . This has been confirmed by Russian news channels and websites . Khabibs last two fights have been in Dubai to target the whole European Audience is That something you don’t realize ????? Starts at 2 o’clock in America night time for the whole other side of the world .Most of his fans come outside of the United States . He targets the whole world . Dana knows khabib is one of the biggest international superstars in all sports . Is Dana giving free money out ? Why is khabib getting paid big bucks ? Why is Conor getting big bucks . They generate more money each fight . Jon been getting schemed his whole ufc career which I don’t deny but the biggest ufc pay 10m which is double more than he ever made . 10 million does not include back ends such as gates ppv percentage endorsements .
If Jon wants boxing money go fight wilder instead of tweeting . And to think people in this chat were thinking Jones was getting offered 1 to 5 million to take this fight .
You need to take a chill pill buddy ...
Maybe sit your *** down ...

When I said I goofed, I meant that I didnt take account overseas stardom... yes he has Russia to back him, just like Connor has Ireland and all his countrymem state side.

But lets talk about your points which are completely proving my point ...

Kahbib stardom is no where near Jones in the US or western hemisphere for that .. hence the reason they have to make it overseas ....

Jons PPV buys is not indicative of who all is watching.... they dont need to take Jons on a road trip to make money ...

The biggest money MAKERS Connor and Rousey had most if not all of their fights statewide .... why? Because no matter what everyone will watch ...

All the big Boxing matches, where have they been? Thats right because this is where they generate all the money at ..

Ill give you 1 thing ... Kahbib is more popular around the world than the US ... but Jons if he fight Francis or if he was fighting names during COVID would be pulling more money.... and yes he is more pupular in the sport world wide than Kahbib ....

Again, offering 10 million of the rip tells you how much money he pulls .... or like you put it .. you think Dana is giving money away?

Clown .....

Last edited:
You need to take a chill pill buddy ...
Maybe sit your *** down ...

When I said I goofed, I meant that I didnt take account overseas stardom... yes he has Russia to back him, just like Connor has Ireland and all his countrymem state side.

But lets talk about your points which are completely proving my point ...

Kahbib stardom is no where near Jones in the US or western hemisphere for that .. hence the reason they have to make it overseas ....

Jons PPV buys is not indicative of who all is watching.... they dont need to take Jons on a road trip to make money ...

The biggest money MAKERS Connor and Rousey had most if not all of their fights statewide .... why? Because no matter what everyone will watch ...

All the big Boxing matches, where have they been? Thats right because this is where they generate all the money at ..

Ill give you 1 thing ... Kahbib is popular around the world ... but Jons if he fight Francis or if he was fighting names durong COVID would be pulling more money.... and yes he is more pupular in the sport world wide than Kahbib ....

Again, offering 10 million of the rip tells you how much money he pulls .... or like you put it .. you think Dana is giving money away?

Clown .....

Ur delusional bro he’s begging khabib to come back but has no problem letting Jon not fight Ur the clown how dumb can u be no one overseas is watching the UFC it’s not on their timing No one overseas is tuning in at 8 am in the morning to watch Jones fight . How many fans in Europe are waking up at 8 to watch Jones fight ? Khabib has the whole Middle East tuning in ? Ur dumb as hell saying he has to travel . Khabib 28 million followers on ig
Jones 5 .5 . International superstar . Dana knows big money comes internationally and guess who targets that not Jones buddy . I’m off this thread . I’m doing to much typing like buddy Jones on Twitter

Ur delusional bro he’s begging khabib to come back but has no problem letting Jon not fight Ur the clown how dumb can u be no one overseas is watching the UFC it’s not on their timing No one overseas is tuning in at 8 am in the morning to watch Jones fight . How many fans in Europe are waking up at 8 to watch Jones fight ? Khabib has the whole Middle East tuning in ? Ur dumb as hell saying he has to travel . Khabib 28 million followers on ig
Jones 5 .5 . International superstar . Dana knows big money comes internationally and guess who targets that not Jones buddy . I’m off this thread . I’m doing to much typing like buddy Jones on Twitter
LoL .... I thought you was gone from this thread ...

But just reading your reply ... dumb? Stupid? Relax ....

So no one watches UFC overseas outside Connor or Kahbib???

Canelo made 365 million for 11 fights = 8 million IG followera .. I guess Kahbib is making more ...

If Overseas was pulling in all the money, why not constantly take your show overseas?

Is pointless arguing with you ... 🙄 keep doing you .... thinking that Dana will let JBJ walk ..... Buahahaha but yet Im dumb and stupid 🤣

I'm still waiting for this highly intellectual person to name his biggest 3 fight in UFC history .... and why?

This un-dilusional individual is very clear that Francis vs JBJ is NOT one of them.

But 10 million for not one of the biggest fight?

Yet people are dumb and stupid. Glad we have such an intelligent person to educate us.

n0ybbi2q5eq61.jpg

Name a bigger fight besides Jones vs Francis that could take place this year?

please someone feel free to correct me if I’m forgetting any other blockbuster fight that could top it

Poirer x mcgregor 3 is up there

But your right, I mean first it was Jones vs Stylebender as potentially the biggest PPV now it’s Jones vs Ngannu🤔

common denominator is Jones.

We can sit here and bash uncle dana all we want but promotion and negotiation tactics aside......he ALWAYS make the big fights happen. This aint boxing.

Dana always does this, he plays hardball for a while...tries to bend guys as far as they will and then he ends up making a deal.

I think the timing is the issue though, it may be benificial to give them both another fight first to build hype towards their eventual clash....dana going to try and MAXIMIZE earning potential on this fight FOR SURE.

conor vs dustin
dana can always go with the conor vs nate

dana will make it happen. he better hope derrick lewis doesn't KO his cash cow :lol:

Name a bigger fight besides Jones vs Francis that could take place this year?

please someone feel free to correct me if I’m forgetting any other blockbuster fight that could top it
mcrapist still has people tuning in and I wouldn't be surprised if his third fight with poirier would get more buys.

You have to give it to Josie, he still on that push for the belt. I swear it seemed like he was just wanting to finish out his contract so he could box. Then all of a sudden he not only stays in MMA but he moves down to 135.... and does pretty damn good

That's truly insane if you think about it, having a long career with hard cuts to 45 and then all of a sudden cutting to 35 and competing with the best

“We ended the [Vera] fight last year and asked for Dillashaw and Garbrandt and now I have none,” Jose Aldo said. “I’m on the dance floor without a dancing partner [laughs]. But we’ve been asking for Dominick Cruz for a while now and that’s a fight everybody asks for. We’re expecting to fight him. But I don’t know if it will happen, right?”

“I’ll always see myself as a title contender, there’s no escape,” Jose Aldo continued. “Becoming the champion is all I think since the moment I moved down to this division. I’m ranked No. 5 now and I want to fight more often. You can be sure that sooner or later we’ll grab that belt.”

Y’all know that Jones isn’t going to be exciting in a fight with Ngannou either way, right? Look at how he fought his last few fights against blown up middleweights. He will be on his bike all night, he damn sure can’t finish Ngannou.

Give him a disclosed purse of $2-3mil and whatever a reasonable backend is. Get it done and send Jon on to Bellator.

Jones is a name, but he’s definitely not known to be an exciting fighter recently.

Aldo was giving Yan some good work early in that fight, I don't know if he slowed down in the late rounds due to age, the cut, or Yan was just better.

But I don't see him touching that Bantamweight belt unless he gets a more favorable matchup (maybe Sterling?). And even then he has to fight his way back to the title shot which might be pretty tough, 135 is getting pretty deep now. On top of the wild card of Cejudo returning and getting an immediate title shot.

Gotta respect the fact that Aldo is still competing at a high level this deep into his career, but any title aspirations might be a bit of a pipe dream at this point

Y’all know that Jones isn’t going to be exciting in a fight with Ngannou either way, right? Look at how he fought his last few fights against blown up middleweights. He will be on his bike all night, he damn sure can’t finish Ngannou.

Give him a disclosed purse of $2-3mil and whatever a reasonable backend is. Get it done and send Jon on to Bellator.

Jones is a name, but he’s definitely not known to be an exciting fighter recently.

The only exciting thing I'd expect to see from Jones is him getting knocked out. If he can actually control Francis with wrestling or he runs the whole time it'll definitely be trash.

That said, Mayweather didn't always have the most exciting fights but people bought it because 1. They knew he was the best in the world and 2. They wanted to see him lose. Jones is no Mayweather as far as box office, but he still hits those two requirements. And Francis has that must see knockout puncher thing going. It'll definitely sell.

Dana should just cut the check and call it a day. Everyone wants this fight.

Biggest fights this year?

Masvidal vs Usman 2 (I put the A side first)

McGregor vs Porier 3

possible biggest fights:

Jones vs Adesanya

Jones vs Ngannou

Jon got two very high profile fights he could take. They could make the company a large gate, Million+ PPVs. Not sure about the 10 Milli pay check...

I mean Izzy and Jon could do huge numbers based on the history and beef.

I don't see Izzy going up again this year and don't see Jones coming down anytime soon. Please make Jones Francis happen.

LOL at Masvidal being the A side in the rematch. Dude got washed the first fight and continues to act like he didn’t train for the fight. Dude trained for that fight, he knew about it for months and was playing a game to get paid. He’s getting 50-43ed again.

Usman has improved a lot and looks better with each fight under Wittman’s training.

Usman might have a boring personality, but the cringe of MAGA Masvidal is tired.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom