The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Real cause of injury likely Jones can’t handle the kickback from the guns in his cosplay activities.

Stipe better still get his fight. Jones trying to wait til Stipe is 45.

Once again, we have another event with a major fight coordinated on two weeks notice. Hopefully, Pavlovich and Aspinall been training. With HW, it's not a big deal to cut.

I was gonna say too, how did they have the cameras rolling during the session? But it occurred to me they probably do have cameras for all his sessions for feedback and just snipped this to verify to the UFC.

I wouldn’t be surprised when he’s back, he’s yoked to the gills….

spoiler alert?

That JBJ footage looks a little dubious. UFC hasn't ever shown training footage that leads to an injury before.

I'm okay with Pavlovich vs Aspinall for the interim as a replacement. Still a good card on paper.
I was gonna say too, how did they have the cameras rolling during the session? But it occurred to me they probably do have cameras for all his sessions for feedback and just snipped this to verify to the UFC.

I wouldn’t be surprised when he’s back, he’s yoked to the gills….

One minute, my man is doing pull ups with a bullet proof vest, an assault rifle and military garb. But then he's doing some wrestling in a position that didn't seem bad an wham, injured.

Stipe should just retire.

I was really looking forward to seeing Jon fight someone with decent TDD and then possibly one more fight next year, though I could have seen him retiring after the Stipe fight.

This interim title fight is a good one though and hopefully both guys have been staying ready in case there name was to get called for a short notice fight. If they are still trying to make Jon-Stipe for next year it would be a slap in the face to call it the HW title fight and have an interim holder just waiting it out.

Sean Strickland needs therapy.

One day he will be out of the fight game, with nothing to do, and the way he moves around he will get himself in trouble.

You can only be a POS **** for so long before life checks you.

Damb, I didn't even play the Dana video-- they actually released the footage themselves lol

People been saying Oliveria found a way out of the Islam fight but idk if I could say the same thing about Jon lol. Unless there's some other reason like positive test or something of that nature going on
The thing is why would Jon want a way out of this - stipe is literally at his last fight he’s 43 / I was expecting a 1st round finish by Jon again

I hope it isn’t roids and just the injury because the man doesn’t even need them PED anymore
Giving 🐐 bones benefit of the doubt

That JBJ footage looks a little dubious. UFC hasn't ever shown training footage that leads to an injury before.

I'm okay with Pavlovich vs Aspinall for the interim as a replacement. Still a good card on paper.
I’m expecting they set up stipe vs whoever wins this interim bout than Jon fights to unify the belt when he comes back

I don’t think stipe has until end of next year to still fight man’s gonna be 45

He’s gotta be doing this on purpose right

I always root for the underdogs in these extreme mismatches
But man ngannou got no business in there with fury - expecting Francis to gas after the second round and fury just lights him up

Props to Francis for making all the money in the world off this fight though . I hope we see him in the ufc again

I feel like Francis is going to blow is wad in the first couple of rounds and then get outboxed the rest of the fight. I feel like there is no hype on this fight at all. I was more into the Danis vs Paul fight then this.

He looks decent for someone who probably just started boxing. He does look a lil slow and winded.

I was going to ask this the other day. Fury's last fight was against a 38 Derek Chisora, who had fought professionally 45 times prior (two times against Fury).

That fight ended in a ref stoppage. I pray the ref has mercy on Francis once the punches in bunches come. I'd hate for there to be permanent damage to Francis a la when the great Muhammed Ali fought Antonio Inoki.

I'm just glad Francis getting a bag, Tyson likely toys with him in the first few rounds to get Francis to gas. Fury then probably gets a TKO in the later rounds.

This is nothing like Ali-Inoki which was a freak show and they allowed Inoki to do leg kicks with one knee on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom