The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

devastated about the jones vs stipe news

8 month recovery for Jon 💀

83u1aw.jpg

Props to Francis for making all the money in the world off this fight though . I hope we see him in the ufc again

Thats really what it's all about honestly. Francis already won. It dont even matter if he loses the fight (which he most definitely will), the victory was in getting this fight booked and getting his big payday. Everyone doubted he could get his boxing match against Fury and he did it.

If Stipe retires, his legacy sort of looks better rather than just losing to Jon Jones before he retires. Of course he has a slim chance of winning but waiting 8 months to fight again just seems brutal. The last time he fought was March of 2021. That’s insane.

If Stipe retires, his legacy sort of looks better rather than just losing to Jon Jones before he retires. Of course he has a slim chance of winning but waiting 8 months to fight again just seems brutal. The last time he fought was March of 2021. That’s insane.

He got sent to the shadow realm against Francis. I don’t see coming back 3 years later to face any number of killers being a better fight for him

For anyone who cares about the real and true journalism of the sport, Karim is the gold standard. Great interview on the Saudi deal and everything else with sports in that region. Can't recommend his Bloody Elbow column enough, definitely worth the subscription.

Last edited:
I'm just glad Francis getting a bag, Tyson likely toys with him in the first few rounds to get Francis to gas. Fury then probably gets a TKO in the later rounds.

This is nothing like Ali-Inoki which was a freak show and they allowed Inoki to do leg kicks with one knee on the ground.
You're right. It could be worse lol. I'm glad he's getting the bag.

Ankalaev and Walker turning around and have to do a cut again in two weeks. I'm interested if they'll do it.

I feel like this Jon Jones quote applies to Stipe as well when discussing fighting the up and comers

“They’re starching people in the first round. But as I get older, I have to look at it as a business and not just speak out of pride, but speak as my legacy and as a business. If the hardcore fans know who these guys are, that’s great. But at the end of the day I have to fight people that the mainstream public is going to be excited about. Because when you’re in my position, there’s always going to be this new challenge that’s younger than you that everyone wants to see you do it one more time.”

I think both in their risk/reward assessment feel there’s much less to gain legacy and money wise and more to lose in terms of legacy fighting these dudes than fighting one another.

Hope Kape ain't booked against Perez again. Maybe he got the Albazi fight hopefully for next contender.

Hope Kape ain't booked against Perez again. Maybe he got the Albazi fight hopefully for next contender.
I’m thinking it’s Albazi since his last fight was beating France

But at the same time idk if they wanna eliminate contenders like this

So I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Moreno

The Perez thing is cursed they need to stay away from it. Have no clue where dude is I seen he competed in a grappling match in June after his seizure

I’m thinking it’s Albazi since his last fight was beating France

But at the same time idk if they wanna eliminate contenders like this

So I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Moreno

The Perez thing is cursed they need to stay away from it. Have no clue where dude is I seen he competed in a grappling match in June after his seizure
A Moreno fight would be fire man, but I don't think Kape is ready for that fight. He could definitely turn up his "heelness" if he does his usual crazy pre fight antics with Moreno though :lol:

For anyone who cares about the real and true journalism of the sport, Karim is the gold standard. Great interview on the Saudi deal and everything else with sports in that region. Can't recommend his Bloody Elbow column enough, definitely worth the subscription.

Didn’t catch this yet but someone called in about it on Mike heck’s show just now

He said this journalist was saying Vegas will be obsolete in 5-10 years due to the Middle East dynamic and potentially similar destination areas that pay them well

Super interesting

Didn’t catch this yet but someone called in about it on Mike heck’s show just now

He said this journalist was saying Vegas will be obsolete in 5-10 years due to the Middle East dynamic and potentially similar destination areas that pay them well

Super interesting
While I do agree with most of what he said, I think it's important to note that Vegas is still getting the big boxing events this year (Spence/Crawford,Tank/Garcia). To be honest, I think Fury would've fought Usyk in Vegas if he didn't have sanctions on him for the Irish mob ties.

The UFC and MMA in general I think will hold true to that statement more. They have way more international champs and stars than they do Americans.

While I do agree with most of what he said, I think it's important to note that Vegas is still getting the big boxing events this year (Spence/Crawford,Tank/Garcia). To be honest, I think Fury would've fought Usyk in Vegas if he didn't have sanctions on him for the Irish mob ties.

The UFC and MMA in general I think will hold true to that statement more. They have way more international champs and stars than they do Americans.
Mike heck said boxing was going to be going through extreme changes sooner than mma (ufc)

I don’t know how much he really knows about boxing though lol

Actually I tend to agree that the ufc could really become even more global. Have to admit Dana probably has a soft spot for Vegas and places like Boston and other cities but once that money comes rolling in…

It’ll be interesting to see who replaces Dana as well— that person might be more open to just putting shows wherever pays the most money

With the Saudi deal— that’ll be telling as well

Back
Top Bottom