The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

It was a joke man saying DJ was P4P, you tellin me to relax saying I know it all, it seems like you can use some of your own advice

You can't tell me if he fought a better opponent, say DC or Rumble that you would have been comfortable with Jones pulling out the W. That's all I'm saying, he didn't put on his usual performance. When he fought DC I knew for a fact he was the best fighter in the world. He might have approached the fight how he usually does, but that =/= performance

Bruh you literally come in this thread acting like you know it all. I've talked to you about this in the past. Every time you interact with someone, it's to either correct them or disagree with them

If he fought rumble, it would have been a much better fight. I think he was waiting for OSP to push the pace and be aggressive and that's what he planned for.

Jones literally did anything he wanted in there, he just held back and played it ultra conservative. Why risk damage or injury and not be able to compete in two months at 200?

did somebody say jones finishes his opponents?
roll.gif
Just read his wiki 
laugh.gif

Bruh you literally come in this thread acting like you know it all. I've talked to you about this in the past. Every time you interact with someone, it's to either correct them or disagree with them

If he fought rumble, it would have been a much better fight. I think he was waiting for OSP to push the pace and be aggressive and that's what he planned for.

Jones literally did anything he wanted in there, he just held back and played it ultra conservative. Why risk damage or injury and not be able to compete in two months at 200?
You literally talk the same way just with a different opinion. I'm not correcting you, I'm telling you my opinion, just like you told your's. Don't take it personal, I never make it personal unless someone does it first. Check my posts

You literally talk the same way just with a different opinion. I'm not correcting you, I'm telling you my opinion, just like you told your's. Don't take it personal, I never make it personal unless someone does it first. Check my posts
Okay Bruh, whatever you say :lol: let me chill.

and how recently those fights take place

The better question is that at what point in their careers were these opponents?

This dude got machida with a standing ******* guillotine :lol: he got vitor with the Americana after he got his arm hyperextended.

And TKOd shogun at age ******* 23

The greatest fighter who's ever lived idc idc idc idc :pimp: :pimp:

im just correcting what you said... MM has had more finishes over the past few years than Jon even though he's made out to be so decision oriented.

Last edited:
Now that my Jones stanism is out of the way, I'll try and assess it objectively.

Jones controlled the entire fight and did whatever he wanted. But he lacked that killer instinct we all know he possesses.

If I were to make "excuses" for the dude, I think he respected OSPs power a little too much. I also think he wanted to minimize damage and get to UFC200 vs DC safely.

With that being said, he will not beat DC or rumble playing conservative like that. I also don't think he will fight like that either. I feel like that was his and jacksons game plan all all along.

there was some pressure on jones with this fight. The comeback, fighting OSP. Simply put, he prolly just didn't want to **** it up :lol:

But yeah he def needs to be more aggressive. I think he possesses all the tools already to beat anybody and everyone on LHW, he just had to take advantage of those missed opportunities in the octagon

It's not his fault, and it's not necessarily fair to hold it against him, but it is a little wild that Jones never looks as amazing against dudes that can match his size.

Having said that, just off strength of opponents it's hard to argue against Jones. MM is nasty though. Joe Rogan exaggerates alot, but that dude might be all around the most skilled in mma.

im just correcting what you said... MM has had more finishes over the past few years than Jon even though he's made out to be so decision oriented.

I stand corrected, let me take the L.

But career wise, jones has 15 vs MM 14 :wink: while MM had fought more fights.

But yeah I feel you homie

It's not his fault, and it's not necessarily fair to hold it against him, but it is a little wild that Jones never looks as amazing against dudes that can match his size.

Having said that, just off strength of opponents it's hard to argue against Jones. MM is nasty though. Joe Rogan exaggerates alot, but that dude might be all around the most skilled in mma.
I agree with the strength of opponents part. Flyweight is a fairly new division. But I don't think that should necessarily be held against DJ. He's just literally running through everyone they put through him

I wanna see MM break Silvas record but there's legit no one left :lol:

He's gon wash Benevidez again?

I think once he gets the record he's either retiring or dropping the belt to move up to 135 again.

How do y'all view the future of the flyweight division? Does it still exist after MM?

Jones coulda ended it in the 3rd but looked like he was trying to get some practice in. Most impressed with MM tho. Wasn't even close v Olympic champion. Pettis is my boy but complained after Alvarez fight he was held down and wanted a stand up fight. Well.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom