The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Jones coulda ended it in the 3rd but looked like he was trying to get some practice in. Most impressed with MM tho. Wasn't even close v Olympic champion. Pettis is my boy but complained after Alvarez fight he was held down and wanted a stand up fight. Well.....

Yeah I'm real sad about Pettis but I'll be real. He got out struck by another striker. He's gotta go down to 145 IMO. These guys at LW are too strong for him

It's all speculation but I really think jones wanted it to go to the championship rounds. He wanted that 5 round fight practice. He wanted the conditioning and the preparation.

I've been saying for awhile Pettis would be a better contender at 145 and maybe his only option now. Still no ground game. Just being technical but at 125 lbs wouldn't MM be best lb 4 lb??

Jones coulda ended it in the 3rd but looked like he was trying to get some practice in. Most impressed with MM tho. Wasn't even close v Olympic champion. Pettis is my boy but complained after Alvarez fight he was held down and wanted a stand up fight. Well.....

Yeah I'm real sad about Pettis but I'll be real. He got out struck by another striker. He's gotta go down to 145 IMO. These guys at LW are too strong for him

It's all speculation but I really think jones wanted it to go to the championship rounds. He wanted that 5 round fight practice. He wanted the conditioning and the preparation.

jones was really down after the fight. think he tried to finish but just couldnt. the first couple rds was a feeling out, but he played it safe tonight

I agree with the strength of opponents part. Flyweight is a fairly new division. But I don't think that should necessarily be held against DJ. He's just literally running through everyone they put through him

Nah for sure, and I don't even think MM comp has been weak, but Jones has just run through hall of famers like it's nothing, + Cormier who was an olympic wrestler and a legit problem at heavyweight. Hard to argue against that.

Just watched the presser. Jones admitted that he was playing it cautious and just wanted to win the fight to get to DC, even if it was a ****** fight :lol:

tried to tell cats about pettis...:smh:

he need to look to 45 now, even then I dont think he want it with frankie or aldo....

Yair doe :smokin :smokin :smokin

card was dope, my leg hurts after watching osp take al them damn oblique kicks

jones looked good though, lol effortless *** win

DC mad he didnt get "ring rust jones" :rofl:

goldberg pulled his card hella quick :lol:

That's the way jones has always fought tho.... Picking his opponent apart over the course of the fight.

Obviously not his best performance but I feel like he wanted to go to the championship rounds to prep for DC

Damn y'all really slandering Jon like that :lol: it's ONE fight and you know he's more capable than that.

Glad someone gets it.

Some of the responses in here are outlandish.

For all the Jones slander in here, I don't think I've seen one person mention how OSP fought as a factor in how the fight went down.

Dude barely engaged. You're not always going to get a barnburner when that happens.

They went from prepping for an orthodox fighter. To prepping for a southpaw. To then fighting a southpaw fighting orthodox, so the power hand isn't where you trained for it to be.

You guys do realize Jones still won every round and one judge scored it 50-44?

The over reaction in here is outer limits :lol:

Last edited:
I cant believe people slandering JJ. He obviously had ring rust. If you look at the end of the first round he looked kinda gassed honestly. He controlled the whole fight and even though it was a boring fight compared to his other ones, he was the one pushing the pace and he was the one advancing the whole time. OSP had a lot to do with that fight being boring

osp looked awful. God awful. Jones picked him apart but that isn't sayin much. He utilized his kicks and reach very well which kept osp out of his the wheelhouse

Jones takedowns were very impressive though especially considering it was late in the fight

It was a good warmup fight for jones because you can say jones was game planning for DC, which was the reason he looked the way he did, but I'm nervous DC would have squeaked out a decision if they fought last night

Jones is saying all the right things so I'm hopeful he shuts down DC again

Last edited:
What a boring card man ...

I can't believe Petti is so washed. No sense of urgency and lack of motivation in the ring. Didn't show anything to warrant a high level fight next time.

OSP, good Lord this dude sucks ... For a minute I wasn't sure if he was Kimbo or Dada with them slow as punches.

Jones played it safe setting his big pay day .... No reason to get careless with a trash dude like OSP ... Get your rounds in and win easily ....

Jones did look impressive with his take downs. With his Greco Roman background, an overwhelming majority of his takedowns usually come from tripping in the clinch.

Dude picked up OSP like it was nothing and carried him across the octagon before slamming him. I think his newfound strength will help him develop different styles and techniques to incorporate into his wrestling

I can't wait man, were truly witnessing greatness in front of our eyes :pimp:

What is wrong with pettis smh. I want to give Edson all the credit in the world but honestly he beat a shell of the pettis we know. Edson was sharp no doubt though

I wonder what they do with Barboza at this point. He's lost against Ferguson, Johnson and cowboy.. Sherdog is suggesting chisea, idk. Be dope to see Nate come back to 155 and fight him

Not until he beats Cruz in a rematch.

Which he won't be able to do IMO. Size difference too great.
I was joking. Jones is the goat IMO and still #1

Mighty Mouse has gained more and more respect with every fight. It's not his fault the competition isn't the greatest but that is what I feel. It takes away from his case IMO

Last edited:
I was joking. Jones is the goat IMO and still #1

Mighty Mouse has gained more and more respect with every fight. It's not his fault the competition isn't the greatest but that is what I feel. It takes away from his case IMO

Yeah I enjoy watching DJ do his thing. Great fighter and will go down as a HOFer and one of the greatest to ever grace the octagon.

Can't stand folks who say they don't like watching flyweights or namely DJ b/c they're too small. Most of the folks that say that are casual types that don't even know how to throw a proper jab.

He just blew an olympic gold medalist out of the water like it was NOTHING. That's unbelievable.

I don't like him but it's true, JBJ is the GOAT already.

Last edited:
Not this again lol

I tend to think pettis either was on peds and/or rda snatched his soul. He's always been terrible at take down defense

You don't finish cowboy, bendo and Gilbert by not being that good. His wave seems to have run its course though

Yeah, he had a pretty nice run.. just too short.

I 100% believe RDA took his soul. This was supposed to be his fight.. fighting someone who was not gonna go for a takedown and he can shine on the feet. 

Back
Top Bottom