The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Those athletic commissions are stubborn and run by jackasses. Perfect example is how they handled the nick diaz case.

This and the fact that he strolled in 30 min late 
pimp.gif

Dude really is on another level

"I'm cool with all the Gods because Gods recognize Gods"

"I deposit my check and convert it all to Euros"

Last edited:
There are probably way more quotes too. This guy passed up Chael LONG ago

“I will behead Rafael dos Anjos. I will drag his head through the streets of Rio de Janeiro. Through a parade of people, I’d imagine. It will become a national holiday.”
“This man across from me has a title. He has nothing else but that. He is a free-TV fighter.”
“I put him in that seat. I tell him what to do…. You’re here because I put you here.”
“I see a gazelle up here, limping.”
“We’re sending Rafael on a four-day media run throughout Brazil in a couple of weeks, and we’ve got to book him a hotel. I’ve got to book him a hotel in his own home country. That should tell you all you need to know. He will never step off a plane and receive a hero’s welcome in the country of Brazil.”
“I’ll be fresh after [UFC] 197. I believe I will dust Rafael inside one minute. He is a slower, sloppier version of Aldo. He’s like a bum version of Aldo.”
“You can talk about your wins and losses, but at the end of the day you’ve tasted that darkness of being KO’d stiff, and you will taste it again on March 5th.”
“I can only imagine the state Rafael is in coming back-to-back [weight] cuts…. Just looking at him, he’s aged 25 years in the last two weeks.”
“He’s 5-foot-8 with a 70-inch reach. I’m 5-foot-9 with a 74-inch reach. I’m the bigger man. I’m going to bully this man in his own division.”
“You stay quiet while I speak. I’m the king.“
“This is a superfight. I look up on that poster, I see myself tucked in the back there. I see a guy, his last gate was $1.7 million. He fought on free TV. He’s never brought a dime to the company. He’s never made a dime, yet he is sitting there on the front of my poster. I think that’s a department that needs to be looked at. Somebody’s sleeping on the job.”
“I’m speaking Spanish. I’m dressed like El Chapo in his prime. I’m running this company…. I’m up here verbally destroying this man. I am a multicultured individual.”

“Steaks every day for me. Steaks for breakfast. Steaks for lunch. Steaks for brunch. Grass-fed, massaged. Beef. All day long.”
“Me and Jesus are cool. I’m cool with all the gods. Gods recognize gods.”
“2015 was my year. 2016 is also my year. Every year is my [expletive] year.”
“I come in here, I cash checks and I transfer them into Euro, and head back to my home country with all the money.”
“I am out on my own. I am in a league of my own. The game… the game is on its knees. The game must hold seminars every weekend to pay for the training costs, and I’m out here rallying around California in a car that spits fire, dressed like El Chapo, with anacondas on my feet.”

“Your kids names are Bob and Donald. Why are you raising American children? You have no home in Brazil. We have to book you a hotel.”

“He better get his facts straight before I go in and buy that gym.”

“Floyd needs to learn before he opens his mouth. I take from all cultures… Mayweather put me in that bracket and I didn’t appreciate that. There are people buried in the desert for less than that.”

Last edited:
i love this dude conor lol

Bought my tickets today, got my flight booked and the hotel booked. Cannot wait for another Vegas trip

whole rda traitor gimmick is straight from chael vs andy...dude speaking espanol not portugese, he did it before too....clown

He's already well beyond Chael's elementary ways and if anyone takes what he says seriously well, they're doing it wrong

Conor knows how to get folks in their feels doesn't he

He's already well beyond Chael's elementary ways and if anyone takes what he says seriously well, they're doing it wrong

Conor knows how to get folks in their feels doesn't he
na i find chael more entertaining all day

this guy is annoying and its not what he's saying that i have an issue with, its the things like interrupting rda everytime he's asked a question or pumpfaking in staredowns...dude's a clown and yall entertained by him

If he tries to grab rda's belt, rda should push him off the stage. You shouldn't tolerate all the disrespect whether it's for show or not.

this is going to be Connors biggest test rda is a guy you can't sleep on, the beating he put in cowboy I still can't Believe how one sided it was ( I'm a huge cowboy fan)

It seems like every fight is the biggest test for Connor. It's a quick turn around from his last fight. Hope he's game. The odds have to favor RDA with his coaching and the resume he's built recently.

As far as who is better trash talker/fight seller?

Connor shtick is borrowed from Muhammed Ali, Ric Flair and a few others. The thing is he seems like a natural. You could tell by his first appearance on the MMA Hour (check out the Connor compilation podcast).

Chael's was borrowed from Superstar Billy Gram and other wrestler promos. But he literally plagiarized a lot. He was definitely the first major MMA star to "get" it. His platform was built on decent wrestling and striking, PEDs and talking/building interest in a fight.

But Chael seems tame in comparison now. And unlike Connor, never won a belt. Almost cleaned out a division.

I'd be way more hyped for McGregor/Jones with the malarkey Connor would talk about JBJ.

No matter how much he talks, nothing will beat Brock's post-fight interview at ufc 100. 100% pure give no dambs.

No matter how much he talks, nothing will beat Brock's post-fight interview at ufc 100. 100% pure give no dambs.
I mean yeah. But that's like a never give the dude the mic situation. Kind of like Nate Diaz lol. Dude was talking about laying his wife, beer endorsements, shutting Mirs mouth, etc.

As far as Connor/RDA, I feel like RDA has looked way scarier in his outings. Knocking out Bendo, a former LW champion. Crushing Cowboy quickly. Just dominating Pettis. Making soufflé out Nate Diaz's legs. Besides the Khabib fight, he's been in a renaissance.

I give Connor credit. But like all of the hyperbole posts on this forum about RDA walking through Pettis hard kicks unfazed, it's like dude is a (Frankenstein) monster. If Connor does it again, there's no ceiling.

They were just talking about Conor on Sportscaster and Robert Flores started talking about how different the reception is for Conor's "trash talk" vs. the reception for Floyd's.

Then basically said "don't get me started" :lol:

They were just talking about Conor on Sportscaster and Robert Flores started talking about how different the reception is for Conor's "trash talk" vs. the reception for Floyd's.

Then basically said "don't get me started"
laugh.gif
The overall point re: race might be true but Floyd is about the worst vehicle ever to make that argument.  Floyd killed his own PR image by beating women and having his kid go on record with stories about it.

Conor literally knocked out the P4P best fighter in the UFC in 13 seconds

Some one who has never been knocked out in their career and has not lost in 10 years

This can't be understated

RDA has been KO'd

RDA has lost in the last few years

Conor literally knocked out the P4P best fighter in the UFC in 13 seconds

Some one who has never been knocked out in their career and has not lost in 10 years

This can't be understated

RDA has been KO'd

RDA has lost in the last few years
People's memories are short. They see what he did to Pettis and Cowboy and forget about the rest

Back
Top Bottom