The most powerful production V8 in the world

Originally Posted by KingSuperbIV

I never get why cats care so much about power they will probably never even use. Just give me a mean take off and im cool dont need to race or be with the meanest car on the street

Having this type of power is like having nuclear weapons.  You'll probably never use them but it's nice knowing you have them just in case. 

I don't like American cars but I won't say they suck. They have different strengths compared to luxury and exotic and import cars.

Arguing over the ZL1 and GT500 is stupid. Who really cares which one is better? The Lamborghini Aventador is better than both of them combined.

All cars are appreciated, except for minivans and SUVs. But those aren't cars.

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

The stupidity I read in car threads never ceases to amaze me...
looked at avy and read this in vegetas voice
sounds like something he would say too
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by PLVN

Mustang is a chick car now?

Comb your hair with a shotgun.

QFT.

A MUSTANG COBRA IS A CHICKS CAR? REALLY? REALLY? THE RIDICULOUSNESS...
MOST IN HERE HAVEN'T EVEN OWNED OR EVEN DRIVEN A GT OR COBRA.

V6 MUSTANG? DEF A CHICKS CAR. HONESTLY IN MY OPINION, V6 ANYTHING IS A CHICKS CAR
grin.gif

COBRA>>>>>>>>> *

BESIDES EXOTICS (FERRARI, LAMBO, ETC.) OF COURSE. 

JUST A FORD HUH?

geigercars-ford-gt-2008-769297.jpg

YOU GUYS MUST OF FORGOT ABOUT THIS LITTLE BEAST FORD MAKES
pimp.gif
the GT hasnt been in production for a couple years now, but i definitely think Ford and Dodge should put some money in R&D for their high end performance cars department, the mustang and challenger are cool as muscle cars but they cant compete with a gallardo, 430, especially not a gt2 or gt3, GM is worse off than both of them and its been producing the best high end performance car when you compare price to performance

Originally Posted by scshift

I don't like American cars but I won't say they suck. They have different strengths compared to luxury and exotic and import cars.

Arguing over the ZL1 and GT500 is stupid. Who really cares which one is better? The Lamborghini Aventador is better than both of them combined.

Not really, both are pony cars that are geared up to go against each other directly. Both have historically been competitors since the late 60s. Buyers that lack brand loyalty to Chevy or Ford are the ones who would care.
The Aventatdor point is just out of place.

the part that is strange to me however is that 90% of the GTR fanboys are the ones salivating over horses...

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The thing that they are salivating over is how well it puts its power down. Not much needs to be done in order to run 10's in the quarter, I believe stock they are running very low 11's. It's also very easy to drive fast, lots of aftermarket support. AMS just ran an 8.9 not too long ago, not sure if it was on drag radials or R comps but that's astonishing for a car to retain its streetable manners.[/font]

Originally Posted by wren32

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Originally Posted by wren32

It will probably weigh 4500+ lbs and the ZL1 is still gonna be better. FORD = Found On Road Dead.
So lets see, 2013 GT500 weighs 3,850 pounds, ZL1 is 4200 pounds. 350 pound weight disadvantage for the Camaro and 70 horsepower less. Try again.
Yeah well see once they put em on the track together. Of course i guess it wont matter once the ford breaks down anyway. Id rather walk over used heroin than drive a ford. 
roll.gif
Whatever makes you sleep at night my man.

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Not really, both are pony cars that are geared up to go against each other directly. Both have historically been competitors since the late 60s. Buyers that lack brand loyalty to Chevy or Ford are the ones who would care.
The Aventatdor point is just out of place.

the part that is strange to me however is that 90% of the GTR fanboys are the ones salivating over horses...
I think this is one of the main reasons why i dislike the GT-R. As a car fan i respect what numbers it can run but theres so much computer power in that car that driver skill is basically gone. A 70 year old woman can launch that car with minimal wheelspin. I think thats why the Viper to this day remains one of my favorite cars, 6 speed manual, no abs or traction control and takes true skill to drive. GT-R turn some switches and press some buttons and you can run 11 second quarter miles, i'll pass.

Originally Posted by PLVN

The GTR slurping is off the charts on NT.

It's an awesome car but y'all act like it's UNTOUCHABLE in every aspect.

I am totally an American car kinda guy(
pimp.gif
Cadillac/Buick FTW!) but I can honestly admit to "slurping" this car
laugh.gif
.  It just performs so incredibly well, it commands my respect. 

I also really like the shock factor of having a 6 banger faster than V12s. (even W16s in some cases
eek.gif
)

IMO people jock this car for a good reason : For the price there isnt a car on the market that provides the amenities and performance that the GTR brings to the table. 

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

I'd still take a M5 over this... I heard the clutches suck in mustangs.

Oh you mean da same m5 that got embarrassed by da CTS-V?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by ninjahood

grin.gif
Really? We are going to include a $144,000 M5 in this discussion?

http://www.autoblog.com/2...mw-m5-shots-hit-the-web/
so they FINALLY made a M5 that can take down a CTS-V? OK THEN anytime cadillac wants and which they eventually will within the next year or two they will make the V that will destroy the "new" M5.

you guys must think these american companies are just throwing out all they got, sad thing is they are just holding back and waiting for foreign companies to spend all this money to top what american companies know isnt all they got. Ford, Dodge, and Cadillac all know how to make powerful engines and you will see soon enough.

Dodge already did a great job with the 392 hemi engine which is actually is faster and powerful than whats listed at 470hp. Plus they plan on making factory superchargers for the new Hemis which should easily compete with the ZL1 and GT500.

stop hating on american cars because now they are finally using the money to make good quality and very powerful cars.

in all honesty, a hayabusa would dookie on all of these cars

/thread

yall argue over the dumbest stuff; as if convincing another man what car is technically 0.02 seconds faster for X amount of money is going to win you any gold stars.
at the end of the day 92% of you won't be owning any of these cars that you're vouching for. keep arguing about cars you don't own please

grin.gif
The E60 M5? Or the F10? Because no numbers for the F10 M5 are solidified, simply speculation.

Edit: Nvm, 560BHP, 501B LB/FT. Video of the CTS-V and M5 around the track?

I think this is one of the main reasons why i dislike the GT-R. As a car fan i respect what numbers it can run but theres so much computer power in that car that driver skill is basically gone. A 70 year old woman can launch that car with minimal wheelspin. I think thats why the Viper to this day remains one of my favorite cars, 6 speed manual, no abs or traction control and takes true skill to drive. GT-R turn some switches and press some buttons and you can run 11 second quarter miles, i'll pass.

I know what you are saying... but as technology moves on traditional driver's skills like traction control, traditional manuals, abs, manual launching, etc. will be killed off. Technologies bring better times, which is what these cars are about.

I'm a huge fan of the cars that require skill to drive. The Porsche 911 GT3 RS is one of my favorite cars. But it's starting to become redundant. The point of race cars are to have fast times, and computer/technological power can bring that. Why would any driver want to have a car which is difficult to drive when they can have one that is easy to drive? I can't see anyone who cares for performance numbers choosing a less advanced car over a more advanced one just because it requires more skill.

This is all in terms of those who care about numbers though. If you're all about driver involvement/experience, then cars like the GTR are not right for you. But computerized cars are the future and traditional cars will be phased out.

I know what you are saying... but as technology moves on traditional driver's skills like traction control, traditional manuals, abs, manual launching, etc. will be killed off. Technologies bring better times, which is what these cars are about.

I'm a huge fan of the cars that require skill to drive. The Porsche 911 GT3 RS is one of my favorite cars. But it's starting to become redundant. The point of race cars are to have fast times, and computer/technological power can bring that. Why would any driver want to have a car which is difficult to drive when they can have one that is easy to drive? I can't see anyone who cares for performance numbers choosing a less advanced car over a more advanced one just because it requires more skill.

This is all in terms of those who care about numbers though. If you're all about driver involvement/experience, then cars like the GTR are not right for you. But computerized cars are the future and traditional cars will be phased out.
Yeah, its kind of depressing seeing traditional manual cars being slowly phased out by DSG, SMG, etc transmissions. In the end performance numbers are what these companies are aiming for so if they want to be on top they have to go that route.

grin.gif
Was that the F10?

The F10 had a 3.7sec 0-60 time and a 12sec 1/4 mile....

glasses.gif

Some people are purist.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Some people are purist.

True, but I was talking about race drivers, and people who care about performance.

These are performance cars and manufacturers will implement what is necessary to get better performance marks. For companies like Ferrari, Lamborghini and Bugatti, driver involvement just isn't that important anymore. Not to mention many of their clients can't drive manual.

Companies like Lotus and Porsche are more driver-oriented but they too are starting to turn towards dual clutch transmissions and other technologies because they know drivers can't keep up with computers. They're all out for better performance in the end.

Some people are purist.

True, but I was talking about race drivers, and people who care about performance.

These are performance cars and manufacturers will implement what is necessary to get better performance marks. For companies like Ferrari, Lamborghini and Bugatti, driver involvement just isn't that important anymore. Not to mention many of their clients can't drive manual.

Companies like Lotus and Porsche are more driver-oriented but they too are starting to turn towards dual clutch transmissions and other technologies because they know drivers can't keep up with computers. They're all out for better performance in the end.

That 458 Italia is getting GREAT reviews from professional drivers across the world... Its more than just numbers. Some even said that its the best car they've driven by far...

And Lamborghini even dumbed down the Aventador to make it more "Driver-oriented"...

Some people are purist.

People who care about performance more often than not are purists when it comes to driving. If you've ever been to an HPDE you would see that a large majority of the cars that go are MT. You cite Porsche as moving towards dual clutch technologies but you also state how the GT3 RS is one of your favorite cars. In fact its quite the contrary in their most driver oriented cars. The 911 turbo is no longer the choice drivers Porsche, the GT3 and GT2 with their respective RS counterparts have taken their place. A quick browsing of Rennlist would show you that a large percentage of owners prefer keeping them MT rather than going with Porsche's PDK setup.
There's a hill climb in Virginia City, the Spectre 341 challenge. The car with the fastest time to date is a Ferrari F40. The fastest time this year was with a Corvette ZR1. Both these cars have a manual transmission, and both beat out cars with more aids (Stillen GT-R), because at the end of the day it all comes down to drivers skill. So much for drivers not being able to keep up with computers. Same in time attack unlimited class. FX Motorsport, Sierra Sierra, HKS, and the Cyber Evo all run manual transmissions beating cars that run sequentials. Rhys Millen for the Pike's Peak hillclimb actually switched from his paddle shifter setup to a manual trans and ran a faster time. The fastest cars in the 2wd and 4wd classes were all manual trans. Rod Millen driving his sons Formula D Genesis and Jeff Zwart piloting a GT2 RS. I'd like to think these people are race drivers and people who care about performance.

For the most part though most racing bodies are going to the sequential setups to get that millisecond edge, however drivers who get paid by teams to race differ from the enthusiast purchasing the car. The enthusiast will want to be able to take his car on the track but still have fun with the car and for some that can only be had with a manual trans, I doubt manuals get phased out on performance cars anytime soon.

For the record traction control and abs isn't a traditional drivers skill 

Back
Top Bottom