The Movie Red Tails...Go support your people.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Didnt Danny Glover get blackballed for that? That's what I'd heard

Of course he did. So many others are and will be.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

Danny glover had the same issue as he tried to get backing for a toussaint lovereture movie (haitian rev). Dude got only half the funding from hugo chavez. Movie is dead otherwise. I hate white people who get annoyed when race is flagged as an issue like that +$%# aint die yet.

laugh.gif
 Not to have a loser attitude but he should have known a movie about a group of "incapable, stupid, savages" overthrowing "powerful, great, intelligent" men would have gotten shut down. That movie would have every black person walking out fist pumping (Not Jersey Shore style). I was talking to an older dude about this last week, people aren't ready for that movie right there. Can cause too much "trouble" if you will.

So I went to see the movie.
Was it the greatest movie ever? Hell no.  However, it isn't nearly as bad as "reviewers" are trying to say it is.  

My only main issues were the somewhat corny writing here and there, and the lack of background on what the airmen had to go through to get from Tuskegee to Italy.

But seriously I fear for the future of my culture.  There are people on this board pissed off all the time about how "ignorant" Tyler Perry's movies are (personally I dont think they're ALL ignorant, but whatever), yet are saying "we" shouldn't support a movie about a important part in our history.  

If people don't support Red Tails it will be deemed a failure (in a financial aspect) by Hollywood, and chances of having another black film related to our history or a black film period that isn't a ****fest dwindles down even further.  That's what y'all fail to realize.

I feel like there's been this new mentality with black folk that because Obama's president and some of us can afford a 3 bedroom house in a white neighborhood we've "made it".  Like somehow race is not an issue no more.  If Red Tails had been put out in the 1970's on the big-screen every black person who could afford to, would've gone just for the sake of supporting a film about OUR history.  

This newfound passive mentality is going to set us back.  If you haven't noticed they've already cut the vast majority of our T.V. shows.  Apparently all we're good for now is ignorant %%% reality shows or "Meet The Browns" 
indifferent.gif

But aye, y'all don"t hear me tho.

^ Black women would be flocking to see it.

it wouldnt because thats not tyler's genre, and I doubt he could write an action/adventure flick. 

about half of those "positive" black films weren't even positive
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

will see this on Monday tho

Edit: i heard a rumor that Taylor Lautner is suppose to play Bruce Leroy in a Last Dragon remake
30t6p3b.gif
, really hope thats not true

Posted this in the other Red Tails thread. Amazing this song is 22 yeas old & still relevant today, sad also.

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackelford

Originally Posted by blakep267

^ Black women would be flocking to see it.

it wouldnt because thats not tyler's genre, and I doubt he could write an action/adventure flick. 
cot damn blake your avy is long as hell
yea, honestly I didnt even know it was that long. I thought it stopped after the first part, but then theres the Ferris part

Originally Posted by RetroSan

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Edit: i heard a rumor that Taylor Lautner is suppose to play Bruce Leroy in a Last Dragon remake
30t6p3b.gif

I hate that guy's face so much
sick.gif

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
R u &@^#*$( kidding me???
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

19.1 Mil thus far. Second after Underworld.

That's great. There weren't that many shows in the theaters in my area. For ex, Friday night it was only an 8pm show and like 10pm and that was it. I know some people that tried to see it and it was sold out. Hopefully the pace stays strong and they add more shows.

how bout we help blur the lines between black and white and lets all go see it since it looks like a good positive movie for anybody who wants to be inspired

.......well, i voted:

.....still looking for an answer to what movies on that list arent positive:

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

.......well, i voted.

.....still looking for an answer to:

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Well...Great Debaters, Akeelah & The Bee, and Pursuit of Happyness are the obvious ones. 

Originally Posted by daantimpire

how bout we help blur the lines between black and white and lets all go see it since it looks like a good positive movie for anybody who wants to be inspired

I agree, it is a feel good Patriotic, "every man should be able to fight for his country" type of movie.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

.......well, i voted.

.....still looking for an answer to:

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Well...Great Debaters, Akeelah & The Bee, and Pursuit of Happyness are the obvious ones. 

....yeah, well, that doesnt answer the question (no heat). i really am curious as to what movie in particular he deems "not positive"

Originally Posted by daantimpire

problem is that will never happen. there is a line and a lot of people have bad intentions as seen by people calling the movie wack and corny based on trailers. You have to really wonder what they are trying to accomplish by bringing negativity to people who actually want to see this...

Back
Top Bottom