The NBA Draft Thread

Both Brown and Jackson can potentially play 2-4. Obviously don't love having either of them at the 4, but if the other team is going small, they'll be absolutely fine.

Last edited:
Jackson is by far the best fit for Boston out of everyone in the lotto.
Fultz is still the best fit. Can play next to IT and can actually create offense unlike Avery Bradley. Celts would then move Bradley for something.

Not to mention how are they gonna find time for them after they sign Gordon hayward
Personally don't think Hayward is going to leave Utah and turn down money. Celts will still go after him obviously, but I think they are going to be looking at Noel very hard.

Ainge should trade the pick just based on their draft history alone. Terrible scouting and decision making on that end :x

Last edited:
Ainge should trade the pick just based on their draft history alone. Terrible scouting and decision making on that end :x
Please elaborate.

Ainge took over in 2003. Sticking to 1st round draft picks. Zero all stars and half these guys arent in the league anymore.
Outside of 2004 and 2010, not a fan of any these picks. I dont understand why teams are so hesitant on trading down in some of these drafts.

2003: Troy Bell (16), Dahntay Jones (20)
2004: Al Jefferson (15), Delonte West (24), Tony Allen (25)
2005: Gerald Green (18)
2006: Randy Foye (7)
2007: Jeff Green (5)
2008: JR Giddens (30)
2010: Avery Bradley (19)
2011: Marshon Brooks (25)
2012: Jared Sullinger (22), Fab Melo (21)
2013: Lucas Nogueria (16)
2014: Smart (6), James Young (17)
2015: Rozier (16), RJ Hunter (28)
2016: Jaylen (3), Guershon Yubusele (16), Ante Zizic (23)

Last edited:
A handful of those players were traded to other teams and/or never suited up for the Celtics though.

Ainge took over in 2003. Sticking to 1st round draft picks. Zero all stars and half these guys arent in the league anymore.

2003: Troy Bell (16), Dahntay Jones (20)
2004: Al Jefferson (15), Delonte West (24), Tony Allen (25)
2005: Gerald Green (18)
2006: Randy Foye (7)
2008: JR Giddens (30)
2010: Avery Bradley (19)
2011: Marshon Brooks (25)
2012: Jared Sullinger (22), Fab Melo (21)
2013: Lucas Nogueria (16)
2014: Smart (6), James Young (17)
2015: Rozier (16), RJ Hunter (28)
2016: Jaylen (3), Guershon Yubusele (16), Ante Zizic (23)
You're acting like he's picking in the top 5 every year and picking all duds. The average draft position over all that is 18th. If you look at the players selected after those picks, it's not like there are a ton of stars or instances where they really screwed up. Avery Bradley is one of the best 3 and D players in the league. Smart is one of the best defenders in the league. Jaylen is going to be better than everyone drafted after him, IMO, and I think could be better than Ingram. At least he is now...Zizic is 20 years old and after dominating the Adriatic league (putting up better numbers than Jokic and Nurkic did) is now playing very well in the Euroleague for David Blatt and is coming over next year.

Last edited:
I love Josh Jackson. Might never be a superstar, but he's the perfect glue guy and X factor type player you need for a winning basketball team. Seems like he loves playing defense. Form is unorthodox, but i believe he can become a 35% 3pt shooter in the league.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't think he's taking draft position into account and what the average value is at those slots.

2003 was a draft day trade, their picks were really Marcus Banks and Kendrick Perkins. Perk at 27 was a good pick.
Big Al at 15, Delonte at 24, and Tony Allen at 25 were all good picks.
Gerald at 18 wasn't bad.
Randy Foye at 7 wasn't their pick, that was Portland.
Same with Jeff Green at 5, that was Seattle.
Avery Bradley at 19 was a good pick.
Marshon wasn't the Celtics' pick, that was the Nets.
Sullinger at 21 was a good pick.
Nogueira wasn't the Celtics' pick, that was the Mavs.

The jury is still out on the rest of those guys. Plus he hit on a few 2nd rounders (Ryan Gomes, Leon Powe, Big Baby, E'Twaun Moore at 55).

A bunch of those guys were either contributors during their Finals runs or were part of the trades to acquire Ray and KG. There are some duds in there (Fab Melo, JaJuan Johnson), but many of those guys have exceeded what the average player contributes at those draft positions.

Last edited:
It's a fan of the team with one of the worst front offices in the entire league talking about this :lol:

The Celtics draft picks doesn't look that bad. And yes, Jaylen Brown is one of the better rookies this year. However, Jackson will make Brown dispensable and can be trade bait.

Fultz works well on the offense but having him and IT will probably have the worse that Dame and CJ, I am just saying that Jackson fits best with the current makeup of the team which doesn't mean anything since it's due for a change if they want to compete. Bradley is the perfect compliment to IT for the backcourt.

It's a fan of the team with one of the worst front offices in the entire league talking about this
laugh.gif
no correlation 

I love Josh Jackson. Might never be a superstar, but he's the perfect glue guy and X factor type player you need for a winning basketball team. Seems like he loves playing defense. Form is unorthodox, but i believe he can become a 35% 3pt shooter in the league.
we need to draft him somehow  

The Celtics draft picks doesn't look that bad. And yes, Jaylen Brown is one of the better rookies this year. However, Jackson will make Brown dispensable and can be trade bait.

Fultz works well on the offense but having him and IT will probably have the worse that Dame and CJ, I am just saying that Jackson fits best with the current makeup of the team which doesn't mean anything since it's due for a change if they want to compete. Bradley is the perfect compliment to IT for the backcourt.

Yeah I'm not quite understanding why anybody would think Fultz would be a good complement to IT. If your star player is a 5'8 guard that does all your scoring then you sure as hell better have a great defender at the other guard spot that doesn't care about how many shots he gets each night and takes the pressure away from him on the other side of the ball.

They already have the perfect complement in Bradley if he can stay healthy

Last edited:
given the history of how small gaurds age don't think you make draft decisions based on whatz good for Isiah Thomas.

No one it. The should absolutely draft the best talent available but just saying that he's he best compliment for the current roster and is a great talent.

Calling it now. Lonzo Ball gon' be a bust. His feet are glued to the ground. Such limited mobility, agility and speed. That's not going to work as a guard in the NBA today. 

Calling it now. Lonzo Ball gon' be a bust. His feet are glued to the ground. Such limited mobility, agility and speed. That's not going to work as a guard in the NBA today. 
I respectfully disagree. He reminds me of michael carter Williams but with way more confidence in his jump shot. Don't expect him to be a superstar but certainly not a bust.

I think guys start looking way to close and sticking with certain things. A lot of the criticisms are warranted but honestly you can point out just as many things that he does well where he deserves to be a top pick. He is a freshman leader on a good team. I think easily the biggest knock on him will be his motor and if he can defend but he is a 6 foot 6 pg. How is he any different from a Sean Livingston or kyle Anderson?

Back
Top Bottom